• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese SMG HP is online (BLESS US WITH THE HOLY LIGHT OF MARIO)

mollipen

Can we please... I mean, seriously... stop kidnapping the princess? It's just getting stupid now. The whole "save the princess" thing is just way too out-dated at this point, and this has to be the stupidest bitch in the world if, after being kidnapped as many times as she has, she continues to use a bunch of useless mushroom people as her guards instead of some hell-born death beasts.

Unless, you know... all that fanart of Peach enjoying being kidnapped is actually true.

JoeFu said:
I love the music in that video.

I just love "experience" games like this, and the greatest part about it is that since most Mario games have great challenges, it's expected to have some great gameplay and very rough parts, which should please those who have been disappointed in how easy the latest Zelda installments have been.

brandonh83 said:
47027d785e6fd111790771.jpg

*shakes head*

I cannot fathom this game, I give up before it causes my brain to melt into a puddle of some unknown substance.
HOLY CRAP

And watching all of the gameplay videos on the site (I need to go into blackout for this)... hooooooooly crap. Just simply amazing. Awesome music, great graphics, amazing gameplay.

GOTG.

That intro was mindblowing. I can't remember ever reacting like this to preview media of a game.

I really wish I'd brought my headphones to work today to hear the music you guys are talking about.

jarosh

shidoshi said:
Can we please... I mean, seriously... stop kidnapping the princess? It's just getting stupid now. The whole "save the princess" thing is just way too out-dated at this point, and this has to be the stupidest bitch in the world if, after being kidnapped as many times as she has, she continues to use a bunch of useless mushroom people as her guards instead of some hell-born death beasts.

Unless, you know... all that fanart of Peach enjoying being kidnapped is actually true.
who the fuck cares about bullshit like that. it's a fucking mario game. i'd play it if the story involved mario sucking luigi's salami. jesus

The next Wii Zelda should be done by Tokyo as well. Not that the Zelda games we;ve been getting are bad (quite the opposite)... but Galaxy looks simply amazing.

8bit

Knows the Score
Blimblim said:
Ok I captured all the flv files (hopefully) and will convert them into one long video.

Your video seems to repeat a couple of sections(wall jump, long jump) more than a couple of times. Looking good though.

mollipen

jarosh said:
who the fuck cares about bullshit like that. it's a fucking mario game. i'd play it if the story involved mario sucking luigi's salami. jesus

Because, at this point, it comes off as mind-blowingly ludicrous. I mean, it is really so bad to expect a bit more out of Nintendo than:

Person A: "Hey, we need to make a new Mario game. What should it be about?"
Person B: "Well... we could just kidnap the princess again."
Person A: "Alright, problem solved. Let's go collect our paychecks."

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
shidoshi said:
Because, at this point, it comes off as mind-blowingly ludicrous. I mean, it is really so bad to expect a bit more out of Nintendo than:

You have to be fucking kidding me.

And really, this looks like the amalgamation of SM3, SMW and SM64 that I've always dreamed of. :D

jarosh

shidoshi said:
clearly this is what happened.
i mean, everything in this game just screams "problem solved, let's collect our paychecks."

Thomper

shidoshi said:

What kind of story would you want, man? An epic tale of betrayal, love, and in the end, a shocking twist that Bowser is actually a half-brother of Mario & Luigi?

Oh my god. So amazing!

I just wish these vids weren't encoded at such a lacking framerate - I want to see the 60 FPS goodness.

JDSN

Banned
shidoshi said:

Shit, no wonder you work for PLAY.

JavyOO7

Thomper said:
What kind of story would you want, man? An epic tale of betrayal, love, and in the end, a shocking twist that Bowser is actually a half-brother of Mario & Luigi?

That would be kinda awesome, actually.

jarosh

Thomper said:
yes. and mario sucking luigi's salami.

Tristam

Thomper said:

:lol

EDIT: Media blackout, so not watching these videos.

shidoshi said:

And yeah, I'm sure all the effort being put in the game simply amounts to "lawl let's get our paychecks."

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Ok I watched the intro movie and went :O all the way through it. Watched two gameplay vids and that's enough for me. I even quickly scrolled past the pics posted.

Definitely want this game to surprise me in more ways than one.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
After watching most of the videos, the GOTY status won't be enough for this game.

1-D_FTW

shidoshi said:

I don't know. Can't you at least admit that this kidnapping has some flair to it? No guards were gonna stop this one.

AshStrife

shidoshi said:

So what the heck do you want them to do?

Mario has always been about gameplay. Story can go to hell. You just need a reason for Mario to traverse through levels and that is good enough. You don't play Mario for a story period. Otherwise you get shit(and I mean that in terms of story) like Sunshine or the the recent Sonic games.

Again I will reiterate you don't need a story for every freakin game. Sometimes all you need is good Gameplay.

Duderz

Banned
shidoshi said:

Really? Really?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
dionysus said:
I thought this was SMT HP, some new Shin Migami Tensei game I had never heard of. :(
That's why the thread title needs to be changed by a mod into something like "SUPER MARIO GALAXY JP HOMEPAGE OPEN WITH NEW GAMEPLAY VIDEOS OMFG ALL OVER MY FACE AND BUTT CRACK!$@%"

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Now we need a thread title edit to get this thread rolling as it should be.

Kenka

I CAN'T BELIEVE I CAN'T MASTURBATE DURING THE DAY BECAUSE OF RAMADAN.

Hopefully, there's no sign of ramdan in November
:D

SantaC

people play mario for a fucking story? Mario = gameplay

who cares. Mario and his characters aren't exactly designed for shakespeare dialogue.

Clouseau

shidoshi said:

You're right. Lets instead play the angsty teenager with animu hair out to save the world again. Or lets shoot some aliens or better yet nazis! How about we destroy some huge overbearing entity sucking the life out of everything? Most games are cliched.... Get over it.... It's mario!

Unison

shidoshi said:

Get real.

It's not like Nintendo is unable to come up with something different. It's a joke... did you never play any of the Mario RPGs, which make fun of this? Even Super Mario Bros. 3 made fun of this in the ending...

*boggle*

gabe90

Blackout. This is just too revealing. I am very excited for this game, and I don't want to see anymore before I get there.

Also that intro video was incredible~!

Rlan

DUN, DUN, DA DA DA DADA,
DUN, DUN, DA DA DA DADA,
DUN, DUN, DA DA DA DADA,
DUN, DUN, DA DA DA DADA
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA,
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA,
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:D

Top Bottom