• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese SMG HP is online (BLESS US WITH THE HOLY LIGHT OF MARIO)

After viewing every screenshot and video that's been released for this game thus far, I thought it impossible for me to be wowed any further.

I was seriously mistaken.

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Incredible, the mini-planet concept seems to solve all the annoyances of sunshine with it's huge get-to-the-top kind of levels where it was sometimes hard to figure out what to do. Camera seems to be perfectly fine without any intervention.

Spinning them goombas around and then kicking them in the air rocks.

Also, like in Super Mario World, Mario Bros. 3, and Mario 64, it seems that Bowser isn't messing around this time.

Man, so this is the devilish plan he was scheming while he let his son play around in Sunshine.

shidoshi said:
I'm a fucking retard

I tried not to get sucked in but I feel like I have to re-enforce Jiggy37's point. The Princess is a fucking monarch. Who else is Bowser meant to kidnap in order to take over the kingdom?

He also happens to have a stonker for that ass, re: Paper Mario

OH GOD THE TARD HAS RUBBED OFF ON ME, SOMEONE WASH IT OFF!

Edit: Also, yes, this is possibly the greatest thing I have ever seen in video gaming. I mean, I'm a huge Zelda fan and if I had to pick a series of games to keep forever, it'd be that one. But this could quite easily end up being my favourite game.

Looks at the THIRD video (tricks). The world with many trees is even larger then every world we've seen before. And the tower reminds me, once again, the tower of the World 5 of Super Mario Bros. 3.

281.jpg

GDGF

Soothsayer
I'm not going to watch these. I'm not going to watch these. I'm not going to watch these.

(Mind strong body weak)

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
The only annoying thing is, due to the constant switching of the music, you can't hear the main theme all the way. Which sucks because I want to hear that theme fully, damn it!

AceBandage said:
Which is why most sites will ignore these two games and choose Halo or Bioshock.
=/

WTF who cares about reviewers !!! This game is wonderful ! More then enough for me !!!

But I agree that it's a scandal

Oblivion said:
The only annoying thing is, due to the constant switching of the music, you can't hear the main theme all the way. Which sucks because I want to hear that theme fully, damn it!

Yeah. The only one I recognised is the Super Mario Bros. 3 World 1-2 theme.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Seriously, it's not fair that something like Super Paper Mario gets the hyperbolic title changes, but not this, dang it. :mad:

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Oblivion said:
Seriously, it's not fair that something like Super Paper Mario gets the hyperbolic title changes, but not this.
Um, maybe the mods that care about this game are not connected at the moment?

Civil

I'm dizzy after just looking at screenshots. This game is going to be so disorienting. But I'll still get it on day 1.

Dr.Hadji

Oblivion said:
Seriously, it's not fair that something like Super Paper Mario gets the hyperbolic title changes, but not this, dang it. :mad:

It was funny when people thought SPM and Galaxy were even in the same...... galaxy. A "choose or die" thread was made and a surprising number a people choose SPM over Galaxy. Hah, the fools.

Seriously what a shitty thread title. I'm actively following this thread and still I'm constantly reading over it on the main page.

Cosmozone

I'm an atheist, but... OH... MY... GOD! Thank you that I was born in this time. The intro movie is so beautiful it brought tears to my eyes. And the gameplay is @_@. I have to distract me during this horrible wait. Ok I have a backlog here. How about some Beyond Good & Evil, what a nice game, very entertaining, la la la.

CoolS

*watches it for the first time*

Why don't I stop spoiling this game for me.... AWSEOME!

*watches it again*

SO AWESOME*

*again*

OMG THE MUSIC!

*watches the 'tricks' video*

Now I'm really pissed at myself, because this showed gameplay I didn't want to see untill I played the game. Let's see if I can be strong from now on...

I doubt it :(

KINGMOKU

Gaming fucking nirvana. Metroid Prime3, Halo3, Smash Brothers, and Galaxy.

I didnt even mention a HOST of other great titles either. Just sick.

Best time ever to be a gamer.

Guys, I just wanted to let you know that I love you all and should the world somehow come to an end once I've finished Galaxy, I will have known that life was good.

Amir0x

Banned
Oblivion said:
Well, don't just stand there!

For one time only:

This is one of the most appealing looking games from a visual perspective of ANY next/new-gen system! Those mad scientists have done it with this art style!

Top Bottom