• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Third Season of "Hajime no Ippo" Coming Fall 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

couldnt remember where i was in vol 1 so i finished New Challenger then went backwards, up to ep 28 (rookie tournament finale) right now...so good

we don't have a specific date yet right? waiting to see when Ippo evolves another move or redoes the Dempsey before it gets exposed....

edit also the only bad thing about volume 1 is the intro/ending songs, man NC improved on that thankfully

Oh shit! I think this was the last anime I ever watched. Either this or TTGL — it was 2006/7. Anyway, I really liked this show because I was practicing Muay Thai/boxing at the time so it was extra awesome having a little boxing knowledge going in. My body is ready to jump back into some anime if its Ippo!

So some news has been popping up over the last few days my brother posted this stuff over at a Hajime no Ippo forum earlier

Voice actor stuff

New Kamogawa is Shozo Iizuka (Ryu Jose of the original Gundam)

And Miki Shinichiro is going to play Sawamura. He is famous for playing Takumi from Initial D

Egawa Shisao is going to play Shimabukuro. He played Maki in Slam Dunk.

Sakaguchi Shuhei will play Imae. He plays someone in Naruto I don't know.

Kiuchi Hidenobu will play Eagle. He played Hojo in Initial D 5th Stage.

As far as story spoilers may be concerned, a certain story arc was confirmed to be animated as a TV special.

Anderson vs Kamogawa

woober

http://www.ntv.co.jp/ippo/

http://randomc.net/2013/09/18/fall-2013-preview/#hajimeippo

Premiere: October 5, 2013
Episodes: 25

tumblr_mhwciuvZoF1rjqzc1o1_400.gif

ЯAW

Banned
Maybe I should do a rewatch, great show. How many episodes this season is going to be? I hope it's not another stump season like season 2.

Oh man, Nostalgia! I remember this manga being one of the thing making me start boxing! Flash Forward to now, 10 years later, and I'm still boxing. Love it, and will always do. Can't wait for the 3rd season.

I'm REAAAALLY hoping also that a video game developper sees this as a opportunity to make another Hajime No Ippo game. I'd be simply ecstatic for a another game. But don't give me that WII crap, gimme some of that goold old ps2 stuff that was already made, but better!

Suxks that the anime market crashed and that there is nowhere to watch New Challenger or get licensed. Why does everything have to be so hard?

fertygo

Suxks that the anime market crashed and that there is nowhere to watch New Challenger or get licensed. Why does everything have to be so hard?

Its way easier to watch anime nowadays than years ago thanks to various legal streaming site, (I'm assuming you're from america) chill out. Usually streaming announcement released just a bit before airing date, I'm quite confident somone will get this.

sikma42

Banned
Its way easier to watch anime nowadays than years ago thanks to various legal streaming site, (I'm assuming you're from america) chill out. Usually streaming announcement released just a bit before airing date, I'm quite confident somone will get this.

Any updates? Really want to watch this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom