• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Presidential Debate #1 |Hofstra University| I am not so think as you drunk I am

Status
Not open for further replies.

AniHawk

first Obama vs Romney Debate 2.0...
and this time there is no Uncle Joe to fix things afterwards.

not really. hillary's been preparing like crazy and trump's barely done anything of the sort.

with romney/obama, obama didn't prepare like he should have, and romney was way more energized because he was only running a campaign, not a country as well.

Seigyoku

I have literally been a Hilary supporter since 1992 and I just want to crawl into my bed and hide under the covers and hope I wake up and this is just one of my epic nightmares. Because really DONALD FUCKING TRUMP? (Native NYCer here, The Donald has been causing me grief and annoyance my entire life.)

Its still creepy that a 14 year old wrote this song

As children we had a toy called Major Morgan, that you played music on. You would slide in little pieces of laminated paper that had colored blocks and if you played the blocks in the right order you'd play a tune. There were things like "Mary had a Little Lamb" and "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and the Star Wars theme...

And "Suicide is Painless." They didn't even just call it "Theme from MASH" it was written out. Can you even imagine that toy today?!

Anyway, I've already had two Trump anxiety dreams where I was trapped in a large moving vehicle he was driving. This is the worse.

4olUpuh.gif

I'm ready.

I just hope the moderator does his job and not let either candidate take over the debates.
I also hope the moderator doesn't let either candidate off the hook if they try to avoid answering questions by changing the subject.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I support any and all MASH references on this forum.

Taking in account international audiences and people who will watch it after the fact, this should have more viewers than the Superbowl. Even the tiniest flub will become a top trending hashtag and meme on Twitter ala Binders Full of Women. Honestly with how much prep she put in, I don't expect Clinton to get rattled. Trump not being interested in prep work and not having a script in front of him means he'll be going off the cuff for 90 minutes. That is going to be entertaining.

I think it's going to be absolutely terrifying.

Trump only has to get one thing right to 'win', while Clinton only has to get one thing wrong to lose.

iammeiam

I sincerely wish they'd kept Mark Cuban's presence in the front row a surprise until the debate happened; I imagine that whatever wild magic they used to get Trump to usually follow teleprompters lately has been applied to his debate behavior, but I think a Cuban surprise might have tipped him off his axis. Unfortunately, he's had time to prepare now.

I have no expectations for this debate because this entire election keeps zigzagging crazily. Clinton will be prepared for all reasonable occurrences, but Trump isn't big on reason.

It's the world we live in. We live in a world where there are a million pictures of everything under the sun. If these people wanted a picture of Clinton, they could just do a google image search. The picture needs to be a memento of the moment. In this digital world we've created, the quickest and easiest way to make a picture your own is the selfie.

It is what it is.

I don't know if I'll be able to handle watching this. If I watch Hillary struggle against trump I don't know what I'd do... Considering not watching and reading about it the next day. Maybe I'll go see a movie or something.

UraMallas

I have complete confidence in Hillary. I really feel like she's going to mop the floor with him. One-on-one presidential debates are not something you can wing. This is right in her wheelhouse.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I have complete confidence in Hillary. I really feel like she's going to mop the floor with him. One-on-one presidential debates are not something you can wing. This is right in her wheelhouse.

oh I'm sure she'll do fine

What has me nervous as hell is how the media's going to handle it. Are they going to properly rake Trump over the coals afterwards or is the narrative going to be that he "held his own"?

What has me nervous as hell is how the media's going to handle it. Are they going to properly rake Trump over the coals afterwards or is the narrative going to be that he "held his own"?

Seeing how every post debate panel on CNN has 2-3 Trump supporters I'd go with the latter.

Opto

Banned

What has me nervous as hell is how the media's going to handle it. Are they going to properly rake Drumpf over the coals afterwards or is the narrative going to be that he "held his own"?

Hillary could be solidify her polices, show levelheaded decision making, and display a depth of knowledge of domestic and world politics, but as long as donald doesn't shit himself on stage, it would be considered a tie

Catching this at a friend's debate get-together after work tomorrow. Hillary is bedrock at this point so I have no doubts in her whatsoever, but man, I can't help but feel a little anxious (mostly about the massive difference in standards...) UGH.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I really can't shake the feeling of how everyone lost their goddamn minds after Obama/Romney Round 1 because Obama.......looked sleepy? I still don't know what the fuck that was all about, but I've got the feeling we're going to see it again after tonight.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
What a disappointing OP for such a monumental event.

oh yeah, can the OP update the post with the topics?

Or did I miss them.
Subject to possible changes because of news developments, the topics for the September 26 debate are as follows, not necessarily to be brought up in this order:

America's Direction
Achieving Prosperity
Securing America

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

Short of him having a full mental breakdown on stage or dropping some slur, it'll be the latter.

More than any debate in recent history, this does have the possibility of being a complete disaster. We have all the ingredients of someone with little actual debate experience, no policy knowledge, and a reluctance to prepare. But there is also the chance that he just sticks to a few canned responses as long as possible. Off script Trump is the wild card one, and this is over an hour of that mixed with having to answer questions he hasn't seen before. He could repeat his catchphrases all night and there will be a couple analyst that say he was "Presidential"

Seigyoku

Go to the Louvre and you'll see the exact same thing in front of the Mona Lisa.

I can attest to this. Pretty much the last thing I saw in that room before I had to be rushed out because I was going to throw up. (It was a weird day.)

Some celebrities (Mark Hamill for example) would rather do selfies than autographs, more personal and not something that a person is getting to turn around and hock on eBay. As long as people don't bring the damn sticks around I'm good.

LowParry

This has been a long time wait to see these two on first. Oh the fun there was with the Republican debates. Took a half day so I could get home and get ready to watch this. Gonna be one helluva night.

Hjod

Banned
Ugh, I'm going to miss the debate, I'm away with work on a managment course and the debate will air in the middle of the night here.

If anybody is doing the drinking game, god rest your soul.

Jeffrey

I'm just curious about Clinton's gameplan for these debates. She's a hard core prepper for sure.

Do we have any reference material with her talking against a crazy angry man?

Besides the benghazi hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom