• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Presidential Debate #1 |Hofstra University| I am not so think as you drunk I am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trouble

Banned
CtOKr_OXEAExpMh.jpg:large

oh noes, the millennials are turning their backs on her 😭

User1608

Banned
Personally, I'm on the side of the candidate who looks at minorities as human beings so I hope Hillary does well enough. I think she will having rewatched her past debates.

Bowdz

Part of me wishes there would be no audience, or clapping/wooing was forbidden.

At least then Trump wouldn't have a life line

While there will be an audience, clapping, cheering, and making any noise is forbidden except for the entrance of the candidates and the end of the debate.

So thats what diversity looks like? I always thought it looked like a Trump rally where he is attempting to appeal to minorities.

Also, I like how all the women are taking selfies and all the guys are just looking straight forward at Hillary.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
This is not gonna be a debate, this is gonna be a fucking clusterfuck just like this whole election, i can't wait to watch it all :)

HylianTom

Banned
The main thing I pray for is for Trump to say something wacky that can be easily memed, just so that people can spend the following week mercilessly mocking him. Bonus points if Hillary riffs off of this or baits him into it.

I have little faith in traditional media, but I do hope that twitter will serve as a live spin room so that the narrative is already heavily influenced before the debate is even over.

Yeah, there's no noise allowed from the crowd. That'll really get to Trump, I think. He was awful at the CiC forum, and part of it was a strong lack of feedback.

The guy's too used to rallies where he's surrounded by his own fans. Put him in a vacuum and the cracks start to really show.

Ondore

I wish I was in the timeline where Jeb! was on the R side so that this debate couldn't indirectly cause a nuclear war.

Hopefully the white nationalist is down 20 points after, but I doubt it. Sad.

aceface

You know it's a lot of pressure to not only win the election but to also fucking save America. Good luck Hillary.

thefro

Yeah, there's no noise allowed from the crowd. That'll really get to Trump, I think. He was awful at the CiC forum, and part of it was a strong lack of feedback.

The guy's too used to rallies where he's surrounded by his own fans. Put him in a vacuum and the cracks start to really show.

Agreed there. Trump's instincts as a promoter will be to crank up the dial when he's met with silence.

I know he's done the Republican debates but there were several other people on stage the whole time and those crowds were generally making noise. He won't get much of a reaction from Hillary.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Clinton wins debate

Trump wins Media coverage

Chuck Todd spends 10 minutes talking about what a sad state of affairs this election is because Clinton asked Trump about his tax returns, and Trump called her a bitch, and he thinks that's the same thing.

This thread needs a "how many times does Trump try to interrupt Clinton" poll.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Clinton wins debate

Chuck Todd spends 10 minutes talking about what a sad state of affairs this election is because Clinton asked Trump about his tax returns, and Trump called her a bitch, and he thinks that's the same thing.

There better be a "Every single time" option.

I'm not sure what will be more entertaining: this thread or the debate itself

*Hillary gives poor answer to a question/Donald gives a half-decent one*

cue 10 pages of AHHHHHH WE'RE ALL DOOMED TRUMP PRESIDENCY IMMINENT RETREAT TO THE BUNKER

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I miss the old debate threads with themes. Can various candidates be types of liquor?

There was a version of this that was LOTR themed, but I didn't want to jinx it. I might post a gif or two from it tomorrow during the debate.

Clinton wins debate

I sent a PM to kev about this, so maybe we'll get one.

So thats what diversity looks like? I always thought it looked like a Trump rally where he is attempting to appeal to minorities.

Also, I like how all the women are taking selfies and all the guys are just looking straight forward at Hillary.

It's funny that everyone gave that Paul Ryan Congressional Aides pick shit for not having that many minorities and saying the same thing about Trump rallies. Can't say I approve of double standards.

Furyous

This is the battle rap equivalent of Murda Mook battling Iron Solomon at Summer Madness 2. I doubt Trump wins one round of this battle.

Has Trump released ANY substantial details on how his policies differ from Obama's or Clinton's for that matter?

The "stronger together" and "Trump rambling" drinking rules mean we're all going to die from alcohol poisoning.

We're all gonna die.

Vyse24

Quoting old post because I still think it plays out like this:

How I see it going:

- Moderator lets both sides know about the time limit and the rebuttal. Asks both sides not to speak out of turn.
- Trump breaks rules within the first hour of the debate. Will talk out of turn constantly and take twice as long answering some questions than should be given.
- Debate ends and Hillary will reach for a handshake. Trump blows her off.
- Outlets favoring the right will say Trump won for being aggressive and for being a radical by not playing by the rules.
- Hillary takes a huge lead, but only because, according to Trump, all the real voters were watching football instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom