• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Presidential Debate #1 |Hofstra University| I am not so think as you drunk I am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trouble

Banned
Ready for the shit show.

E: Here's my prediction:
Trump will remain subdued and avoid falling into any traps. His answers will be extremely thin on actual policy and borderline incoherent. Hillary will come across as knowledgeable and unflappable. Both sides will immediately declare victory.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
That drinking game could only have #1 and people would still end up with liver damage.

Anyway, I've done my reading, and am amped for this debate. I hope Clinton follows the advice on this NYT piece (i.e. not coming off as a jerk).

I also wish this wasn't in a week-day to actually play the damn drinking game.

Raiku

scarjo_popcorn.gif

kevin1025

Banned
Trump is going to act like a totally different person during the debate. There's going to be cracks in the facade, sure, but he will try and act like he's not at all what Hillary is trying to portray him as.

...until something gets to him, and things go south fast. Then no one will win.

watershed

Banned
I really don't know if I can watch more Trump. It's painful for me to hear the English language butchered with such hate.

Unlike with Mitt Vs Obama, if Trump wins the first one I fear that people won't let Hillary recover. The privilege is real. Trump has set standards so low and is the only one who benefits from them.

Zabka

Looking forward to Lester Holt asking 7 email questions for Hillary before giving Trump an over-the-pants HJ to prove he isn't biased.

SaviourMK2

Part of me wishes there would be no audience, or clapping/wooing was forbidden.

At least then Trump wouldn't have a life line

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
People will tend to think their side won, regardless.

Trump set a low bar, so will seem to perform better than expected since many expect a train crash. Clinton will exhibit signs of fatigue, or at least be perceived to be, even if she isnt. Facts won't mean a damn. Emotion and quips will be the things that stick out in your head the most.

Clinton needs to keep painting Trump as scary, and projecting strength from herself.

Trump needs to look moderate and Jim jitsu the scary label into Clinton being untrustworthy and lacking judgement.

Will be entertaining.

Lester Holt will appear in over his head.

I'm going with that. Excited to see how it plays out.

I wonder if we'll get some cool new ads, because this shit is gonna have Super Bowl levels of viewership

It will also be similarly entertaining

I'm hoping there's a halftime show and everything

Hilary's ability to form coherent thoughts should prove to be very useful.

Trump zingers will quickly be forgotten as people slowly realize that even he doesn't remember what he was talking about 30 seconds ago.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
People will tend to think their side won, regardless.

Trump set a low bar, so will seem to perform better than expected since many expect a train crash. Clinton will exhibit signs of fatigue, or at least be perceived to be, even if she isnt. Facts won't mean a damn. Emotion and quips will be the things that stick out in your head the most.

Clinton needs to keep painting Trump as scary, and projecting strength from herself.

Trump needs to look moderate and Jim jitsu the scary label into Clinton being untrustworthy and lacking judgement.

Will be entertaining.

Lester Holt will appear in over his head.

I'm going with that. Excited to see how it plays out.

As NPR said, the debate will be graded on a curve. If Trump gets a C it will appear to be an A- and if Clinton gets a B she will be getting a D.

It's gonna be depressing seeing Trump say nothing and still somehow come out with more voters

Also to anyone participating in the drinking game, can you please include me into your will. ty

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I wonder if we'll get some cool new ads, because this shit is gonna have Super Bowl levels of viewership

It will also be similarly entertaining

I'm hoping there's a halftime show and everything

No commercial breaks for the presidential debates. They gotta go for 90 minutes straight.

When a presidential candidate essentially says "I don't want any fact checking when I'm lying to the public" you know you've really hit the bottom of the barrel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom