• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ adds Yamcha and Tenshinhan + original character Android 21

Stealing a Kagari tweet:

VJump confirms Yamcha and Tenshinhan for Dragon Ball FighterZ. Chaozu is an assist character.

Edit:
Bandai Namco revealed a new original female character for Dragon Ball FighterZ designed by Akira Toriyama named “Android 21.”

We’re still waiting for a scan or first look, but Android 21 is described as a busty scientist with glasses and long bushy hair, who looks like she’d appear in a Tales of game. Her voice actress remains unknown.

Zomba13

Can't wait to see more. Really cool Toriyama is doing stuff for this game.

I feel like this just overshadowed Tenshinhan and Yamcha's reveal. Poor guys, lol.

They are scrubs and deserve to be overshadowed.

Or I should say they've been made into scrubs. At least Tien has. Yamcha was always pretty eh.

Very happy to see Yamcha in. If Tien is in a game Yamcha is in as well.

Android 21?

The androids were my favorite villains in Dragon Ball.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Not sure how I feel about a original character. Much like "guest" characters in other games, there's always the feeling they are taking someone else's spot :/

Nezzhil

I'm don't like DBZ's Yamcha, but I'm happy for his fans and all of you that were waiting for him as playable. Cheers!

I'm still hoping that Ginyu is in the game with all of his friends.

KingBroly

Banned
As long as every time Yamcha dies, you get a special death animation, I'm all for it

EDIT: If Yamcha's being added, Chi-Chi HAS TO BE added

Ferr986

Android 21 is described as a busty scientist with glasses and long bushy hair, who looks like she’d appear in a Tales of game.

Dragon Ball FighterZ being a million seller in Japan confirmed.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Couldn't care less for Yamcha or Tenshinhan but Android 21 sounds interesting.

Luigiv

There's also an original character designed by Toriyama, Android 21.

ASW Nooooooo!

giphy.gif

Ok, I'm not really that upset about this but given that being as true a physically possible to the source material is this game's biggest selling point, I don't know how an OC can be anything other than out of place. Guess that means they're probably going to screw up the story mode.

Yea. Haven't seen the new character yet, but already not a fan. There's so many people to pick from, 3 entire generation of DB-DBGT and their movies, we didn't new a new character. Especially when some favorites aren't going to be in.

Hopefully the story mode is better than that shit story mode in Xenoverse.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
ASW Nooooooo!

giphy.gif

Ok, I'm not really that upset about this but given that being as true a physically possible to the source material is this game's biggest selling point, I don't know how an OC can be anything other than out of place. Guess that means they're probably going to screw up the story mode.
wtf are you talking about? we already know the story isn't part of the established canon.

Top Bottom