• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Presidential Debate #1 |Hofstra University| I am not so think as you drunk I am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Betty

Banned
AHHHHHH WE'RE ALL DOOMED TRUMP PRESIDENCY IMMINENT RETREAT TO THE BUNKER

image.php

It's funny that everyone gave that Paul Ryan Congressional Aides pick shit for not having that many minorities and saying the same thing about Trump rallies. Can't say I approve of double standards.

lol, what double standards? Are you actually suggesting that Trump's support base(and by extension, the GOP) isn't SIGNIFICANTLY whiter?

Go watch the DNC again

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The "stronger together" and "Trump rambling" drinking rules mean we're all going to die from alcohol poisoning.

We're all gonna die.

The thing is, I could have made it worse. Imagine if you had to take a shot every time Trump said "Make America Great Again." You'd be taking two or three shots an answer. This was me looking out for your liver.

Aurongel

Really worried the moderators are going to let all sorts of shit fly. I wouldn't be shocked if this turns into another Matt Lauer type deal.

Trump doesn't need to rebuff every point Clinton makes, he just needs to avoid getting grilled by moderators and say enough cute sound bites to ensure his image and clips from the debate stay at the forefront of the news cycle. He's got an easy game to play here.

It's funny that everyone gave that Paul Ryan Congressional Aides pick shit for not having that many minorities and saying the same thing about Trump rallies. Can't say I approve of double standards.

It's funny that you are comparing a single picture of people with their backs turned to a photo of a bunch of white people sitting down clearly visible and oodles of white people at conventions if you took the time to actually look at even one rally. Meanwhile, scope like DNC rally and there's a far higher chance you'll spot some people with darker skin.

CrazyDude

The "stronger together" and "Trump rambling" drinking rules mean we're all going to die from alcohol poisoning.

We're all gonna die.

All part of Trump's plan to win the election. This whole time he was saying dumb shit to make Clinton supporters play drinking games while watching the first debate so they will all die from alcohol poisoning.

Hillary is already the presumed favorite as policy and debates are her forte, which means she has next to no chance of "winning" this debate unless she completely eviscerates Trump or he finds a novel new way to implode.

Like Palin, Trump just needs to make it through without looking idiotic. And his performance will come down to how well Trump is held to his spoken positions, something I don't expect much of.

My gut tells me that Trump will act like Trump, which is now somehow normalized, nothing new will be learned, the media will be lambasted for their focus on drama, and being asleep at the wheel in informing the electorate, and Clinton stumbles setting the stage for a nail-biter round 2 where nothing much happens, leading into round 3 where she clobbers him.

Basically, a ratings win. I'm cynical like that.

Rembrandt

Banned
So excited. I'll get out of class just in time to get tipsy and drink more while the debate is on. Gonna be very exciting to compare my twitter timeline (majority democrats/liberals/people voting for hillary) and my Facebook feed (which has a lot more trump supporters/republicans).

Jintor

Whoever wins, we lose.

There's 'losing' as in "I didn't get everything I wanted", then there's 'losing' as in "You fucking idiots made a gibbering madman your ruler"

/edit there's also losing as in "died from alcohol poisoning" which I just realised you may have been referring to

I am vacillating between assuming that Hillary will slaughter him and fearing Trump will pull it off somehow. Just like how I feel about the election. My head thinks she wins, my gut is churning regardless.

Im going to watch this at work on a tiny 5" screen with wireless headphones while i cook for all the assholes who watch footballs in restaurants on mondays.
I begged to get the debate with the sound on but got shot down because this election is too polarizing.

We're in Illinois! Guaranteed blue! Come on!

AniHawk

i'll watch this through gaf and catch the highlights later.

who am i kidding - i'll be listening to this on the radio on tomorrow's drive home.

Laieon

There's 'losing' as in "I didn't get everything I wanted", then there's 'losing' as in "You fucking idiots made a gibbering madman your ruler"

/edit there's also losing as in "died from alcohol poisoning" which I just realised you may have been referring to

There's a scale on how much we lose, but losing is still losing.

Toa TAK

Banned
I'm not sure what will be more entertaining: this thread or the debate itself

*Hillary gives poor answer to a question/Donald gives a half-decent one*

cue 10 pages of AHHHHHH WE'RE ALL DOOMED TRUMP PRESIDENCY IMMINENT RETREAT TO THE BUNKER
It's coming.

YOU KNOW IT TO BE TRUE

I need to get better prepared... good thing I need to go grocery shopping anyways tomorrow; I can pick up popcorn and stuff then...

CrazyDude

I'm not sure what will be more entertaining: this thread or the debate itself

*Hillary gives poor answer to a question/Donald gives a half-decent one*

cue 10 pages of AHHHHHH WE'RE ALL DOOMED TRUMP PRESIDENCY IMMINENT RETREAT TO THE BUNKER

Remind me of 2012 election night when people were freaking out about stuff like Romney leading in New Jersey with less than 1% of the vote counted.

Can't believe it's already here. Decades can be decided by how tonight plays out. Even as bad as Palin was I never felt even a fraction of the anxiety that I do now. Hopefully the Baby Jesus is on our side.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What do we do if we need to follow rule 5 twice? Get another bottle?

You should do like Hawkeye and Trapper John and have a still. If you don't have a still you should come prepared with a few bottles of your favorite cheap rotgut.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
The weirdest part about all this is I have no idea what to expect... It could be boring if Trump decides to act "presidential" and restrained, or it could be pure fuckery like some of the primaries were. I feel like anything is possible. Hillary could have a minute long coughing fit, Trump could shit his pants, who knows man.

Retro

... Pretty sure Rule #1 of that drinking game alone is enough to kill you in the first 15 minutes. Rambling comes to Trump like swimming comes to fish, he doesn't speak so much as vomit a slurry of half-formed thoughts.

Slime

Banned
I don't think I can bring myself to watch it. Not because I'm worried about how Hill will do, I'm just that bored of Trump.

Jeffrey

What is the ultimate objective for hillary and trump for these debates?

I assume hillary is still after the indecisive republicans, millennials etc.

And trump... black people? idk.

I am hyped as fuck, and there is nowhere i'd rather talk about the proceedings than right here on GAF. Has been the fucking shit for political talk & live commentary/reaction this season & we about to start the playoffs. Holy shit I'm excited

Calamari41

41 > 38
What is the ultimate objective for hillary and trump for these debates?

I assume hillary is still after the indecisive republicans, millennials etc.

And trump... black people? idk.

Trump will be trying to show the undecided people who think he's scary that he's not scary. We'll see how that goes...

Hillary is just trying to play prevent defense until the election.

johnsmith

remember me
The debate topics are a joke. They're the kind of pablum Trump would come up with. Hopefully they aren't a preview of Holt's moderation.

America's Direction
Achieving Prosperity
Securing America

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom