• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.

alba

Little is the new Big
kickass, both (pal one should use the old orange'ish sexy logo) which is exactly the same as US one except the us one is yellow :O

either way, everything about this game is godly.

TEH-CJ

Banned
I thought sony would atleast release a demo for a Christmas surprise >_>

why do i always get my hopes up to only have them shattered in the end :(

Damn I have been gone all day. So that silver case thing, is that the CE? or just really really pretty review copies.

Cool US boxart.

I like the EU boxart better I'll admit but either way its awesome. :D

Rikyfree

Ok, here's my idea for a KZ2 commercial. Have "Lonely Day" by System of a Down playing for the music to it. Have it start out with Sev waking up and getting ready to go down in the intruder, when the music gets heavier, have it be the part where the intruder goes into freefall and a landing. Then cut to the section of the lyrics saying "and if you go I wanna go with you" at that moment flash the part with Sev and Garza running away from the ATAC. Then at the "and if you die, I wanna die with you" grab a scene with some ISA biting the dust, maybe at the mini cutscene where it introduces the heavy soldier to you and from your POV he takes out a couple ISA right in front of you. Then fade to white, and have it go to Sev on the intruder in the part in Blood Meridian where the team is about to land and he is staring off into the distance. Then use the closing of the song, to finish out the commercial with the Killzone 2 logo in white, not black, but white, I think that would accentuate it more to catch the eye of the audience.. Just an idea I had.

Spoo

US cover >>> EU cover.

It's totally badass; exactly the kind of awesome that will catch consumer's eyes and be like 'fuckin buy me'.

Strike

Rikyfree said:
Ok, here's , my idea for a KZ2 commercial. Have "Lonely Day" by System of a Down playing for the music to it. Have it start out with Sev waking up and getting ready to go down in the intruder, when the music gets heavier, have it be the part where the intruder goes into freefall and a landing. Then cut to the section of the lyrics saying "and if you go I wanna go with you" at that moment flash the part with Sev and Garza running away from the ATAC. Then at the "and if you die, I wanna die with you" grab a scene with some ISA biting the dust, maybe at the mini cutscene where it introduces the heavy soldier to you and from your POV he takes out a couple ISA right in front of you. Then fade to white, and have it go to Sev on the intruder in the part in Blood Meridian where the team is about to land and he is staring off into the distance. Then use the closing of the song, to finish out the commercial with the Killzone 2 logo in white, not black, but white, I think that would accentuate it more to catch the eye of the audience.. Just an idea I had.

You know, at this point I think Sony needs to just air edited versions of the game's trailer for their tv spots. I still don't understand why they acutally manage to show so little of the actuall game in their commercials. They always consist of mainly CG or live-action footage that does very little to show what the actual game is about. I still cant belive how they fucked up the marketing for their fall line-up.

jstevenson said:
I have a review copy of kz2 sitting right here in front of me... and I'm 1500 miles from my PS3... FAIL.

lol at your avatar...go Celtics! Are you around MA? Maybe we can work something out, I have a PS3 + 52" 1080p + 6.1 LPCM... :D

Enojado

jstevenson said:
I have a review copy of kz2 sitting right here in front of me... and I'm 1500 miles from my PS3... FAIL.

Have it shipped to me and I'll play it and fill you in on all the goodness :D

Oh, Merry Christmas to you and all of Insomniac!!

Concept17

jstevenson said:

So ship it to me where I can play it for you? Its really the best for solution for all of us.

SSM25

jstevenson said:

Total Fail Dude...A little off topic but we have been playing R2 co-op in my house a lot this christmas. :D

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Justin Dailey said:
PTOM has the exclusive review? Don't they habitually underrate Sony's AAA games? :lol
I don't get this, do you want them to give every Sony game a perfect score? I think when an outlet gives their honest opinion on games, when they turn around and give something a 9 or a 10, you know it means something.

Alias03

Although I like the Killzone 2 NA cover I wish it's style was more like the other two Killzone covers. I liked how you could for surely tell it was Killzone, cause both cover art were in the same style. Not that you cant tell Killzone 2 is a part of the franchise but the cover is much more simpler than the previous 2 games.

918762_front.jpg
931635_73096_front.jpg

3133267773_1cc10316c6_b.jpg

Spoo

Alias03 said:
...but the cover is much more simpler than the previous 2 games.

Exactly. In some cases, beauty lies with simplicity, and this is one of those cases. It's not "busy", and it's *very* consistant with the Killzone "feel." But, most of all (and most importantly) it's --very-- eye-catching, because it's extremely pronounced. It's like, if you knew nothing about Killzone, you'd turn this box around to see what the fuck it is. It just stands out.

I do see what you mean about it not following the motif, but it's totally going to stand out, and we do want to see Guerilla's magnum opus stand out, don't we?

Justin Dailey said:
PTOM has the exclusive review? Don't they habitually underrate Sony's AAA games? :lol

That at least makes them somewhat trustworthy since you know they aren't going to hand out good reviews simply because it's a Sony game and they're the official magazine.

I like the European cover better. It's more subtle, and the Helghast looks more menacing.

In the NA cover, everything is much bolder, and I don't like the design of the Helghast as much as that in the EU cover (though the differences are minor :lol). Also, the bottom half of this cover is just blah.

Alias03

Spoo said:
I do see what you mean about it not following the motif, but it's totally going to stand out, and we do want to see Guerilla's magnum opus stand out, don't we?

Of course we (I) do and your right that will make people stop and take notice for sure. :D

Lets hope they put some of those best looking console game quotes on the cover. That ought to draw in some lurkers, the kinda people that judge games by the cover lol.

-viper-

Banned
nib95 said:
I think that's the whole point. To showcase the drab reality of war and to extenuate the reds from the Helghan eyes.
But it doesn't look anywhere near as eye catching as the US cover. The US K2 cover is one of the best I've seen in a long, long term. Simple, but awesome.

Thrakier

SSM25 said:
Oh yea, I remember them being a little over negative towards sony recently :lol

Motorstorm:pR = 6/10. That's not "a little negative", that's just total bullshit. They should go to evolution studiso and apologize for that. They propaply sold some games less because of this rating despite they did some excellent work.

Rolf NB

NameIess said:
Good question...
Just to be clear I would like to know if the game will automatically select 1080P or do you have to uncheck the 720P to get this result? Also, the Linear PCM sound support would be good to know.

*I already know the native res will not be 1920 X 1080 if we are lucky the true resolution may be slightly higher than 1280 X 720 and upscales to 1080P.*
If a game sticks with 720p on a system with both 720p and 1080p checked, that always is because 720p is the better choice.

NameIess

bcn-ron said:
If a game sticks with 720p on a system with both 720p and 1080p checked, that always is because 720p is the better choice.

Thanks captain obvious...
I'm hoping the game has a resolution better than native 720P, but I already know the game won't output at 1920 X 1080. It's just wishful thinking on my part the game may output at a res that looks really clean at 1080P i.e. GT5P (1280 X 1080). Honestly this is a trivial issue considering the amazing visuals. I'm really more concerned about the LPCM sound support...

NameIess said:
I'm hoping the game has a resolution better than native 720P, but I already know the game won't output at 1920 X 1080. It's just wishful thinking on my part the game may output at a res that looks really clean at 1080P i.e. GT5P (1280 X 1080). Honestly this is a trivial issue considering the amazing visuals. I'm really more concerned about the LPCM sound support...

Question, I currently have a 720p set but will likely have a 1080p one by the time I get KZ2. Does 720p look bad on a 1080p set? less crisp then if you were on a 720p set?

NameIess said:
I'm hoping the game has a resolution better than native 720P,

Why, exactly?

NameIess said:
but I already know the game won't output at 1920 X 1080. It's just wishful thinking on my part the game may output at a res that looks really clean at 1080P i.e. GT5P (1280 X 1080). Honestly this is a trivial issue considering the amazing visuals. I'm really more concerned about the LPCM sound support...

This. It either looks good or it doesn't. It looks good, so who cares what the pixel count is? 720p is fine these days, and it's better than many of the most successful FPS franchises out there on consoles.

NameIess

MvmntInGrn said:
Question, I currently have a 720p set but will likely have a 1080p one by the time I get KZ2. Does 720p look bad on a 1080p set? less crisp then if you were on a 720p set?

I'm no AV expert, but AFAIK your picture quality will look no worse running a 720P image on a native 1080P display. The resolution is not as much as an impact as the display size; if you are moving up in size significantly like from 32" to 52" you may see a difference in PQ based on the quality of the display. The same thing would go for 1080P, because you will see a distinct difference with a native 1080P image i.e. Blu-ray on a larger 1080P display.

I guess the simple answer is no; the 720P image will look great on your 1080P display, but don't expect it to look better. If you have a larger display and 1080P is supported that's definitely the way to go...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom