• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DNC chair won't speak at Dem convention following Wikileaks fallout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armadilo

Banned
CNN

The head of the Democratic National Committee will not speak at the party's convention next week, a decision reached by party officials Saturday after emails surfaced that raised questions about the committee's impartiality during the Democratic primary.

Debbie Wasserman Schultz, whose stewardship of the DNC has been under fire through most of the presidential primary process, will not have a major speaking role in an effort "to keep the peace" in the party, a Democrat familiar with the decision said. The revelation comes following the release of nearly 20,000 emails

One email appears to show DNC staffers asking how they can reference Bernie Sanders' faith to weaken him in the eyes of Southern voters. Another seems to depict an attorney advising the committee on how to defend Hillary Clinton against an accusation by the Sanders campaign of not living up to a joint fundraising agreement.

"She's been quarantined," another top Democrat said, following a meeting Saturday night.

Damn

I've lost a lot of respect for the Democratic Party. I don't know who I'm voting for come November

Why does everyone assume I'm voting for Trump? We have other candidates outside the two party system and I didnt explicitly rule anyone out.

watershed

Banned
She's the person we're all supposed to hate right?

In all seriousness this is a good thing. She has not been a great head of the DNC and she's not a great orator anyways. DWS made herself vulnerable for no reason. Hillary was always going to win this primary.

Going to expect a resignation shortly after the convention, honestly. I don't think the leaked emails are a huge revelation, but the woman has become a burden on the Clinton campaign. Excising her now is the best way to save face going into November.

smurfx

get some go again
I've lost a lot of respect for the Democratic Party. I don't know who I'm voting for come November
oh please if you're voting for trump then just say so. stop pretending the candidates are anything alike for you to even be considering one or the other.

Steel

Banned
I won't miss her, but I doubt the next DNC head will be much different. The job requires a yes-(wo)man.

shem935

Banned
She is out after the convention right? Read that on Gaf somewhere. For the best. Not an effective leader and clumsy with operations. Need someone to run a tighter ship.

Machina

Banned
If those emails turned you off.

You were not a reliable democratic voter anyway, and are just making excuses not vote for Hillary.

If you're willing to ignore sleezy stuff done by the "good" side, how are you any better than the bad one

If you're willing to ignore sleezy stuff done by the "good" side, how are you any better than the bad one

Well one thing is emails that while bad, ultimately were never put into action. Trump is a full on racist and fascist empowering a white power movement in the US. A tad different.

HylianTom

Banned
She's the person we're all supposed to hate right?

In all seriousness this is a good thing. She has not been a great head of the DNC and she's not a great orator anyways. DWS made herself vulnerable for no reason. Hillary was always going to win this primary.

My hunch is that she's going to end-up being the sacrificial lamb in this drama.

I also bet that Bernie will go out onto stage on Monday night to lay-out the stakes before us. This email drama doesn't change what this election is about; he knows this. Those who respect him and his movement, those who understand the consequential nature of this year's outcome, those who say they trust him.. they'll heed his words.

Mariolee

"I mean, I can't vote for the people that privately wanted a specific candidate. I'm sure they're in the same category with the guy talking about the size of his penis on national television."

It seriously boggles my mind how people can equate the misgivings of Hilary's campaign to the misgivings (which is extremely generous a term) of Trump's campaign.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
There's a wide gap between ignoring any issues within the DNC and opting not to vote for Hillary.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
In another thread it's pretty established that voting for Trump at worst, makes you a racist, and at best, means you're absolutely fine with racism, just something to think about.

Because the good side isn't trying to take away the rights of 11 million minorities, cripple the country economically, has actual policies, and isn't run by the most racist, xenophobic, homophobic, and straight up idiotic politician in recent presidential history. In terms of "sleezy" shit. The emails revealed that *gasp* the DNC is full of humans, not robots, humans who have opinions on who they prefer. There were no conspiracies, no rigging of millions of votes.

watershed

Banned

You must be joking. Did you just now realize that people are people? DWS is not the democratic party, she is the current chair of the DNC. There have been many chairs before her and after her. She's one person. And more importantly, politics is not a series of actions carried out by automation without subjectivity or opinion. Politics is messy.

Josh7289

Do you care about liberal policies?

Do you not want Trump as president?

If you answer yes to either, I recommend voting for Hillary. She's a liberal politician and electing her would of course deny the presidency to Trump. Win-win.

Armaros

'sleezy'

Please.

The public stuff of Bernie's campaign was worse then what those emails were talking about.

Unless everyone forgot how his campaign illegally accessed DNC files and then blamed the DNC and use it to make more money fundraising?

Or when the Bernie Campaign made baseless accusations of money laundering just so they could send out a mass fundraising drive?

Nope, just sleezy DNC.

And the DNC actually said no to the 'sleezy' things. Bernie's campaign actually did the above.

Toxi

Banned
Presumably the one that will enact policies you agree with.

Or you can just vote for the candidate who has nicer hair.

Those emails were reactions to bernie's shit campaign, but yes, let's blame the woman in charge.
From what I've heard, she did a shit job in general and won't be missed.

Yeah, those leaks were pretty bad. You should definitely vote for the racist, sexist, bigoted fascist who has no experiences beyond botched business deals, a cozy relationship with Putin, and who claims he will build a great wall of America to keep out all those Mexican rapists their government keep sending.

Or the anti-vaxxer who wants government funded homeopathy, she's almost as good of a choice.

Or a Libertarian. You know, they're a real, serious party!

Blader

'sleezy'

Please.

The public stuff of Bernie's campaign was worse then what those emails were talking about.

Unless everyone forgot how his campaign illegally accessed DNC files and then blamed the DNC and use it to make more money fundraising?

Or when the Bernie Campaign made baseless accusations of money laundering just so they could send out a mass fundraising drive?

Nope, just sleezy DNC.

And the DNC actually said no to the 'sleezy' things. Bernie's campaign actually did the above.
It's pretty incredible how quickly this was glossed over and actually spun in Bernie's favor when his voter data access was temporarily suspended over it.

Wilsongt

Off with her head.

On to a contested convention.

Bernie was rob.

Put Hillary in shackles.

Only Bernie can beat Trump.

Can I go on?

Biske

oh please if you're voting for trump then just say so. stop pretending the candidates are anything alike for you to even be considering one or the other.

"Oh whelp I'm generally a liberal but dissatisfied with how the DNC has run things, looks like I must vote for a Tyrannical Incompetent Racist Bafoon and apparently Russian Puppet"

Cause that makes sense...

antonz

DWS has been a mostly awful DNC chair. Her connections to the Clintons are likely the only reason she has been kept on.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

You do realize that parties are run by people, each with their own preferences for candidates and stances, right?

And that, up until about a year ago, Bernie Sanders was not a member of the Democratic party, while the clintons have about 40 years working as top state and federal officials under the banner of the Democratic Party?

Baki

Hopefully not Trump. It would be an endorsement of his racist platform.

Anyone willing to ignore his racism is as bad as any racist in my opinion.

Cipherr

Nobody says you have to ignore anything. And there's no love lost for DWS by Democrats if you haven't noticed. But he is full of it. A few random people in the DNC cracking some improper jokes in emails and some preferring Clinton as a Candidate doesn't swing someone's vote from a Liberal candidate like Hillary to Donald Fucking Trump...

And you know it. He's just being honest with the guy who is making excuses. Vote Trump if you want, but don't pretend like these weak ass emails are some straw that breaks the camels back and sends you running to relief in the arms of the guy who is racist as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom