• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Third Season of "Hajime no Ippo" Coming Fall 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
MakunouchiDempseyRoll.gif

This year's 34th issue Kodansha's Weekly Shōnen Magazine is revealing on Wednesday that a third season of the television anime adaptation of George Morikawa's Hajime no Ippo (Fighting Spirit) manga has been green-lit. The anime is scheduled to begin airing this fall in Japan. The announcement image reads, “Ippo fights the formidable enemy, Sawamura! Dempsey breaks down!?”

Morikawa's long-running manga has spawned two television anime series, an OVA, and a TV special. Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger, the second season of the anime, aired in 2009. Geneon Entertainment (USA) released the first television series on DVD in North America. Kodansha is publishing the manga in Japan, and will release the 104th compiled volume next month.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-07-19/3rd-season-of-hajime-no-ippo-anime-green-lit

A few days old but I just heard about this. Didn't see a thread about it either.

Wooooooooooooo can't wait!

Torraz

Not sure why I'm even excited. Main crew always wins, at least when it counts, right?

Still, should be worth it if there are some third party fights, like that buddy of Ippo who got smashed by the world champion dude.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
I was just talking about this the other week with my brother wondering if there would be a new season soon or what. Great news. Looking forward to it.

schuey7

Yes !! I am so happy with this news.While the manga is great ,it goes by at such a slow rate and the previous anime were awesome. Really cannot wait.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
There is a GOD!

FUCK YES!!!

Now all we need is:

1) New Bleach season.
2) Fairy Tail new season.
3) Dragon Ball remake. Full series
4) Kenshin full-remake.

And I'll die happily.

kazebyaka

Banned
Not sure why I'm even excited. Main crew always wins, at least when it counts, right?

Still, should be worth it if there are some third party fights, like that buddy of Ippo who got smashed by the world champion dude.
Ippo lost just once, but everybody else lose all the time

There is a GOD!

FUCK YES!!!

Now all we need is:

1) New Bleach season.
2) Fairy Tail new season.
3) Dragon Ball remake. Full series
4) Kenshin full-remake.

And I'll die happily.

having seen the new OVA movies... you probably don't.

Others will come probably (well besides dbz which they just recently did dbkai. maybe in another decade when anime is truly out of ideas and things that sell). Bleach is on its final stretch, they probably just waiting for that to end.

Daingurse

Bout damn time, watched the Ippo anime and OVA's a few years ago. Good shit, I wanted more but there was no more to watch :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom