• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst Delayed to June 7 (NA) June 9 (EU)

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
June is such a bloodbath right now. T-T

Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book (PS4, Vita) - June 6
Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir (PS4, PS3, Vita) - June 7
Kirby: Planet Robobot (3DS) - June 10
Grand Kingdom (PS4, Vita) - June 21
No Man’s Sky (PS4, PC) - June 21
Umbrella Corps (PS4, PC) - June 21
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Wii U) - June 24
Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Xbox One, 360, PS4, PS3, Wii U, Vita, 3DS, PC) - June 28
Star Ocean V: Integrity and Faithlessness (PS4) - June 28
Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma (3DS, Vita) - June 28

And now Mirror's Edge. And I'm sure I'm missing some on Steam. T-T

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
This game is fucked, to be honest.

I had all the hype and it's very nearly all gone.

This is how I feel. Everything I keep hearing about this game just drives me further and further away. Which is incredibly depressing for me because I adore the first game.

DOWN

Banned

Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Xbox One, 360, PS4, PS3, Wii U, Vita, 3DS, PC) - June 28

Most of those are not going to be blockbusters. The only hot-ish titles there come June 21 or later, so Mirror's Edge should be safe

Keep running from the launch, Faith

RunFaith%20sm.jpg
This is savage.

I hurt now.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood

In terms of mainstream titles that actually affect their sales in a meaningful way? I'd say EA feel pretty safe in June.

I'm actually fine with this. Launching on Overwatch Day would've been a nightmare, so I kinda figured that they'd do something about it.

June has a lot of games I'm personally interested in, but not much in the way of AAA, so that's a better time for it.

Kintaro

Most of those are not going to be blockbusters. The only hot-ish titles there come June 21 or later, so Mirror's Edge should be safe

Who said shit about blockbusters? Mirror's Edge isn't one either. I'm talking about awesome games in June! ><

May isn't filled with many "blockbusters" either. UC and Doom (Doom will die off quickly due to poor word of mouth) only. Overwatch will be big on PC. Rest are wannabes.

ME would have done the same in May or June. It won't matter much.

Shauni

In terms of mainstream titles that actually affect their sales in a meaningful way? I'd say EA feel pretty safe in June.

Yep, the game that has the potential to do the most in that list is probably No Man's Sky and Lego Star Wars, but the audience it's targeting is so different from what Edge seems to be going for, I don't know if it'll matter much. Kirby, Odin Sphere, Zero Escape, and Star Ocean are pretty niche, and I don't see Umbrella Corps doing huge business, but even if does well it's a budget digital-only title so it's not going to factor in much.

I desperately want this game, but it's only two weeks and yes a little later will give it more room. So that's a good thing.

Same day as Odin Sphere now though. Oh well, I'll take that. At least the idea of cancelling my Overwatch pre-order can be be banished to the four wins now. Which means I can get excited for that now.

DOWN

Banned
Who said shit about blockbusters? Mirror's Edge isn't one either. I'm talking about awesome games in June! ><

May isn't filled with many "blockbusters" either. UC and Doom (Doom will die off quickly due to poor word of mouth) only. Overwatch will be big on PC. Rest are wannabes.

ME would have done the same in May or June. It won't matter much.
That's delusional. This is an EA game from their Flagship studio and has been shown yearly at E3. It's AAA and the only games it will compete against in June are Lego and No Man's Sky

Kintaro

That's delusional. This is an EA game from their Flagship studio and has been shown yearly at E3. It's AAA and the only games it will compete against in June are Lego and No Man's Sky

Delusional? LOL.

Even my weekly conference calls at a certain gaming retailer do not refer to this title as "AAA" or a major revenue driver.

What are you expecting this title to do in terms of sales? ME is awesome, but it's niche as hell.

Muffdraul

No Man&#8217;s Sky (PS4, PC) - June 21

Don't worry, it'll probably get delayed to September. Then it will sell more and become GOTY! Yay! =D

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!

Luckily they are avoiding No Man's Sky as that game is likely to be pretty big.

Delay a couple of weeks and you'll wait 5 months for it instead? Ok

And DOOM

I don't think Doom is a big threat or going to do all that well . I have a feeling it will do as well as the New Order at best. I may be wrong though.

Keep running from the launch, Faith

RunFaith%20sm.jpg

oh my god where has this image been all my life

Also, yes, June is going to be a bloodbath for me, much more so than May ever was. Mirror's Edge is still first on the list, though, so sorry other games (except probably Atelier Sophie, you're cool)!

Shauni

Delusional? LOL.

Even my weekly conference calls at a certain gaming retailer do not refer to this title as "AAA" or a major revenue driver.

What are you expecting this title to do in terms of sales? ME is awesome, but it's niche as hell.

AAA is more about production values, and I really don't see any evidence that this is a small or budget developed title.

jediyoshi

June is far off, but May is a mess of games. Works out for me.

Delusional? LOL.

Why would they not refer to it as AAA?

Delusional? LOL.

When did AAA relate to game sales? Do several AAA games underperforming in sales mean they're not AAA anymore? AAA has to do with the scale of production.

leng jai

In what world is that a bloodbath?

The only thing I would get from that list is No Man's Sky. Also, Umbrella Corps is mediocre as hell from what I played. I have neither a Vita or 3DS, so this is not a bloodbath at all to me.

sector4

In what world is that a bloodbath?

In a JRPG fans world.

There's 5 must have titles on that list for me alone.

And dammit... I only just realised it was delayed, now it's releasing a couple days after Technomancer... The old date was better for me, but alas.

Kintaro

June is far off, but May is a mess of games. Works out for me.

Why would they not refer to it as AAA?

While AAA means one thing to a set of people, it means another to another set. It may have AAA budget/scale of production, but Mirror's Edge isn't a great sales driver. Pre-order numbers aren't good. Late nights events are not given hours for. So on. Doesn't matter when it launches. I don't see EA touting pre-order numbers for the game. It's the most niche "AAA" game out there (and I'll be happy to play it when I can).

The only thing I would get from that list is No Man's Sky. Also, Umbrella Corps is mediocre as hell from what I played. I have neither a Vita or 3DS, so this is not a bloodbath at all to me.

I don't play shooters or MOBAs. May is pretty weak to me. Why are people excited? Anyone can do this.

It's certainly killer to a group of gamers who love niche and RPGs games. A ton of great games in June. Including this one now. Although, Beta impressions are all over the place right now. o_O

Top Bottom