• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Presidential Debate #1 |Hofstra University| I am not so think as you drunk I am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool, gross.

Raxus

Some people are also opportunistic.

By your logic Donald Trump can change his views to match Bernie's 100% tomorrow. Because people change over time right?

Change takes time and right now the republican party looks to appeal gay marriage, is not pro-choice, anti-immigration and a whole list of other things. The Clintons and the democrats, by and large are not.

But please keep giving me straw men to blow over because I can find clips from weeks ago showing how bad Trump is while you are busy posting stuff from 12 years ago.

Change takes time and right now the republican party looks to appeal gay marriage, is not pro-choice, anti-immigration and a whole list of other things. The Clintons and the democrats, by and large are not.

But please keep giving me straw men to blow over.

The republican party is not going to appeal gay marriage especially when their party nominee spoke at length about defending the rights of the LGBTQ community and got huge cheering and clapping from the audience (which was composed of mostly hardline Republicans)during his acceptance speech. Even Dick Cheney, who is about as Republican as it gets, actively supports gay rights and has been doing so long before Clinton saw the tide turning in their direction and very conveniently jumped aboard.

Also for the record there is a huge difference between being anti-immigration and anti-ILLEGAL immigration (which is what the Republican party is).

The republican party is not going to appeal gay marriage especially when their party nominee spoke at length about defending the rights of the LGBTQ community and got huge cheering and clapping from the audience (which was composed of mostly hardline Republicans)during his acceptance speech. Even Dick Cheney, who is about as Republican as it gets, actively supports gay rights and has been doing so long before Clinton saw the tide turning in their direction and very conveniently jumped aboard.

Also for the record there is a huge difference between being anti-immigration and anti-ILLEGAL immigration (which is what Trump is) just so you understand.

In the eyes of xenophobes and bigots, no, there really isn't.

There is no point arguing with a junior who is going to get perma'd within three days probably (based on him starting off with a Monica Hillary blowjob joke).

Pryce

Hillary needs to stay away from the first woman president/stronger together shit.

She needs to come after Trump straight away and hard too. Facts after facts. Call his bullahit. Leave that lovey-dovey convention stuff at the convention.

When did he speak about rights? He said he would save "the gays" from the scary Muslims. Trump's running mate is one of, if not the worst anti-LGBTQ people in the party and will appoint judges "like Scalia" in the SC who would overturn gay marriage. But please, reach for the stars.

liquidtmd

Banned
The whole media and expectation game is stacked against Hillary.

So very fearful about this debate.

Whilst not fearful I'm kinda of the opinion all Trump has to do is show up and NOT make a complete ass of himself or say anything too silly to be deemed a success whereas if Hillary puts one foot wrong, she's going to be hauled over the coals.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

Also for the record there is a huge difference between being anti-immigration and anti-ILLEGAL immigration (which is what the Republican party is).

How can you know what Trump really stands for?

SERIOUSLY

Raxus

The republican party is not going to appeal gay marriage especially when their party nominee spoke at length about defending the rights of the LGBTQ community and got huge cheering and clapping from the audience (which was composed of mostly hardline Republicans)during his acceptance speech. Even Dick Cheney, who is about as Republican as it gets, actively supports gay rights and has been doing so long before Clinton saw the tide turning.

Man, this must have just been a fever dream on my part than.

And don't get me started on HB2 in NC.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Absolutely this. Especially when poll numbers say they should change their convictions!

Bernie supporters never give up do they?
It's really quite sad, they would rather bitch about minor Clinton issues, than focus on preventing a White Nationalist from being elected.

It's really quite sad, they would rather bitch about minor Clinton issues, than focus on preventing a White Nationalist from being elected.

I wouldn't know, I'm not a Bernie supporter.
And no, I'm not a Trump supporter either.

When her campaign and SuperPacs outspend the white nationalist on ads 10 to 1 and he's in the margin of error with her don't you think that maybe Bernie would have been the better fucking choice for nominee? If Trump didn't say as much inflammatory shit this election would be a landslide election in his favor.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
When your campaign and SuperPacs outspend the white nationalist on ads 10 to 1 and he's in the margin of error with her don't you think that maybe Bernie would have been the better fucking choice for nominee?

No, Sanders would not be doing better in the polls than Clinton.

Suikoguy

I wouldn't know, I'm not a Bernie supporter.
And no, I'm not a Trump supporter either.

Then who are you voting for?
There is no better option.

Gary and Jill have shown themselves to be joke candidates (let alone having 0% chance of winning).

When your campaign and SuperPacs outspend the white nationalist on ads 10 to 1 and he's in the margin of error with her don't you think that maybe Bernie would have been the better fucking choice for nominee?

Oh god, ANOTHER Bernie or Buster.
I'd bet money he is another clueless Millennial too.

Republicans were praying for Bernie to be the nominee. Say it with me

Bernie 👏 would 👏 be 👏 losing 👏 right 👏 now 👏

Suikoguy

What does it matter? I thought we were talking about Hillary.

You accuse Hillary of only supporting things because they are popular, perhaps i'm not understanding what point you are trying to make.

now THIS is gross:

This is also gross. And also doesn't have the excuse of it being politically popular.

Congrats, we've collectively proven that everyone running for president this year has some deeply unethical shit in their past. Next you'll tell me that an American politician had to campaign on something that was popular at the time in order to win re-election that now looks bad.

Like, Jesus fucking Christ, what is the point you're trying to make? "Hillary Clinton is singularly bad, and no one else is for doing the exact same goddamn things?"

Suikoguy

This is also gross. And also doesn't have the excuse of it being politically popular.

Congrats, we've proven that everyone running for president this year has some deeply unethical shit in their past.

Well, at least he does what he thinks is right, and not what the popular option was.

Torokil

I predict it'll be very boring, unfortunately. Total letdown!

The only real upside is that the entire debate will be available at it's full in all corners of the web, thus rendering the (already written) media narratives completely fruitless.

Suiko's attacks aside I do honestly wonder the point you are trying to make.

I do want to understand your view, please tell me your side.

I'm just saying I don't believe at face value that her change in position is anything but a political maneuver. I felt similarly about Obama's "evolution" in his stance.

I'm not saying it makes her unqualified. I'm just saying I'm wary, and it's a little disconcerting to see people so assured of her being an ally, and so opposed to criticizing her in any way. She's certainly better than the alternative, but I'm not exactly celebrating this awful choice. It's incredibly disappointing to have these two as the candidates of the major parties.

Joeytj

Banned

Yeah, this is disgusting also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ONvxJOcus4

Oh, and this makes me vomit:

[In 1999]...the court also said that the Vermont legislature should decide the issue. Many prominent Democrats, including Sanders’ successor as mayor of Burlington and a gubernatorial nominee, spoke out in favor of gay marriage, but Sanders kept mum.

It wasn’t until 2009 that Sanders publicly voiced support for gay marriage, years after many of his contemporaries in Vermont. [But during Sander's time as a federal Senator].The state legislature voted to legalize gay marriage that March and overrode a gubernatorial veto to pass it into law in April. It’s unclear when exactly Sanders took his position. When asked, his campaign provided a news article from July of that year which noted that he had “previously supported” it.

A whole lot of things disappoint me about American politics, but, like, constantly throwing up my hands and saying "this is gross" about any and all of them stinks a lot more of "cynical bullshit mongering" than "actually putting in any effort for any micro-level changes".

Just drag the shambling corpse of the movement left forward like the rest of us.
Including Clinton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom