• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT Prologue for PSN Store not delayed until the 29th - Yurop. It's up!

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Regarding the PSN Store release of GTP I've just read this post over on the offical EU Playatation forums

http://community.eu.playstation.com/showthread.php?t=238897

"I phoned SCEE abut GT5P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not good, the women wasn't particularly helping in terms of why the game was delayed on PSN however she did speak to her manager who said that there should be an OFFICIAL announcement on the forums/SCEE website today. However she said that it will likely appear on the store as a seperate update tomorrow (Saturday 29th) at the earliest.

Sorry for the bad news just thought I would let people know, i'm assuming this is correct information as it came from a manager however with SCEE you never know...the manager may well be a Vietnamese monkey in clown shoes and a large cigar, so don't take it as gospel. Off to Blockbuster I shall go

F.E."

I know it's not much too go on but it's all we have atm.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Jesus just rip the damn Blu-Ray and put it up. :/

How can they fuck up so badly with such a huge franchise is beyond me. I do really wonder about the reasons behind all this.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Fucking hell

I emailed Sony Support in Oz and they said GT5:p should be up in the next 24 hours. That was about 3 hours ago.

What a bunch of fucking clowns.

nofi

*hugs Blu-Ray version*

Seriously though, this is pretty shitty. We need an official statement on this.

Raist

Banned
nofi said:
*hugs Blu-Ray version*

Seriously though, this is pretty shitty. We need an official statement on this.

Official : file is too big, we had some problems lulz we're sorry
Officious : just buy the BR version, we don't want you to share this. And Chart Track doesn't count DLs so that sucks. kthxbye

Ceb

TTP said:
Jesus just rip the damn Blu-Ray and put it up. :/

How can they fuck up so badly with such a huge franchise is beyond me. I do really wonder about the reasons behind all this.

I really hope it's not due to retailer pressure, but I could easily see that being the situation.

Welcome to "timed exclusives" for gaming stores.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Ceb said:
I really hope it's not due to retailer pressure, but I could easily see that being the situation.

Welcome to "timed exclusives" for gaming stores.

It's gonna be fun when Wipeout HD and SOCOM: Confrontation come out. Not as big as GT5P, but still...

I sure wont be checking the Store in anticipation.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was retail related.

It's one of Sony's biggest releases thusfar, and I think they (as much as retail) would like to see that reflected in stores. Retail is still really facking important :p

A small PSN delay will get more people (like me) into stores today buying it who mightn't have otherwise.

Steroyd

the manager may well be a Vietnamese monkey in clown shoes and a large cigar

The manager IS a Vietnamese monkey prostitute in clown shoes and a large cigar with a square ass.

It's the only explanation on how they could fuck up their biggest franchise.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
nofi said:
They won't have Blu-ray versions though, will they?

Dunno about Wipeout HD (I guess it will), but SOCOM: Confrontation is CONFIRMED to come out on Blu-Ray as well.

Read Luisi's post on the SCEA Blog.

I'll quote him:

I’m happy to announce that SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation will be hitting store shelves and the PLAYSTATION Store on September 16th, 2008. You’ll be able to download it from your couch or pick up a copy at your favorite brick-and-mortar and get to business.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Steroyd said:
The manager IS a Vietnamese monkey prostitute in clown shoes and a large cigar with a square ass.

It's the only explanation on how they could fuck up their biggest franchise.

Please. Don't insult Vietnamese monkey prostitutes in clown shoes and large cigars with square asses.

Steroyd

TTP said:
DONT SURRENDER TO THOSE BITCHES!

Too late I have my Blu-ray GT5P in my lap right now. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

topten2_borg4d.jpg

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

f@luS

More than a member.
fuck that shit. My friend already gave me his 20€ for the game sharing (if it works at least ). Cant buy the BR

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Steroyd said:
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Luckly I'm so lazy it's easier for me to resist.

And the store is like at 10 mins walk from my house, with the manager being close friend and all.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Blu-ray version FTW anyway. I'm more bitter about the delayed shipments to Play resulting in me not getting my copy in time for the weekend.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Kinan said:
Actually "fixing" game sharing in warhawk style could be a real reason for the delay.

Sure, cos they didnt have enough time to do that since the JPN release...

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like I owe an apology to a friend that works at a game store, here's an approximation of my conversation with him on Wednesday:

Me: "You going to let me have GT5P a few days early?"
Him: "Haha, as always, No."
Me: "Bleh, I'll get it on Thursday on PSN then, take that!"
Him: "No you won't ..."
Me: "Huh?"
Him: "It won't be on PSN on Thursday."
Me: "Explain that?"
Him: "I can't, but it won't be on PSN on Thursday."

Looks like he was right.

Goldrusher

Retail pressure or not... I'm not paying for an out-of-date Blu-ray that installs everything, even videos on your hard drive, yet needs the disc at all times.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Vennt said:
Looks like I owe an apology to a friend that works at a game store, here's an approximation of my conversation with him on Wednesday:

Looks like he was right.

Retail pressure it is.

Could have given us a heads up Sony ffs.

lowrider007

Just been in town and picked up my copy of GT5P, woo hooo, also I couldn't resist picking a copy of Everybody's Golf :D. (UK)

The mistake was putting the release date at the same time for both phisical and downloadable versions. The PSN game should have been uploaded a week after, from the beggining.

Else you piss off the retailers, and then you are forced to delay the game, and then the customers are angry.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I assume this is because they are putting up a newer bulid on the PSN that includes the updates you have to download and install if you have the Blu-Ray, if so then I think it is fair enough, people would complain if they had to download the game, install it, then immediately have to download an update and install that.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Bojanglez said:
I assume this is because they are putting up a newer bulid on the PSN that includes the updates you have to download and install if you have the Blu-Ray, if so then I think it is fair enough, people would complain if they had to download the game, install it, then immediately have to download an update and install that.

It wouldn't have taken two days to do that though......

lowrider007

Bojanglez said:

Thats not really the issue though is it, end of the day they should at least update the community on whats going on, it's not hard is it, company's get allot more respect by doing that.

Tntnnbltn

Dizzan said:
It wouldn't have taken two days to do that though......
It might if the new version has to re-undergo certification.

Still doesn't explain why they are withholding the rest of the update content though (nothing does). Why would they release a new GT5:p trailer onto the stores on Thursday, but withhold the rest of the content?

Dizzan

MINI Member
Tntnnbltn said:
It might if the new version has to re-undergo certification.

Still doesn't explain why they are withholding the rest of the update content though (nothing does). Why would they release a new GT5:p trailer onto the stores on Thursday, but withhold the rest of the content?

I didn't make that clear. I meant it wouldn't take two days to download the "old" version, then download a patch.

Dizzan

MINI Member
My email conversation with Three Speech:

Me said:
When are the PAL stores going to be updated?

I took the day off work in anticipation of GT5p release on PSN on the 27th, as stated in the SCEE press release.

It's still not up?

Thanks

and the reply from Three Speech

ThreeSpeech said:
I honestly don’t know what is happening here but as soon as I do know we will tell everyone on the site. There is obviously a rather large technical difficulty but right now I know as much as you do.

I am sorry you took the day off work though and the game was unavailable.

Hold tight for some news,

Paul
TS

Surfheart

I got the blu-ray last night (along with Everbody's Golf!) but wow pretty bad form by SCEE even by their already low standards.

Goldrusher said:
Retail pressure or not... I'm not paying for an out-of-date Blu-ray that installs everything, even videos on your hard drive, yet needs the disc at all times.

Sorry I'm sure this has been explained previously, but why does the disc version take 6GBs of HDD space and is it possible to reclaim some?
I deleted the opening movie from GT-TV and it saved me bugger all space, so I chose to dload it again, thinking it would just copy it from the blu-ray but it's downloading it from the net... crap.

Vennt said:

Looks like he was right.
so the fix is in, confirmed!

looks like the #1 reason full DD won't take off anytime soon could be ... retailers!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
http://uk.playstation.com/games-med...l/item98791/Let-PSN-drive-away-your-troubles/

One of the most realistic driving simulators has finally arrived - exclusive to PLAYSTATION 3. Fancy a spin on Gran Turismo 5 Prologue and other treats? Take a trip to PLAYSTATION Store (PS3)...

The range of entertainment on PLAYSTATION Store (PS3) keeps growing every week, which means even more ways for you to enjoy PLAYSTATION 3 and everything it can offer. Check out some of the most recent examples of why you should sign in and get a piece of the PSN action.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

The GT series has arrived on PLAYSTATION 3 in the form of the breathtaking Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - the next generation driving experience you've been waiting for, and it's yours to purchase and download from PLAYSTATION Store (PS3).

For the first time, this is your opportunity to compete online against other GT fans in races for up to 16 players. Over 60 dream cars - including the Nissan GT-R, Ferrari F430 and Aston Martin DB9 - are waiting to be put through their paces on six tracks from around the world. Prepare to experience ultra-realistic racing, with High Definition graphics, enhanced driving physics and improved computer-controlled opponents. Then take a break from the circuit to enjoy Gran Turismo TV, a dedicated online channel packed with motor sport news and content.

Both the full game and the TV ad trailer are available to download, so strap in for the ride of a lifetime. Welcome to the new standard in racing...

UEFA Euro 2008 demo

The players are warming up and getting ready for Europe's biggest football tournament, and now you can take to the pitch with this demo of the only official game of the UEFA European Championships 2008. In Electronic Arts' UEFA EURO 2008 you can find out what it's like to take on Europe's best players and experience all the style, flair and attitude of street football like never before. Can you take your team to championship glory?

The Eye of Judgment: Biolith Rebellion Set 2

Fans of the innovative and hugely successful card based strategy game, The Eye of Judgment, can now take the competition to the next level with a new expansion pack: Biolith Rebellion Set 2. Featuring an original set of 100 cards complete with new creatures, attacks, spells and strategies, this pack is bound to leave a magical impression on your game, on and offline.

You can also download the trailer and see for yourself what Biolith Rebellion Set 2 brings to the table for The Eye of Judgment, which takes advantage of the next generation PLAYSTATION Eye camera and PS3, bringing the fantasy trading cards to life for battle in full 3D.

Unreal Tournament 3 mission packs

Download the first official bonus pack for Unreal Tournament 3 and expand your game with three new maps that cover the full spectrum of environments and play styles. Players can visit an orbiting space station, a remote mountain temple, or infiltrate an alien island thanks to maps such as Morbias and Searchlight, the latter of which is designed for both z-axis rooftop runs and strategic indoor gameplay. Returning classics and fresh new designs let you experience Unreal gaming like never before.

Everybody's Golf: World Tour trailer

Easy to play, tough to master and crammed with fantastic multiplayer features, Everybody's Golf: World Tour is the perfect way to enjoy a round, alone or with your friends - and now you can check out all the fun of the fairway in this new trailer which gives you a glimpse of the great golfing action waiting to be discovered on the World Tour circuit.

Hit the link and read the title. A funny one.

Top Bottom