• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF March 8th/11th Caucus Thread (Wyoming + Mississippi = OBAMATON)

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Amir0x said:
The only thing that would make this night "exciting" is if Hillary won it, upsetting the expectations, and that would just about guarantee the country/momentum has fully shifted.

Even if the momentum has shifted, I don't think Hillary can win a Western caucus or the state with the highest African American population in America. These two are Obama guarentees.

I notice on MSNBC they're trying to push "its not about winning states/delegates anymore... Its all about who's the toughest" because no one can reach the goal.

I hope Obama doesn't fall for it. Just let Hillary continue shooting herself in the foot.. no doubt she's the one who push this new idea out there.

RiZ III

Perhaps this is old news or has already been mentioned but Obama raised 55 million dollars in February! _O_

Hootie

RiZ III said:
Perhaps this is old news or has already been mentioned but Obama raised 55 million dollars in February! _O_

Yep, I think it was discussed in the March 4th thread. Awesome news anyway, though!

Atomic

GAF Favorite Natalie Portman on Clinton and Obama:

When asked about the way Americans have responded to Hillary Clinton's campaign, Portman responded:

"A lot of the stuff people say about her, I hear it and my stomach falls because it's so sexist. You ask people why they don't like her and it's because her husband cheated on her! That was obviously not her choice. She's so much more polished and experienced than anyone else. Last night, a friend, a social worker in L.A. who works with underprivileged kids, was saying how these girls who have never been interested in politics before are so excited that a woman might be president. I mean, look how many women are in government…Hillary's one of, what, [a handful of] female senators?"

Portman continued:

"I also like Obama. I even like McCain. I disagree with his war stance—which is a really big deal—but I think he's a very moral person. I met him and Hillary on the same day, actually, when I went to Washington with Finca [a nonprofit that gives loans to businesswomen in developing countries]. Hillary was by far the smartest person I met that day. Just totally focused, and knew more about the issues than anyone else, and was so able to go from one thing to the other."

http://www.elle.com/coverstory/13727/natalie-portman-elle-april-2008.html

JayDubya

Banned
Atomic said:

When asked about the way Americans have responded to Hillary Clinton's campaign, Portman responded:

"A lot of the stuff people say about her, I hear it and my stomach falls because it's so sexist. You ask people why they don't like her and it's because her husband cheated on her! That was obviously not her choice.

Padme here doesn't quite get it.

masud

Banned
I don't really post in these threads much but I just have to say that Hillary basically saying McCain would make a better pres than Obama is disgusting. You should get thrown out of the Democratic party for that shit.

Don't know if anyone else heard this on NPR but as I was driving from work they said that Obama won the Caucus as a result giving him six more delegates than Clinton total in Texas.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I think what's even more disturbing about the Hillary Clinton NAFTA thing is that Phil Singer, by saying that Obama's campaign has lied about the truth with regards to his communications with them, has also accused the Canadian parliament of lying, as they have expressed the exact same sentiments as Obama, and have opened up an investigation on the matter.

In her quest to become President, Hillary's campaign has targeted her opponents, but, now, it is implicitly accusing the Canadian government, our neighbor and one of our closest allies, of lying.

I hope that the news stations point this out throughout North America, but I don't think there's really anything I can do to ensure that it is even looked at :/

Cheebs

Here is something to bide the time till PA I recommend everyone here to watch:

51QA4JC9H4L._SS500_.jpg

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Atomic said:

"A lot of the stuff people say about her, I hear it and my stomach falls because it's so sexist. You ask people why they don't like her and it's because her husband cheated on her! That was obviously not her choice. She's so much more polished and experienced than anyone else. Last night, a friend, a social worker in L.A. who works with underprivileged kids, was saying how these girls who have never been interested in politics before are so excited that a woman might be president. I mean, look how many women are in government…Hillary's one of, what, [a handful of] female senators?"

interesting. i wonder if she knows that there have been about 31 female senators throughout history... and only 3 black senators.. obama being the 3rd.

Tommie Hu$tle said:
Don't know if anyone else heard this on NPR but as I was driving from work they said that Obama won the Caucus as a result giving him six more delegates than Clinton total in Texas.
Sweet.

Particle Physicist

GaimeGuy said:
I think what's even more disturbing about the Hillary Clinton NAFTA thing is that Phil Singer, by saying that Obama's campaign has lied about the truth with regards to his communications with them, has also accused the Canadian parliament of lying, as they have expressed the exact same sentiments as Obama, and have opened up an investigation on the matter.

In her quest to become President, Hillary's campaign has targeted her opponents, but, now, it is implicitly accusing the Canadian government, our neighbor and one of our closest allies, of lying.

I hope that the news stations point this out throughout North America, but I don't think there's really anything I can do to ensure that it is even looked at :/

hillary has more experience with foreign relations.

APF

quadriplegicjon said:
interesting. i wonder if she knows that there have been about 31 female senators throughout history... and only 3 black senators.. obama being the 3rd.
I thought Obama fans didn't play the race card?

Anyway, I second Cheebs' movie. I also think you kids should watch Journeys with George.

Particle Physicist

APF said:
I thought Obama fans didn't play the race card?

we dont really. thats why you never see it mentioned. yet we always hear how women have it bad in american politics. i just wanted to point out the reality of the situation.

APF

quadriplegicjon said:
but i didnt play though.
You used race as a political tool; that's playing the card. Admit you did and move on.

Edit: here's the point; Hillary / her supporters make perfectly legit comments re: women in politics, and they're crucified for playing the gender card. Obama supporters either make this sort of snarky reply, or lament the fact that their candidate will be a martyr to the country's institutional racism, and to dare point-out the hypocrisy is to have a gaggle of rabid Obamanauts down your throat. If you want to play the card, play the card. As you said, you can make legitimate statements of fact by doing so. But don't feign innocence when it's pointed-out what you're doing.

Particle Physicist

APF said:
You used race as a political tool; that's playing the card. Admit you did and move on.

no i didnt. i never cried foul. i pointed out the reality of a situation, but i didnt say it was an excuse to support barrack. unlike the whole misogyny thing.

your little tricks are a bit rusty. there were no fallacies in my original post.

WTF!! SHE REALLY DID HAVE TEA AND COCK!?

How old is that woman lol she's old enough to be my mother. Rather inappropriate wouldn't you say :lol

APF

quadriplegicjon said:
no i didnt. i never cried foul. i pointed out the reality of a situation, but i didnt say it was an excuse to support barrack. unlike the whole misogyny thing.

your little tricks are a bit rusty. there were no fallacies in my original post.
Where did I say there was a fallacy in your post?

Using race as a political tool isn't just saying, "hey that video is desaturated to make him look blacker omg;" that's an example, I guess, of "crying foul." But look how you're moving the goalposts here: first it's, using it to gain support. Now it's just, crying foul. Please. Nothing wrong with playing the card if it's a legit point, but your emotional inability to admit you're doing so is what I find interesting here. Is it because to admit to using his race as a political instrument will undermine the transparent veneer that he's a post-racial candidate? Lets explore your emotional attachment to that concept.

Particle Physicist

APF said:
Where did I say there was a fallacy in your post?

Using race as a political tool isn't just saying, "hey that video is desaturated to make him look blacker omg;" that's an example, I guess, of "crying foul." But look how you're moving the goalposts here: first it's, using it to gain support. Now it's just, crying foul. Please. Nothing wrong with playing the card if it's a legit point, but your emotional inability to admit you're doing so is what I find interesting here. Is it because to admit to using his race as a political instrument will undermine the transparent veneer that he's a post-racial candidate? Lets explore your emotional attachment to that concept.

im not the one moving the goal posts. how about this. i never cried foul in an attempt to rally support.. does that work?

hillary has never had a legit point with playing the card. early on in this campaign she was the front runner.. you dont get to be a front runner if people are out to get you do to your gender. and she didnt seem to have any issues getting that senate position either. ive yet to see ads/e-mails or whisper campaigns that suggest she wouldnt be an effective leader cause she is a woman. just like i dont think race has been a factor in obama's successes or defeats.

it really irks me when people pull a ____ card in a situation that doesnt call for it. it lessens its effectiveness for when it is actually legit.

That guy on MSNBC is right though she really does seem to have this selfish it'll be me or no Democrat at all attitude about her and it should piss most Democrats off that she is willing to go that far, but alas what does it matter.

Obama will defeat her and when he wins the nomination he'll be playing this song at his headquarters as a sign of his conquest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gISncGwy-r0&eurl

APF

quadriplegicjon said:
im not the one moving the goal posts. how about this. i never cried foul in an attempt to rally support.. does that work?
No, because she's accused of "playing the gender card" for situations which have nothing to do with crying foul in an attempt to rally support.

quadriplegicjon said:
hillary has never had a legit point with playing the card.
Give me a specific example.

quadriplegicjon said:
you dont get to be a front runner if people are out to get you do to your gender.
Aah, so clearly no one can be the front-runner if people are out to get you due to your race either. Noted.

quadriplegicjon said:
ive yet to see ads/e-mails or whisper campaigns that suggest she wouldnt be an effective leader cause she is a woman.
I've seen those very accusations in this very forum, mostly after she's accused of "playing the gender card."

quadriplegicjon said:
just like i dont think race has been a factor in obama's successes or defeats.
Can Hillary be expected to pull support equally well from African Americans as Obama?

APF are you suggesting that Hilary has NOT been playing the innocent woman victim being bullied by the big bad men card?

She has been playing the gender card nonstop everyone knows it. She doesn't hide it very well.

Especially due to the fact that she didn't immediately squash the mere thought when elen degebah can't spell her last name suggested that if Hilary thinks she's being treated unfairly because she's a woman. She was like "Well...." Purposely to get a reaction out of the crowd as if to suggest that IS what she thinks, but she'll let the people be the ones to say it.

She is clearly playing the gender card and it is disgusting. The very fact that she would even attempt to suggest that it is harder for a white multi-millionaire woman to become President than it is for an African American man is in itself simply laughable. She has been playing the gender card left and right.

Saying crap like help elect the first woman president and all this crap. Obama isn't going around saying crap like help elect the first Black President. Hilary SHOULD be ashamed for setting women back many years. That innocent she's the victim bullshit can only fly for so long.

Can Hillary be expected to pull support equally well from African Americans as Obama?

And whose fault is that? Hilary and Bill Clinton's fault. Hilary's Martin Luther King statement was downright idiotic for someone of her political experience and intelligence. I know she didn't mean it that way (at least I hope she didn't) and I know others realize she didn't mean it that way, but the way she worded her statement directly undermined martin luther king's role in the civil rights movement. She claimed it was due to a strong president and none of it would've been possible without a strong president. That strong president probably wouldn't have done a damn thing about it if people like Martin Luther King weren't putting their lives on the line as much as they did to speak out against it.

She was also wrongfully and attacking Obama and accusing him of playing the race card, which he absolutely did not. There is nothing African Americans hate more than someone who plays the race card so they take it VERY serious when an african american is accused of doing such a thing because it is seen as despicable. She made an idiotic statement about Martin Luther King. Reporters naturally asked obama what he thought of it and he only said "He found the statement to be unfortunate" and walked off. Her and her husband attempted to accuse him of injecting race into the campaign when he did nothing of the sort.

She ran a radio ad attempting to suggest that Obama being an African American man supported Ronald Reagan's policies that weren't at all a good thing for the African American community in a heavily black state.

She lost her support among the african american community of her own doing. It was due to nothing that Obama did, it isn't merely because Obama is black so black people are voting for him. The Clintons took very serious risks with how much pride african americans would have in seeing a black candidate do as well as he was doing. At the time maybe people thought he stands no chance in hell, but we are proud to see how he's doing. She crossed the line and the african american community being disgusted with her tactics went to support him in droves. It is no different than if a strong jewish candidate gets attacked in an unfair manner and suddenly jewish americans begin rallying behind him. So saying she can't expect the same support from african americans now can't be used as any type of excuse when it was her fault. Prior to her stupid mistakes in South Carolina she held a commanding blowout lead with the African American community when going up against Obama. He stood no chance against her. She went too far in South Carolina and paid for it.

APF

John McCain:

“But until that day came I would not in any way, as Senator Obama wants to do, legitimize an individual who has been responsible for education, repression, political prisons and a gulag,’’ he said. “I don’t think that it would be appropriate to legitimize someone like Raul Castro by quote, sitting down with him. And under no circumstance would I do it.’"

uhh...

edit: "I don’t think they’re picking on me because I’m a woman; I think they’re picking on me because I’m winning!"

Particle Physicist

APF said:
No, because she's accused of "playing the gender card" for situations which have nothing to do with crying foul in an attempt to rally support.

hillary? what i meant with that post was that Natalie Portman was falling for hillary's bullshit. not that Natalie was using the gender card.

APF said:
Give me a specific example.

a specific example of her gender not being an issue? she just won texas and ohio primaries.

can you give me a specific example of a legit situation where hillary was discriminated against due to her gender?

APF said:
Aah, so clearly no one can be the front-runner if people are out to get you due to your race either. Noted.

obviously there will be small factions that are racists or misogynist, but they clearly have little to no real influence if the candidates are garnering huge support like both hillary and obama have.

APF said:
I've seen those very accusations in this very forum, mostly after she's accused of "playing the gender card."

posts in neogaf = people associated with obama's campaign ? hillary is using misogyny as a bullet point for her campaign

APF said:

she actually had higher support earlier in this campaign. she screwed that up. obama has never said that black people should vote for him because he is black. hillary constantly says that woman should vote for her because she is a woman.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
quadriplegicjon said:
obama has never said that black people should vote for him because he is black. hillary constantly says that woman should vote for her because she is a woman.

Very true. She insinuates the 'I'm being victimized because I'm a woman, please have sympathy for me' card ad nauseum. It's not extremely explicit, but it sure as hell isn't subtle either. You're lying to yourself if you think she doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom