• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF March 8th/11th Caucus Thread (Wyoming + Mississippi = OBAMATON)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rur0ni

Wyoming

esther.jpg

Lay of the Land

wyomingheader.jpg

wyoming.jpg
wyomingpop.png

Breakdown

wyomingpopbreakdown.png

wyomingeducationbreakdown.png

wyomingeconomyworkbreakdown.png

Delegates at Stake

12 Caucus + 6 Super Delegates. Two of which have endorsed candidate Barack Hussein Obama.

Caucus begins in the morning, last caucus location begins at 8 Eastern. Most will be finished before that time.

Candidates

Hilliary Rodham Clinton

clintonpost4th.jpg

The Inevitable Nominee fresh from a successful firewall, still has fight in her and will do right by America, answering red phones one at time.

Barack Hussein Obama

obamahandsup.jpg

Settle down America, It's about the delegates.

Notes

Wyoming is a caucus vote surrounded by states that Obama has won convincingly. The African American population is under 1%. The population, while not necessarily rich, ranks 46th in terms of Unemployment. They are behind the curve technology wise, and have a big mining operation. Ranked 45th in post high school education (20.8%).

Personal prediction, Obama will beat her handily. Maybe the suffrage state will pull through for Clinton though. No polling available. Also note under 1% African American population statistic, always has done well by Obama in all contests.

Extra Note

Mississippi data will be added later.

Wyoming Final Results
61% Obama
38% Clinton
01% Uncommitted
+23 Spread

wyomingresults.png

Predicted Delegate Distribution
Obama 7
Clinton 5

Net gain of +2 delegates for Barack Hussein Obama. There is also an add-on delegate that gets decided later, but it goes to the person with the delegate lead in the state. So it could be said a +3 gain in delegates. Clinton gains on March 4th erased?

Mississippi

mississippicoin.jpg

Lay of the Land

mississippiheader.jpg

mississippi.jpg
mississippipop.png

Breakdown

mississippidemographics.png

Delegates at Stake

33 Primary + 7 Super Delegates. 2 of which are committed to Barack Hussein Obama.

Polls open from 8AM-8PM EST.

Polling Data

ARG 3/7/08

58% Obama
34% Clinton
05% Other
03% Undecided

+24 Obama Spread

Sample Size: 600 completed telephone interviews among a random sample of likely Democratic primary voters living in Mississippi (461 Democrats and 139 independents and Republicans).

InsiderAdvantage 3/7/08

46% Obama
40% Clinton
14% Undecided

+6 Obama Spread

Republicans: 68/28 favor Clinton. 3 Undecided.
Independents: 53/23 favor Clinton. 24 Undecided.

An InsiderAdvantage survey of 412 registered voters who said they were likely to vote in the March 11 Mississippi Democratic primary shows, as expected, that Barack Obama leads. However, the poll also suggests that somewhere between 15% and 20% of the voter turnout for the open-primary contest will be Republicans and independents.

“There is some good news for Clinton in this survey. First, she is winning independent voters. Second, we have heard rumors that Republicans voters might engage in the primary in higher than normal numbers, so that they can vote for Clinton, and thus keep the Democratic battle going. There is some evidence that this trend might be developing.

Rasmussen 3/8/08

53% Obama
39% Clinton
08% Undecided

+14 Obama Spread

Clinton leads among senior citizens but trails among younger voters. But, it is the racial divide that defines the campaign in Mississippi—Obama leads 80% to 12% among African-American voters while Clinton holds a 47% advantage among White voters.

Notes

According to news sources, over 70% of the Democratic registered voters are black. This will play into Obama's favor. What is going against him? Whites are just as overwhelmingly supporting Clinton. Huge racial divide. Also, Republicans are free to vote in this primary, and there has been a recent shift in Republican support for Clinton, in an attempt to drag out this race. The potential 50 spread bomb has been averted it seems.

Mississippi Final Results

Obama
255,348 61% 19 Delegates

Clinton
155,477 37% 14 Delegates

100% Reporting
+24 Spread Obama
+99,871 Net Votes Obama

mississippiresult.png

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Any recent polling data for those two states?

EDIT: Why not just make this thread about both Wyoming and Mississippi?

EDITx2: Just saw no polling data available.

Amir0x

Banned
The only thing that would make this night "exciting" is if Hillary won it, upsetting the expectations, and that would just about guarantee the country/momentum has fully shifted.

Rur0ni

reilo said:
Any recent polling data for those two states?

>:O

Personal prediction, Obama will beat her handily. Maybe the suffrage state will pull through for Clinton though. No polling available. Also note under 1% African American population statistic, always has done well by Obama in all contests.

AniHawk

Amir0x said:
The only thing that would make this night "exciting" is if Hillary won it, upsetting the expectations, and that would just about guarantee the country/momentum has fully shifted.

What a sad day that would be.

I'll be working all of Saturday, so I expect some good news when I get home.
the disgruntled gamer said:
So wait, when is the Mississippi primary?
Tuesday.

Amir0x

Banned
AniHawk said:
What a sad day that would be.

I'll be working all of Saturday, so I expect some good news when I get home.

Yeah that would be tragic. I don't think it'd happen, thankfully, but this whole Texas/Ohio thing has made me uncomfortable.

AniHawk

Amir0x said:
Yeah that would be tragic. I don't think it'd happen, thankfully, but this whole Texas/Ohio thing has made me uncomfortable.
You realize if he loses the next two states, it'll be up to you and you alone to save us all.

Rur0ni

reilo said:
You shut up >:| I did an edit.
EDIT: Why not just make this thread about both Wyoming and Mississippi?

Well, these threads grow too fast. Anyone not checking the thread every few hours is sure to be left behind, and will ask questions that have already been answered, etc.

Edit: There is no Mississippi... why is it in the thread title? >:O

Amir0x

Banned
AniHawk said:
You realize if he loses the next two states, it'll be up to you and you alone to save us all.

I was hoping for either Ohio/Texas to help out the momentum... without either/or, I doubt Obama can pull it even with 6 straight weeks of introducing.

He'll need a Hillary slip-up

reilo

Rur0ni said:
Well, these threads grow too fast. Anyone not checking the thread every few hours is sure to be left behind, and will ask questions that have already been answered, etc.

Edit: There is no Mississippi... why is it in the thread title? >:O

OH SNAP. I WIN?!

It's okay. Amir0x still loves you.

AniHawk

Amir0x said:
I was hoping for either Ohio/Texas to help out the momentum... without either/or, I doubt Obama can pull it even with 6 straight weeks of introducing.

She'll just cover any slipups with more negative campaigning. She'd need to be filmed eating a baby or something, and everyone knows she only eats babies in private.

reilo

AniHawk said:
She'll just cover any slipups with more negative campaigning. She'd need to be filmed eating a baby or something, and everyone knows she only eats babies in private.

We can get PhoenixDark to try and seduce Chelsea, and then brainwash him to film Hillary eating babies in private once he has infiltrated their ranks.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
time to make my usual contribution to the thread.

cd178bb4bc9d7c4773c32cb8fee6a913.gif

c2ef11484a25f6bf2f2bee919ddf51e3.jpg

Hillary has admitted that she will not catch up in delegates. She also says she will listen to the DNC decision about Florida and Michigan, but still thinks the results from the first go should be the official counts (Which is stupid since Obama didn't campaign in either and wasn't even on the ballot in Michigan since the two campaigns had previously agreed to not campaign there).

Hillary's only hope is the super delegates to give the nomination to her anyways. I would like to think that the only way she could do that was if she managed to win the popular vote with all the primaries combined. I still don't think Hillary would have a chance in the general election.

Atrus

Gold Member
Amir0x said:

If she wins by less than 55-45 then Penn. will be a good scenario. If it's 60-40 or greater... then there'll be pressure on Obama to win some of the other remaining states by some margin.

At 55 or less, Obama gains an advantage despite losing thanks to the math and Clintons currently poor situation.

This nomination is fucked. Neither Obama nor Hillary can win enough pledged delegates to win.

It is down to a schmoozefest of superdelegates. And I guess they don't have to commit until the convention. So we won't know who wins until then.

And which ever gets picked, the other's supporters will be pissed and may not have enough healing time before the general.

gkryhewy

speculawyer said:
This nomination is fucked. Neither Obama nor Hillary can win enough pledged delegates to win.

It is down to a schmoozefest of superdelegates. And I guess they don't have to commit until the convention. So we won't know who wins until then.

And which ever gets picked, the other's supporters will be pissed and may not have enough healing time before the general.

Many among Hillary's core demo may die of natural causes before the general anyway.

reilo

Olbermann is so on top of his game during these past few weeks. He's not biting on any of the bullshit and his quirky remarks are just hilarious.

Hootie

reilo said:
Olbermann is so on top of his game during these past few weeks. He's not biting on any of the bullshit and his quirky remarks are just hilarious.

Olbermann? More like OlberGODD. He's the reason I love watching political news.

I love when he knocks Fox News, too. Calling if Fox Noise and calling the TV personalities "Comedians" :lol His Worst Person in The World bit almost always include a guy from Fox, too. The worst. person. inthewoooooooorrrllllllddd!

reilo said:

yeah, my respect for olbermann has grown a lot lately. i used to not like him.

he's like the bill o'reilly of the left, but instead of being a mean, stupid asshole he's a funny, clever asshole

reilo

He just compared Hillary to Lieberman :lol

And the guy he was talking to said all she needs to do is kiss President Bush on the cheek.

reilo

DrForester said:
:lol :lol :lol

Ellen loons like she's about to kill someone.

Is that Steve Carrell to the left?!

vadernoooo.gif

reilo

Did Margaret Carlson just almost have a freudian slip and said:

"She really did have tea and cok.... tea and cookies."

reilo

PhoenixDark said:
I just poked her on facebook. Can you imagine a threesome with Chelsea and Huma omg

Oh god... HELL no. That would be a nightmare featuring paper bags.

Hootie said:
Wait what? Hillary is involved with this canadian NAFTA shit too? Epic. :lol

Yep, Olbermann is talking about that now.

maynerd

Banned
Hootie said:

This is RICH

*** UPDATE *** The Clinton campaign responds: "Unlike the Obama campaign, we can and do flatly deny this report and urge the Canadian government to reveal the name of anyone they think they heard from. The Obama campaign has given a variety of misleading answers to the press and the public about its top economic adviser’s contacts with the Canadian government and should come clean about why they did so," writes campaign spokespman Phil Singer.

ari

Banned
speculawyer said:

nobody come november will be that stupid to not vote for their party of choice. Only rabid fanboys that have nothing else to do but watch news networks all day and make primaries/caucuses a formal night of planning is the only ones that thinks that way. In reality, Half of the voters do not pay attention to the news often, not only that, most democrats do not mind either candidate going to the election. Note the incredible turnout for each one.

Seth C

Hootie said:

Of course she is. She only attacks Obama for shit she's guilty of. That's how she keeps off the radar for it.

Hootie

Seth C said:
Of course she is. She only attacks Obama for shit she's guilty of. That's how she keeps off the radar for it.

And that's probably how she gets the uneducated vote, unfortunately.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
The Hillary-Canada/NAFTA thing is now on the front page of Yahoo..we'll see the kind of traction it gets.

reilo

schuelma said:
The Hillary-Canada/NAFTA thing is now on the front page of Yahoo..we'll see the kind of traction it gets.

It's on MSNBC, too, but not on CNN, but they are running with the "darkened" Obama ad on their Politics page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom