• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Haikyuu!! Third Season |OT| Karasuno vs Shiratorizawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFlow

Banned
I'm probably gonna pick up the manga, but I think I'll just start it from the beginning first.
The manga for English release is actually still in the first season. That is the best way to compare to it to the anime. It will definitely be caught up by season 4.

Love the manga

T1184

Neo Member
I am actually depressed that this is ending this week.

Maybe this will boost your spirit a tiny bit. xD Not sure if someone shared this before

28c3d59dae.jpg

Mortemis

Banned
The manga for English release is actually still in the first season. That is the best way to compare to it to the anime. It will definitely be caught up by season 4.

Love the manga

Damn, that sucks. I'll try to pick up whatever's available.

Wish English jump would pick it up for their weekly releases.

TheFlow

Banned
Damn, that sucks. I'll try to pick up whatever's available.

Wish English jump would pick it up for their weekly releases.
Wait it's not on the weekly releases? I am taking shot that 99 cents one that releases online every week?

That is crazy if true. It is one of the higher selling series

mdubs

Banned
Wait it's not on the weekly releases? I am taking shot that 99 cents one that releases online every week?

That is crazy if true. It is one of the higher selling series

Sports series don't tend to sell well here. However, they are catching up at light speed with monthly volume releases. Definitely encourage anyone here to make sure you pick up the English manga releases, Haikyu needs the support.

You can also read the manga here, they are putting up free chapters until they catch up to the simulpub.

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters/haikyu

It isn't, and yeah it's crazy. They need to add it like yesterday.

I dont think it would have made sense, theyd have to had summarize the entire 200 or so chapters to catch people up (or 190 or so at time they announced Haikyuu manga license). Maybe add it once they actually get within a reasonable catch up space (to do like two or so chapters a week).

Mortemis

Banned
Sports series don't tend to sell well here. However, they are catching up at light speed with monthly volume releases. Definitely encourage anyone here to make sure you pick up the English manga releases, Haikyu needs the support.

You can also read the manga here, they are putting up free chapters until they catch up to the simulpub.

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters/haikyu

I dont think it would have made sense, theyd have to had summarize the entire 200 or so chapters to catch people up (or 190 or so at time they announced Haikyuu manga license). Maybe add it once they actually get within a reasonable catch up space (to do like two or so chapters a week).

oh well

hope it gets picked up soon anyways

T1184

Neo Member
If I recall, Eyeshield has an increase in Football and Slam Dunk/Kuroko had an increase in Basketball

It makes sense lol who here can honestly say that they wouldn't want to play some of these sports if they went to high school in Japan while stuff like haikyuu and kuroko are airing. I wanted to start biking after I watched yowamushi pedal xD

duckroll

Episodes 6-9

Decided to catch up on it today, and holy shit what a run. I really didn't think they could live up to the semi-finals showdown last season because they had pretty much no history with Shirotorizawa, but GODDAMN. It sure shows that it doesn't matter if you don't know your opponent before the match, you find out who they truly are on the court.

Seeing Tsukki step up and become the cornerstone of their defensive strategy is so fucking satisfying. The flashback to the third years joining the club for the first time was fantastic too. So emotional. T_T

Too bad it's all going to be over this week. :(

TheFlow

Banned
Watching Days after watching Haikyu is painfulllllllllllllll. Show is so bad while Haikyu!! is god-tier.

Watch Baby Steps if you need more sports in your life, also the goat
Yes this.

I have been saying in the anime thread that baby steps is where it is at.

Gvitor

Crunchyroll uploaded this without subs, but I read this shit so many times that I know by heart all the lines even with my basic japanese.

And it's fucking epic.

I'm not done with the episode and I'm already shivering here

CzQjZxGW8AEx4dO.jpg:large

Only scene I was waiting for. It was so good seeing TsukiHina crushed under Ushiwaka's pressure but then with the whole team backing them they were able to succeed, still, both have lots of room to grow.

--

I dont understand why they would end the season with Kags going off to camp.

Haikyu S3 10

What a finale! This was an amazing last epsiode. That last rally between the 2 teams was pure fantastic amazing marvellous HYPE! I was crying with everyone....it was amazing!

That tease at the end! I suppose season 4 is quite the long way out tho :( I want more!

T-Rex.

Banned
That was fucking amazing. I was kinda hoping they'd bring back the eyes closed quick for at least one point, but what we got was incredible anyway.

Also Daichi sliding into DMs with that charm as well, sly dog.

I'm really happy that they were able to do the third season. This whole time I was just remembering the bullshit endpoint Eyeshield 21 ended on. It ended with the semifinals and just never did the finals, which was my favorite arc in the entire series.

janoDX

So I went ahead on a task and watched all the episodes of Haikyuu in 3 weeks. And dammit it's so gooooooooood.

This third season... It might get into my Top 3 animes of the year and maybe taking the top spot. All of that depends on the last 2 episodes of certain series that became a phenom too...

TheFlow

Banned
CzQjZxGW8AEx4dO.jpg:large

Only scene I was waiting for. It was so good seeing TsukiHina crushed under Ushiwaka's pressure but then with the whole team backing them they were able to succeed, still, both have lots of room to grow.

--

I dont understand why they would end the season with Kags going off to camp.
Still one of my favorite panels in haikyu

Yonafunu

That was kind of a weird place to end the season, I thought they'd end on the Nekoma vs Fukurodani tease and leave the training camp stuff for next season.

xezuru

After the first season of Jojo years later I would've never thought my apathy towards sports anime would switch places with its greatness. NotLikeThis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom