• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hajime no Ippo series announced, January '09

Status
Not open for further replies.
what the..?
so the anime is actually good?

I love the manga, but figured the animated series would never live up to it's awesomeness.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
InsertCredit said:
what the..?

I love the manga, but figured the animated series would never live up to it's awesomeness.
You're in for a treat then. :D

gdt

I've never read nor seen this show. Should I watch the anime then read the rest? Or start with the manga?

YEEEESSSS!!!!!

I just started rewatching the series last week, the only anime I've ever done that for.

This is by far the greatest anime related news ever!

Jirotrom

FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES!!!!!!!!! YES YES YES YES YES YES... BEST DAMN ANIME EVER RETURNS!!!!

Im crying tears of joy...

InsertCredit said:
what the..?

its exactly the same... probably the best manga to anime transition yet.

X26

Banned
Holy shit that's awesome. I loved the first series and the OVA's. Love the manga as well although I've stopped following it the last few months, will catch up soon though now that this news has come out.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I WANT TO DIVE LOST MIND!
I WANT TO DIVE LOST MIND!
WHY! WHY! WHY! WHY!
I WANT TO DIVE...FEELING OVER!

Best news of the day!

2lu5a8n.gif

Kreed

Jirotrom said:
its exactly the same... probably the best manga to anime transition yet.

So they didn't make up a random ending (ex: Claymore, Eyeshield 21, Gantz) or go in a completely different direction (ex: Full Metal Alchemist) after catching up to the manga?

I was tempted to watch the anime but once I heard that the anime ended I figured it suffered the same fate as these other series and decided to just stick to the manga.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Kreed said:
So they didn't make up a random ending (ex: Claymore, Eyeshield 21, Gantz) or go in a completely different direction (ex: Full Metal Alchemist) after catching up to the manga?

I was tempted to watch the anime but once I heard that the anime ended I figured it suffered the same fate as these other series and decided to just stick to the manga.

No! Everything is 100% cannon, no padded or filler shit here. Everything is just awesome... which makes for my favorite anime EVER. Watch it, you will love it. Just don't watch the awful dub >_<

Jirotrom

Kreed said:

no...I've read the manga... well the anime parts, and its pretty much exactly the same. I dont know of any other anime that does this.

Kreed said:

I don't think they ever actually caught up to the manga and they didn't do a cop out ending like Inuyasha. Only small things here and there were taken out(Aoki sparred with Ippo in blackface when he was about to fight Ozuma), but nothing that compromised the story of the manga.

If I could see more Berserk anime made then I would be a happy man. However, chances are we would see a lot of stuff cut like the first time and only another 15 volumes animated. Then we would have to wait another 10 years for there to be enough manga material to animate a season.

Jirotrom

GekigangerV said:
I don't think they ever actually caught up to the manga and they didn't do a cop out ending like Inuyasha. Only small things here and there were taken out(Aoki sparred with Ippo in blackface when he was about to fight Ozuma), but nothing that compromised the story of the manga.

If I could see more Berserk anime made then I would be a happy man. However, chances are we would see a lot of stuff cut like the first time and only another 15 volumes animated. Then we would have to wait another 10 years for there to be enough manga material to animate a season.
the beserk anime pissed me off to no end.

ezojdh.gif

This is seriously so awesome. Shows like Lucky Star, Code Geass, and Macross F all make sense now; gotta have balance in Anime to make room for this.

GONZO

I realize that i'm late to this but I would just like to add, FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Decado

This is great news...but I hope there is more variety in the fights. Seemed like the anime boiled down to Ippo getting his face smashed to a pulp in just about every fight before coming back to win. With the punishment he's taken the guy should be dead (or at least brain-dead).

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
How did I miss this?!

To the point:

*cough*

AAAAA FUCK YES, ALL OVER MY FACE AND CHEST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom