• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New to the DS club! Where do I collect my jacket?

Just picked up the Brain Age bundle and I must say I'm impressed.

Mostly picked it up for my wife who fell in love with Brain Age at EB. The massive amount of puzzlers really appealed to her.

Right now I have New Super Mario Bros and Brain Age 2, what else should I get? (Also have Fire Pro wrestling GBA)

As a postscript.... how the hell do you get the video to fill the screen for a GBA game?

dog$

Hates quality gaming

dogbowl

Don't think you can fill the screen with a GBA game...

Get Picross for your wife. DragonQuest-Rocket Slime was really good, as was the Mario+Luigi Time Partners.

There are plenty of other good ones, depending on what appeals to you. I'm sure they'll all be listed below

Juice

Outcast2004 said:

Mostly picked it up for my wife who fell in love with Brain Age at EB. The massive amount of puzzlers really appealed to her.

Right now I have New Super Mario Bros and Brain Age 2, what else should I get? (Also have Fire Pro wrestling GBA)

As a postscript.... how the hell do you get the video to fill the screen for a GBA game?

Jackets are on backorder. The only ones in America were routed from Japan, so they're all probably too small.

Quagm1r3

The Sphinx said:
We don't hand out jackets anymore. It's cuban cigars and Armani suits.

Nope. Those went to all the other thread starters listed above. Do you know how many cigars it takes to satisfy over 10 million people? I didn't think so...

ShinNL

Outcast2004 said:
So much to read...so little time!
You didn't even thank dog$ for that impressive list... (I honestly said wow when I saw that)... I hope no one helps you with suggestions..

Hey guys, it's been about a year since I've made a thread. I think I'll make a thread rerquesting some recommendations for DS games just so dog$ has to add another link to that already sizable list. Maybe not today and maybe not tomorrow, but sometime soon.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Don't worry about it, he's just lucky that the DS thread that started from yesterday (5 favorites) just melted off of the front page a few hours ago.

But it's cool, now he's authored yet another thread that will go into the list for him to ignore.
acidviper said:
This is a joke thread?
It doesn't have to be, but clearly there needs to be some magical way to make a thread title highlighted, sticky, blinking, with a supersized font, maybe even using sparklee.com to make a banner, for everyone to notice.

acidviper

Banned
Outcast2004 said:

ahhhh

Jme

I don't get why everyone is being mean. Here's a list of the best DS games I compiled just for you. They are in semi-order of awesomeness (top being most awesome), but all of them are must-have titles.

Ping Pals
Dino Master: Dig, Discover, Duel
Sprung
I Spy: Fun House
The Wild West
Winx Club: Quest for the Codex
Chicken Shoot
Cake Mania
Toon-Doku
Greg Hasting's Tournament Paintball MAX'D
High School Musical: Makin' The Cut
Bratz: Ponyz
Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi: The Genie & the Amp
Diner Dash
Dragon Booster
Crash Boom Bang
Snood 2: On Vacation
Dogz
Harlem Globetrotters: World Tour
Pogo Island
Mage Knight: Destiny's Soldier

Sharp

handofg0d said:
I don't get why everyone is being mean. Here's a list of the best DS games I compiled just for you. They are in semi-order of awesomeness (top being most awesome), but all of them are must-have titles.

Ping Pals
Sprung
The Wild West
Chicken Shoot
Cake Mania
Toon-Doku
Diner Dash
Dragon Booster
Crash Boom Bang
Dogz
Pogo Island
At first I thought you'd forgotten Imagine: Babyz, but then I realized that it's not out yet.

NEOGAF: THE SEARCH FUNCTION

It's been out for a while but a lot of new kids on the block haven't heard of it. If you're looking for something hot to play, I'd highly recommend checking it out ASAP.

Linkhero1

Hcoregamer00 said:
Quoted for Massive Truth.

The Final Case in the third game wouldn't be understandable you never played the 2nd game.
Good thing I played it =P I'm still on case 4 though in the third one.

handofg0d said:

Ping Pals
Sprung
The Wild West
Chicken Shoot
Cake Mania
Toon-Doku
Diner Dash
Dragon Booster
Crash Boom Bang
Dogz
Pogo Island

Unfortunately, one of these games is actually pretty decent.

HINT:
it's diner dash

also for some reason the dolts over at IGN have some sort of hard-on for the HSM game, apparently it's a decent EBA ripoff for the children

santouras

Linkhero1 said:
The first US release and he should import the 3rd one. I didn't like the 2nd one that much.
The final case of PW2 slaps you around the head. That is the best case in the first two by far (I haven't played 3 or 4 yet) and is worth every second of it

Linkhero1

santouras said:
The final case of PW2 slaps you around the head. That is the best case in the first two by far (I haven't played 3 or 4 yet) and is worth every second of it
I didn't like it that much. It was good but I loved the 4th and 5th cases of the first game.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
52b8a2o.jpg

Top Bottom