• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hajime no Ippo series announced, January '09

Status
Not open for further replies.
The HNI anime is coming back

http://imepita.jp/20080914/517260

That says in January 2009. My bro say he saw rumors on 2ch about it being 90 episodes. The 70 something plus OAV and movie got them to volume 35 last time. So another 90 episodes will only go as far as volumes 70 or so. Which, if I recall, is around the Sawamura/Mashiba fight.

GekigangerV said:

That says in January 2009. My bro say he saw rumors on 2ch about it being 90 episodes. The 70 something plus OAV and movie got them to volume 35 last time. So another 90 episodes will only go as far as volumes 70 or so. Which, if I recall, is around the Sawamura/Mashiba fight.

2r20jtu.jpg

OMIGOAAD!!!!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
FUUUUCK YEEEEEES!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

PLEASE BE FUCKING TRUE!!!

I want the same VA's, same animation team and same music guy please =P without them it wouldn't be the same. Oh be true please... I was up to Chapter 600 so far on the manga, I can stop and wait for this to come :D

Holtz

GekigangerV said:

This better be true.

smurfx

get some go again
GekigangerV said:

oh god yes please!!!!!!!!!11 i'm dying to see that scene where aoki is at the beach having sex with his girlfriend and takamura ends up feeling her up. :lol

smurfx said:
oh god yes please!!!!!!!!!11 i'm dying to see that scene where aoki is at the beach having sex with his girlfriend and kimura ends up feeling her up. :lol
wait wasn't it Takamura who did that?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Oh god. Yes.

Some people speculate it will start with the Hammer Nao (gerosen) fight. I hope they cover the Takamura title and the flashback arcs, though.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Well, that page says exactly that, New Ippo series to start in January. It definitely doesn't look faked.

The main fights I really want to see are
Takamura vs Eagle
and
Sawamura vs Mashiba
. I also can't wait to see some Itagaki action going on.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I just need confirmation from a source and more info. If this is true... my life will never be the same :lol

Takamura vs. Eagle? FUCK YEAH!
The Sawamura fights?
Balf-michi's return?
The funny antics of Ippo and Kumi?
Eiji vs. Ricardo Martinez

I really hope they keep the same animation style, it looked awesome. The music wasn't my cup of tea at first but I came to love it... and Inner Light is just awesome. I am kinda sad I read the manga though, I wanted to see everything animated... but w/e, I stopped reading for now. Let's see how far the anime goes.

syllogism

There's certainly more than enough material as long as you don't expect a conclusion or even
Ippo vs Miyata
. I suppose by the time anime catches up, things might be different.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Still need to go back and watch this series. I read the manga up to vol 40 I think and just got a bit tired of the formula.. but I will always love Takamura.

Fucking pleeeeeeasssse happen. Finished the entire anime a couple of months ago and looked into a few chapters of the manga but found it didn't hold the same magic.

I'd love another round of episodes.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
its seems its finally time for to see the fucking beatdown takamura's going to give hawk animated.and all i can say is bout damn time...

Aeris130

Noooooo...

I never should've lost faith and read the manga. I just hate anime adaption when I already know the story...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom