• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst Delayed to June 7 (NA) June 9 (EU)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
If they feel the best thing is delaying it, fine with me. Let it become the best it can be. Though I'm starting to feel like it's never coming out... Oh well, plenty of stuff to play in the meantime.

zsynqx

Funny thing though, it is releasing exactly 3 years after it was announced at E3 2013.

As a huge fan of the series since day one of the original, this game is beginning to seriously worry me.

It's a 2 week delay, probably to avoid the other big games in May.

_woLf

As a huge fan of the series since day one of the original, this game is beginning to seriously worry me.

This actually works in my favour and I'll probably now be able to get both Uncharted 4 and this game at their respective release dates!

Mirror Number 9.

No but really, the Beta is amazing and exactly what I wanted, but the combat, AI, textures and connectivity need some definite sprucing.
Good on them for delaying it.

Arion

Good. It was coming out right in the middle of my final exams. Now it's coming out the day after my finals finish. Timing couldn't be better.

Adaren

I'll have more time to play it in June, so fine by me.

The last minute change is kind of eyebrow raising, though.

barit

Skilltree, online components, open world aspect. Was that all what people loved about the original ME? I highly doubt it :p

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
This shit is gonna be a thing from now on, isn't it?

How long exactly have you been playing games? This is nothing new, back in the day the Ocarina of Time delays were infuriating.

Meneses

On the one hand, it's smart to move away from the heavy hitters in May, the game would be buried there.

On the other, "Social Play", wtf

nynt9

2 weeks is not bad.

Its not that bad imo. Playing the beta now. Alot is already unlocked. Roll is like the second one wich you get almost right away and the rest is just those little extra's.

Well, duh. In the beta they would unlock some skills so it doesn't feel bad. When you start the game you clearly won't have those.

Toki767

What are "Social Play" features and who really asked for that?

If it's just leaderboards, that would be a pretty silly delay.

pbzsONX.png

Vinc

So wait... everyone is saying a lot of stuff is getting delayed and I feel like I may have missed a few. Besides this and Horizon, is there something else^

This game would have got slaughtered if it came out in May, thank god its being pushed back a little, not to mention now I only have Overwatch and fire emblem to get that month.

With this I think I might buy 6-7 full-priced retail games in June, well then. At least July and most of August will be their usual dead selves when in comes to releases so I can catch up.

DOWN

Banned
Devs are really struggling this generation aren't they.

Games got more complicated as hardware improved, gamers are not willing to pay more for games and actually try to pay less via sales, and outrage when a dev makes a mistake is louder than ever. Making a big game has become a longer and riskier process than ever to try and get right on launch.

Ridley327

Funny thing though, it is releasing exactly 3 years after it was announced at E3 2013.

It's a 2 week delay, probably to avoid the other big games in May.

Yup. Once again, this was originally coming out on the same day as Overwatch. ME had no hope in that fight.

Megasoum

Banned
The delay makes sense. Move away from other games and release right when all the reviewers are ramping up crunch for E3 so let's them slip under the radar.

However this is one bullshit heavy PR statement. Like you actually improve anything with an extra two weeks for your RC build.

Top Bottom