• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT Prologue for PSN Store not delayed until the 29th - Yurop. It's up!

a hit at retail would be a good thing for Sony. help them maintain or increase shelf space, etc. PSN sales are good, but PSN products don't drive hardware like shelf space and standees and all that.

all i'm saying is that a big hit at retail isn't just going to be good for retail, but good for Sony too.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
plagiarize said:
a hit at retail would be a good thing for Sony. help them maintain or increase shelf space, etc. PSN sales are good, but PSN products don't drive hardware like shelf space and standees and all that.

all i'm saying is that a big hit at retail isn't just going to be good for retail, but good for Sony too.

Look, I wouldnt mind if Sony released GT5P at retail now and the PSN version 20 years later at 10 times the price. It's ok. You decide.

But if you tell me it's coming out on the PS Store on the 27th, and it doesn't, and you don't even explain why, then you can seriously fuck off with passion.

f@luS

More than a member.
Ok GT5P is finally up.

Downloading in few minutes (need to pay for it 1st)

hope the download will be fast.

*then i wake up. Fuck

Goldrusher

sinnergy said:
Does the BD version and the DLC version cost the same?

Both have a suggested price of €39,99, however...

Blu-ray:
- most stores sell it for 35 or less, Play.com for example for 28 something
- exclusive documentary about the history of the GT series
- 6GB of game and videos on disc
- installs everything on HDD, but
- disc required to play

PSN:
- 2GB download & install
- no disc required to play
- shareable on up to 5 systems

sinnergy

Goldrusher said:

Blu-ray:
- disc required to play

PSN:
- 2GB download & install

Okay thanks. I wished the PSN version was a bit cheaper, I mean they don't need to print discs nor packaging..

Maybe I will be getting the BD version if I can find it cheap. 40 Euro for a demo (well is it has a little more than a demo) I would have gotten it if it was 25 - 30, without thinking.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Hmm. From the community forums:

Lestrade said:
Hi all,

We'd like to apologise for the lack of a PS Store refresh yesterday. Unfortunately we experienced some last minute technical difficulties and were unable to publish the new content as planned. We are working hard to resolve these issues and content will be refreshed as soon as possible.

Lestrade

Dizzan

MINI Member
Follow up emails with Three Speech

Me said:
Thanks for the reply. Just a heads up that a lot of people are pissed off as you can probably see by the comments on your blog.

Dan

ThreeSpeech said:
Um yeah – I kind of see that. Have been chasing for a statement. Lets see what comes back...

Fingers crossed this gets sorted.

My email was pretty pointless. Ah well at least somebody is trying to clarify this shit.

Goldrusher said:

Blu-ray:
- disc required to play

PSN:
- 2GB download & install

:O

I have High Stakes Poker, CAC, Warhawk, MK2(...yeah), High Velocity Bowling, Super Stardust. You can have them all for GT: Prologue, preeaaazzzeee

Dibbz

Seriously this is bullshit Sony. At least tell us what the hell is going on! SCEE are bloody assholes. Why are they so retarded?? Arghghgh

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
This only further fuels my belief that SCEE is run by (1) crippled monkey.

theycantallbewinners.jpg

In other news, I just now realized I can't draw monkeys.

womfalcs3

Banned
Sorry, but the complaining here is ridiculous.

Did you know why it was delayed before you started complaining? I can't remember how many deadlines I have missed (were promised) getting prototypes built of my designs.

As the quoted PS forums post above indicates, they probably did run into last minute technical problems. Whatever they are.

Withhold all nagging until the reason for the delay is known to be BS. It's not a long delay.

Dibbz

According to Lestrade over at the Official PS3 forums they are having technical difficulties. :mad:

Hi all,

We'd like to apologise for the lack of a PS Store refresh yesterday. Unfortunately we experienced some last minute technical difficulties and were unable to publish the new content as planned. We are working hard to resolve these issues and content will be refreshed as soon as possible.

Lestrade

http://community.eu.playstation.com/showpost.php?p=4153000&postcount=122

EDIT:- Ahh damn, just saw iapetus' post :/

TTP said:
Look, I wouldnt mind if Sony released GT5P at retail now and the PSN version 20 years later at 10 times the price. It's ok. You decide.

But if you tell me it's coming out on the PS Store on the 27th, and it doesn't, and you don't even explain why, then you can seriously fuck off with passion.
fair point.

jmd494

Maybe retailers sent hired goons to SCEE's offices and told them to delay the PSN release for a few days so they could have a head start.

Maybe Sony wants a retail blockbuster because so many fans care about NPD'S.

Maybe it's just technical difficulties...but they should have addressed it by 7:00ish last night.

ram

169gbo4.png

pure gold

even if there is some retailer uproar, scee should and could put the rest (uefa euro 2008 demo...) online.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
iapetus said:
Hmm. From the community forums:

It must have been a problem with the Euro PSN network AI system: after weeks upon weeks of mostly shitty weekly updates (as far as amount of content provided is concerned) it would not believe that so many MB of worthwhile content were being uploaded for a single week PSN update and was throwing up errors left and right...

It is a possible explanation IMHO :p.

Wollan

There is no Documentary (climaxing the apex or whatever) with the EU version of GT5P (Blu-ray).
Hopefully they will put it up on GTTV when the US version releases.

I gave in and bought a BR copy at lunchtime, seemed like it'd be the quicker (and cheaper) option now.

For you guys in the UK Gamestation have it for £19.99 and Game have it for £24.99

I asked the guy in Game if he would price match Gamestation and he said they don't price match games any more, I told him to fuck off then and walked next door (yes, its next door) and got a copy a fiver cheaper.

jonnyp

Wollan said:
There is no Documentary (climaxing the apex or whatever) with the EU version of GT5P (Blu-ray).

There isn't? Why the hell not? Sony, the masters of shooting themselves in the foot...

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Wollan said:

Yeah. If they put it up NOW we will probably get to see it by the time GT5 is released.

tanod

when is my burrito
TTP said:
Guess the monkey was told GT5P is out in the stores.

:lol

:(

Though I'm not European, this seriously pisses me off to see SCEE shitting on their customers. It smacks of the laziness, aroogance and complacency we saw out of SCE in general and SCEA in particular in the 6 months before and after the launch of the PS3.

:mad:

Top Bottom