• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hajime no Ippo series announced, January '09

Status
Not open for further replies.
lordmrw said:
Nice, it looks like they'll be using the same animation style. I like that, keeping it consistent.

Yep, I just hope they keep the same voice actors. I heard that Takamura's was different in the Wii game.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
GekigangerV said:
Yep, I just hope they keep the same voice actors. I heard that Takamura's was different in the Wii game.

Shit please no. Takamura's VA was fucking perfect

Oh fuck yes bitches day 1. oh god watching this thing as it airs is gonna be fucking nuts... the pain of waiting for each ep. the epic fighting action ;.; now im gonna have to rewatch ippo tv before january! rolling go!

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Mmmm, both the Director and Sound Director are not revising their roles.

I am beginning to worry.

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
I just go done watching this show about a week ago, really looking forward to more material.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Mistouze said:
Do you have any info on the new guys' track record?

The director did "Saiunkoku Monogatari" Which was an NHK anime that one of my friends really liked, but I haven't gotten around to watch yet.

The sound director's most famous work appears to be from the Death Note anime. He also works on Ali Project stuff.

In less than two weeks we will be basking in the greatness of Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger. There have been a few new things announced in the last month.

http://www.ntv.co.jp/ippo/index.html

official site is renewed, but there isn't much there. The voice actors are the same though, which is of course good news.

Apparently "Hekireki" by Last Alliance will be the intro song and "8AM" by Cold Rain will be the ending theme.

This is Last Alliance's myspace http://www.myspace.com/lastalliance but it doesn't have "Hekireki" I hope it gets me pumped like "Under Star" did.

The first four episode titles have been revealed
http://www.nitteleplus.com/program/anime/ippo_newchallenger.html

1.新たなる一歩 (A new step)
2.Bloody cross
3.約束の場所へ (To the promised place)
4.魂のJolt (JOLT from the soul)

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
kermitwank.gif

OOOOOH YEEEAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Count me in on this awesomeness as well.

The only bad part is that I know what's going to happen due to reading the manga.

Looking forward to Aoki's title fight the most though

Amir0x

Banned
One of the only anime I am actively anticipating. I worry too it will be a faint glimmer of the original, though. :(

Please be wrong!

Souther

Banned
Yeah Hajime no Ippo is definitely one of the best series ever. I have Champions road on my PS3. I can't get enough of the fight at the beginning of the ova. When the music kicks in and Makunouchi starts the Dempsy Roll vs Sendo. So awesome..

I never bothered to check but is the VA of Makunouchi the same as Rock Lee in Naruto?

Koshiba

Guybrush Threepwood said:
Am I doing it wrong by watching the dub of the original series?

I've seen it subbed and dubbed multiple times (<3 having the whole series on DVD) and I actually think the dub is pretty well done. My BF still has my DVDs though. :(

reddmyst

I read the manga years ago and I was hooked, then i turned to the anime...saw it subbed before it came to the US...now i own it, and I'm about 2 discs from being done w/the tv series...

So i can't wait for this one : )

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
HOLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY FUCKINNGGGGGGGGGGG SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT

I'm totally going through Hajime no Ippo again, in celebration

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
So many TV surprises. This one probably is my favorite. I just screamed watching that teaser. :D

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Mistouze said:
WHEN IS JAPAN TIME? PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME!!!!

1 HOUUUURRRR

Will be subbed in a day... please... please... please Japan gods.

BTW... I am gonna make an official thread as soon as the first episode is out :D

what channel does it air on in Japan?

wow, how did I get to watching a special on Major seson 5

wait, how did I get to watching One Outs?! I thought Ippo is supposed to air now

DAMNIT! WHERE IS IPPO! NOT GOLGO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom