• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Haikyuu!! Third Season |OT| Karasuno vs Shiratorizawa

Status
Not open for further replies.
aaaah.gif
aaaah.gif

LOOK UP DAMN IT

Mortemis

Banned
"look up dammit!" has me nearly crying. Ukai's voice will never feel right again. :(

Man this shit is so good. I've been feeling a little down on this season, but when it's crunch time nothing is better than Haikyuu. So damn hyped.

I just catched up like in 3 days with the anime, absolutely love this series. Characters are really interesting.

I fucking celebrated tsukishima's block, such hype.

Episode 9 – The Volleyball Idiots
Cysfz9mW8AUF0B3.jpg:small
CysgO7xW8AA8_io.jpg:small

Heh, guess I was right. Anyway, Tsukishima Hinata had the best moments this episode. Hinata was so excited and I love him getting in a few attacks, but best Karasuno, Tsukishima, with that move inspired from Hinata, that decoy slide hit, was phenomenal.

I just started the episode, but am I crazy or is the Karasuno coach's voice actor different?

Edit: Nevermind, just saw a few posts up. That's awful.

T-Rex.

Banned
Goddamn trolls. I'm too impatient to wait another week.

Hype episode though: Kageyama's dump, Tsukishima with the blocks and the decoy run, and Nishinoya with that mad double save.

Tobe

ukai coach voice :( goddamit its not bad but ugh its not the same feeling :(

great episode tho GET HYPE GUYS

xezuru

ukai coach voice :( goddamit its not bad but ugh its not the same feeling :(

great episode tho GET HYPE GUYS

Yeah it's not terrible but it's definitely way too soft in tone, original had a little bit of growl to tune in how coach was like 5% delinquent.

Puruzi

Banned
This was a really good episode.

Also, not sure if it's just me but something seemed different about the art and animation this episode. Not in a bad way though, just different.

This was a really good episode.

Also, not sure if it's just me but something seemed different about the art and animation this episode. Not in a bad way though, just different.

Moat of the short scenes of receiving, spiking, and were finally new and there were more of them instead if more static shots. The whole episode had an energy to it unlike previous ones imo

jbug617

Banned
Not a fan of the new VA for Ukai. They were probably under pressure to find someone but I just can't picture that voice for Ukai.

shira

Not a fan of the new VA for Ukai. They were probably under pressure to find someone but I just can't picture that voice for Ukai.

Could they switch it up so that Grandpa Ukai coaches in S4 or would that fuck up the story too much?

jbug617

Banned
Could they switch it up so that Grandpa Ukai coaches in S4 or would that fuck up the story too much?
Yeah that would mess up the story. Don't worry I don't think we will get a S4 anytime soon. Not enough material yet for it.

Is this the last game for the third years or if they win this they'd be able to continue playing?

The winner goes to represent Miyagi at the Nationals. 3rd years would able to keep on playing.

Makikou

Man the new VA for Ukai kinda pulls me out of it everytime I hear him.

I mean, all the respect for the man and it's great he was able to step in but it is just not the same. It lacks the intensity and the passion the old VA had. RIP.

Otherwise great episode.

Mortemis

Banned
this episode was way too fucking much. went bonkers when Noya did that double save, and lost my shit when Tsukki got the save and my fav track came on.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuck that cliffhanger tho

TheFlow

Banned
Episode #9

so fucking good. but yea I knew it wasn't going to end because there is one crucial scene that has to be made this match. You anime only people are going to be in shock next episode.

Also I didn't mind the new voice actor for the coach.

shira

this episode was way too fucking much. went bonkers when Noya did that double save, and lost my shit when Tsukki got the save and my fav track came on.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuck that cliffhanger tho

I prefer to believe that was a triple save

Wiseblade

Nishinoya carries the Team. Over half the starting roster have trash receives and Sawamura is in the front row half the time. If he wasn't there, Karasuno would struggle to get anywhere.

I think they have enough for season 4
There really isn't, unless you want a season even shorter than this one.

Dee Dee

I heard that Suga moght have to get a new VA too if they start work on a season 4 anytime soon. Apparently his VA is leaving Japan to study abroad?
Did anyone hear about this, or is it just fandom fears?
I would legit die if his VA changes - or if he's not in a season 4.

TheFlow

Banned
Nishinoya carries the Team. Over half the starting roster have trash receives and Sawamura is in the front row half the time. If he wasn't there, Karasuno would struggle to get anywhere.

There really isn't, unless you want a season even shorter than this one.
They clearly have enough for more than 10 episodes.

This match in the manga lasted for 40 chapters. 150-190. There are already more than 40 chapters post this match. I rather they wait till next fall to start a new season though. I don't want a rush animation

T1184

Neo Member
Daaang sad to hear that the VA passed away, I thought something sounded off, I had to pause it mid episode and check haha. Also I can't even begin to understand how they make this series so hype!! Like I legit feel waay more hype from this show than I do from most battle anime xD #Hypekyuu!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom