Double Fine is likely developing a game called Brutal Legend. The owner of brutallegend.com is the now-defunct Circus Freak Studios and Caroline Esmurdoc, founder and CEO of Circus Freak, is now Executive Producer and COO at Double Fine.
3) Red Fly Studio ... is developing Sierra Entertainment's new Ghostbusters game for Wii and PS2 for [fall 2008].
3) The Far Cry franchise is coming to the PS3 courtesy of Ubisoft Montreal.
6) NBA Ballers 3 (not the final title) will be slam dunking on the PS3 and Xbox 360 in April.
10) After great success Athens 2004, Eurocom is developing sequel 2008 Beijing Olympics for Sega.
3) Also coming next fall is the Wii version of Spore from EA Montreal, which be the first home console version of the title to see release. The Wii version feature an online mode for content sharing akin to that found in the original version and the possibility of online gameplay for the Wii version is being looked into. The DS version of Spore (which Jenova Chen was working on prior to joining thatgamecompany), seeing release alongside the original version in April, will support the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection for gameplay.
4) Heavy Iron is working on WALL•E for PSWii60, DSP and PS2.
4) The title Kyle Gray is toiling on over at Tiburon is not just good, is not just addictive and utterly intoxicating, it is a sublime experience that is the best DS game coming out this year. Maybe he'll say something about it next week, maybe Tuesday, maybe between 10 and 11 AM. Also, that other game that may be discussed during that time, something called World of Goo is shaping up to be pretty good, looking to be one of the year's best titles. It is nice to see two Kyles doing their work to help the reputation of Kyles everywhere after the harm done to the name by Kyle Sampson.
7) Something called Gears of War 2 IS going to be at something called GDC.
It's a Wonderful World is coming stateside next year as well.
8) Black Rock Studio's first game under its new moniker IS a PS360 off-road title coming in the fall.
8) Cryptic's Marvel project is dead, but they have two or three other MMOs that they are working on. One will peep its little head out [in 2008].
6) Can you say NFL Head Coach 09 for Xbox 360 and PS3 without getting excited? I'm fairly sure you cannot.
1) Disney has some sort of title "inspired" by Rock Band, also featuring the word "band."
5) The future for Iron Lore's next title is not too existent as they are in the throes of shutting down.
1) Namco is bringing Family Ski stateside under the name Wii Ski or We Ski. How marketing managed to pull out that one baffles me, it is the epitome of deft.
2) The action game Certain Affinity is working on is a lighthearted, swashbuckling pirate adventure.
2) In addition to Left 4 Dead, the collective of sixteen or so known as Certain Affinity is working on two unannounced titles, at least one documenting their previously mentioned fascination with lighthearted exploits of swashbuckling, names floating around are Plunder and Pirate's Booty.
19) Yet another Super Monkey Ball game is in the works.
Super Monkey Ball, Spore, Sega, and EA are well known. Further explanation isn't necessary.
5) Titles for Apple multitouch devices will no longer be novelties with a few well-known franchises (most falling in the simulation genre) from a couple of companies you probably have heard of.
Source. The part about 2K Boston hating Ken Levine cannot be proven true or false, so there is essentially nothing that can degrade this to a "partially true rumor". However, I'm leaving it in there so people can see all the info without having to dig around SG's blog.
Here's the story about that from someone.
"2K Boston is still recovering - a good chunk of the BioShock team did not want to work with Ken ever again, and 2K definitely understood the sentiment and let them set up a new studio so that they can make Bioshock 2, leaving Ken with Project X. A good chunk of the other senior 2K Boston people who were sick of Ken but didn't move to San Francisco ended up scattering to other AAA developers instead. In Quincy, they're essentially rebuilding a team from almost scratch again."
It should be noted 2K Marin (the new SF studio) also consists of a few people from 2K Australia, the Quincy studio's Canberran counterpart.
3) A sequel to Carnival Games is coming in the fall, with other platform(s) added to the mix.
2) The forthcoming The Incredible Hulk game will the jolly green dude in environments that actually exist in the real world.
The first glimpse at the [The Incredible Hulk] game will come within [March 2008].
... I'm sure we all know that one of those unannounced titles is the sandbox The Dark Knight adaptation in development.
Source: The mega Xbox 360 survey leak in June.
7) Silicon Knights' game for Sega (previously known as The Box) is now going by the recently-trademarked name The Crucible: Evil Within (most popular choice from that survey from last December).
... Alive is the latest from France's Darkworks coming to Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and PC...in the future, with an emphasis on survival, not so much the horror that has filled the companies past games (however, this will likely maintain the M rating of those titles). Unlike past games, Alive will feature an online multiplayer mode. ...
25) Mario Superstar Baseball Wii is sliding to home base [summer 2008].
11) The next KOTOR is being worked on at BioWare, pre-production and some early production has been done internally at LucasArts, though.
2) Don King's Prizefighter is NOT very good, as previously said.
3) Turns out ShellShock 2 is a survival horror title, which does explain the zombies. Also, it is now a FPS.
3) Some unfortunate news, Underground Development (formerly known as Z-Axis) will be closing down in the next month or so, following completion of work on the PS3 port of Enemy Territory: Quake Wars.
1) Capcom will be publishing the debut title from Bionic Games, High Impact Games' sibling of sorts, which is a Wiixclusive original sci-fi actioner whose name escapes me.
1) BottleRocket Entertainment (Rise of the Kasai) is the developer of the Splatterhouse revival.
Source #1, Source #2
III) Big Huge Games Wii title is God the Game
2) According to Vancouverian who told me previous Next Level Games information, the developer is working on a new Punch-Out!.
1) Nintendo's new handheld will see release in late 2009.
2) Afrika is a "nonviolent game" with "positive social themes." Something certain to appease those who have always wanted to spell doom to fictional poachers without violence.
9) Heavy Rain an "adventure game" that features a number of things I've never seen before in a game and it has been in production for at least two years by now..
1) Heavy Rain: The Origami Killer continues two things from Fahrenheit, the player plays as multiple characters and levels and areas players
have access are incredibly small, thus the game looks amazing and much effort is made to highlight even the finest details.
3) When is The Sims 3 coming out?
Currently scheduled for February 2009 around the ninth anniversary of the release of The Sims.
2) Raven Software is working on some action-RPG sequel set in the Marvel universe. Originality! Excelsior!
4) Infinity Ward has begun working on Call of Duty 6. Originality! Excelsior!
3) THQ Studio Australia's third-person action title is based off Warhammer.
7) Watch out Mario Kart because Electronic Arts racing to the finish line [in 2008] with MySims: Racers for the Wii and DS.
Source. Resistance 2 does not have "Fall of Man" in its name. There are no vehicles in MP.
Insomniac Games is indeed developing Resistance: Fall of Man 2 (no, not Rise of Man, as some people have created) tentatively scheduled for release next November. Aside from the first and last level, the game takes place entirely in [redacted], where someone who may or may not be Sgt. Nathan Hale (who plays a role in the story) has to deal with the Chimeran invasion of the [redacted] in [redacted] such as [redacted]. And there is a cliffhanger ending that sets up for a third title. Vehicles will be included in multiplayer this time around, one will be able to take to the sky with three new vehicles or boogie it down on the ground with the three vehicles from the first game's Campaign.
Source. The impossibility of new Jet Moto games has not been confirmed.
1) The Jet Moto series is alive in the same way a rock is. Twisted Metal has a future on that new console that ends with a 3.
Source. Ghostbusters: The Video Game is coming in 2008, not 2009.
15) Ghostbusters game is coming 2009, likely not being developed by ZootFly, and is coming to PS360 and possibly Wii.
Source. Platforms have not been confirmed.
16) Street Fighter IV is 2d/3d/cell-shaded on the PS360.
Source. There apparently were plans.
20) Factor 5 would like to develop for Wii, but there are not any concrete plans for a title.
Source. Exact names have not been confirmed.
2) Treyarch is currently working three titles that will see release next fall, Spider-Man: Red vs. Black "featuring an original plotline chronicling one of the comic world's greatest rivalries," Call of Duty 5 "a historical shooter that introduces many innovative ideas never-before-seen in the series that will excite fans," and James Bond 007 (working title) "an explosive action game with a strong online component that lives up to the legacy of the greatest action character of all-time" that will be the first of annual releases.
Source: Electronic Gaming Monthly.
1) No Skate DLC is happening because EA Black Box is busy working away at the sequel, which will take place beyond San Vanelona.
It's apparently not coming out before May, lol.
17) Red Steel 2 not before May, with multiplayer and co-op.
Source. Gears of War 3 coming in 2010 is not confirmed.
2) Is Gears of War 2 coming out [in 2008]?
Definitely, Gears of War III is coming out 2010, after all.
Source. SFIV is coming out in July to arcades. Sherry Birkin (who isn't the lead female character) and Wesker are both in RE5, but it's being released in March 2009 along with Street Fighter 4.
5) When is RE5 and SFIV coming out? Any interesting tidbits?
September/October and July/August, respectively. The lead female character is Sherry Birkin, who is in her early twenties, and Wesker is will likely show up.
Resistance 2 was shown privately to N'Gai Croal. However, nothing was shown publicly (as generally assumed by everyone).
2) Resistance 2 trailer next month (you are probably reading this in February, so later this month), as well seeing the game (which looks amazing) in action in non-trailer form.
2) Namco also has an American-developed Wii cheerleading title, in which one uses the balance board for clandestine dancing operations and the nunchuck/Wiimote combo as pom poms.
Source #1, Source #2. The original rumor of Namco developing Wii Cheer was true. However, All Star Cheer Squad, a different cheerleading title by THQ, was announced before which lead to the second quote. Because of this, SG rectified her original rumor to make it seem true even though it was real to begin with.
3) Yeah, Wii cheerleading title is from THQ not Namco Bandai...turns out I did not notice the words "American company" (in reference to the publisher) in the original communication.
THQ's game "All Star Cheer Squad" uses the balance board. The other four publisher's support of the balance board has not been confirmed.
1) What American publishers have titles that support the Wii Balance Board coming out [in 2008]?
EA, Disney, Activision, Majesco, and one that starts with a T.
Source. A fall release date has not been confirmed.
6) Guitar Hero DS IS one of the four Guitar Hero games that EGM mentioned and IS coming out this fall.
The first three titles have been confirmed to exist. The fourth title isn't confirmed, but could be GH: Van Halen. The return of boss battles haven't been confirmed.
1) Guitar Hero Aerosmith will rock this way in July. Unsurprisingly, Guitar Hero IV: [insert superfluous rock subtitle here] is out in Rocktober. As previously reported by the internet, Guitar Hero On Tour is out in June. There is a fourth title (as previously reported by EGM) that is "an action-packed Guitar Hero experience like no other" or, in English, it is different from the other Guitar Heroes. Also, those universally loved boss battles are returning.
Source. Carnival Games DS isn't the sequel.
3) A sequel to Carnival Games is coming in the fall, with other platform(s) added to the mix.
Shaun White Snowboarding is coming this fall. An SSX title will not.
16) EA's next-gen snowboarding title that may or may not have SSX in the title is coming [fall 2008], at the same time frame as "the best snowboarding game ever" (or so I'm told numerous times) Shaun White Snowboarding (which is also shredding next-gen systems).
Source. There isn't an MMO component.
3) The next Diablo (probably titled Diablo III) will feature a single-player component (akin to previous titles) and an MMO component (less akin to previous titles), will be announced sometime [Spring 2008] and is still on track for release before decade's end.
Well, Square Enix released some PS1 games on the Japanese PSN. Does that count?
4) Who is the company remaking games for PSN?
Square Enix was the company that the EGM rumor was talking about, but the games are not full-fledged remakes.
Source. This rumor was posted in February and the announcement came in July, so that kinda ruins the "soon" part, though.
3) Sony's will be launching a greatest hits line for PS3 soon with Resistance, Warhawk, and Motorstorm to start.
Source. We'll see about the "bee's knees" part.
4) The final version of Super Monkey Ball for iPhone will feature at least fifty levels and a number of mini-games. Spore definitely is not the sole appearance of a high-caliber gaming franchise on the iPhone and is not even the bee's knees of these franchises.
I'm not bothering with finding out if the game had just started production or whatever, so yes, my laziness is the reason this is a partially true rumor. Oh well.
4) A Montpellierian says Yoshitaka Amano is hooking up with Ubisoft, possibly for Beyond Good & Evil 2 (not the most surprising thing in the universe, as the Ancel-Amano relationship is rather amicable), which three Montpellierians say is just starting production (which contradicts what I previously heard...I think and totally disappoints me).
Punch-Out Wii is a remake. The other stuff is unconfirmed.
5) No Wave Race, Luigi's Mansion's 2, Excitebike (it's called Nitrobike) or 1080 for Wii. Punch-Out for Wii, if it has gone beyond the prototype that was made last year, is a remake of the original NES title.
Source. The is no version of Gauntlet on the Wii at this time.
2) Also coming next year from Backbone Entertainment is a version of Gauntlet for the DS, the hack-and-slash adventure will support the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection for multiplayer with up to four players. Gauntlet will also make an appearance on Nintendo's other system in the same timeframe.
Two games (at the time of the post's creation) were known to be in development: Wario Land Shake It, and Made in Ore.
3) Three Wario games are in development.
Red vs Black is apparently Web of Shadows, the Spider-man game featuring Wolverine mentioned in the rumor. There's also Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, which features Spider-man.
1) Activision hopes you like Spider-Man, the company is producing two further web-slinging titles in addition to this fall's ultimate Red vs. Black, one follows our wall-crawling friend as he teams up with Wolverine for amazing some reason and the other I don't know about but has to be spectacular. Originality! Excelsior!