• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese SMG HP is online (BLESS US WITH THE HOLY LIGHT OF MARIO)

JoeFu

Banned
Oh my gosh....

That intro video was epic.

Seeing the Castle and the area from SM64 was awesome.

That town looked amazing..

asdflkjas;fdlkjaslfkj

too much awesomeness today.

JoeFu

Banned
The part where he walks down the hill and reveals the town with the castle there... omfg

look at the water!!

Why can't more games look like this.

Music is amazing too.

jarosh

awesome. i'm quite liking some of the new music i'm hearing. and the original track from the e3 2006 demo got an overhaul and sounds much MUCH improved now.

dkeane

There are definitely spoilers in these videos, so people who don't want some story and cool gameplay spoiled... stay far away!

Eteric Rice

:O

I couldn't tell if that was all in game or not. Some of it looked like it was, some of it looked like it wasn't. :O

So much for that "it can only do those kinds of graphics because it uses small worlds" thing. :O

:O :O :O

JoeFu

Banned
Eteric Rice said:

I couldn't tell if that was all in game or not. Some of it looked like it was, some of it looked like it wasn't. :O

So much for that "it can only do those kinds of graphics because it uses small worlds" thing. :O

Yeah, at first I thought it was CG until the text boxes started popping up and Mario was collecting the stars.

Day -1 confirmed.

Who wants to go raid some warehouse and steal the game with me before it comes out?

Eteric Rice said:

When he's jumping around, grabbing stars, it's in game.
But yeah, the difference is pretty minimal.

jarosh

oh shit i wish i hadn't watched all these videos. there is some absolutely amazing stuff in there and goddamnit - the music is just marvelous in some parts... omg when he's floating, hanging from that flower... that music is just brilliant. damn.

edit: HOLY SHIT - the prologue video. that is fucking breathtakingly beautiful.

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
brandonh83 said:
The airship attack music reminds me of Mario 3. I do believe we have a winner here folks.

I thought the exact same thing. I swear I've been wanting to see those ships in a 3D game forever now.

I was hoping I'd be able to put buying this game off until I actually had $50 extra, but I don't think I'll be able to now :(. Thanks a lot.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I love the look of that level. I wanted to see something like it for quite some time. Fucking awesome!

Metaphoreus said:
I thought the exact same thing. I swear I've been wanting to see those ships in a 3D game forever now.

I was hoping I'd be able to put buying this game off until I actually had $50 extra, but I don't think I'll be able to now :(. Thanks a lot.

Yeah so I was going to get this game at midnight on launch anyway, it's not like I needed these videos to convince me, but now it's like more along the lines of definitely my game of the year without question.

jarosh said:
edit: HOLY SHIT - the prologue video. that is fucking breathtakingly beautiful.
Don't it make you wish for a HD Mario..... although that damned Video is damned near as good as Mario can look without going all shiny and bald on us

John Harker said:
can someone link the opening vid?
in the 1st post second link

Eteric Rice

Okay, so I re-watched it. None of that was CG. :O The cutscenes definately use the in-game engine here.

DefectiveReject said:
Don't it make you wish for a HD Mario..... although that damned Video is damned near as good as Mario can look without going all shiny and bald on us

in the 1st post second link

I don't have an HDTV so not really.

Wii said:
SMG?!
Someone rename the topic so it says SUPER MARIO GALAXY in huge capital letters.

add in "tits" and "ass" and "Jesus Christ" in the topic title too and it would be even more accurate.

brandonh83 said:
add in "tits" and "ass" and "Jesus Christ" in the topic title too and it would be even more accurate.

SUPER ON YOUR TITS AND ASS MARIO GALAXY THREAD OF AWESOME

I just reqatched that long vid and i felt sorry for my little Wii

It's certainly not looking foward to how hard this game is going to push it!

DefectiveReject said:
SUPER ON YOUR TITS AND ASS MARIO GALAXY THREAD OF AWESOME

I just reqatched that long vid and i felt sorry for my little Wii

It's certainly not looking foward to how hard this game is going to push it!

It ain't gonna push it, it's gonna SUCK IT

El Papa

HAHA I love all the little touches like the refraction effect of the toads in the crystals and the little polygonal shapes from the Magikoopa's energy blast, throwback! AWSOME!!!

Top Bottom