• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borecast 45: Online Soulselling, Hegemony, HOI3 Semper Fi, Mario Galaxy 2, ModNation

direct download: http://media.libsyn.com/media/borecast/Borecast45.mp3

SEGMENT ONE: You can't sell your organs anymore :(

The ins and outs of selling all your worthless crap online, from Craigslist to Ebay.

SEGMENT TWO: Games

(1:04:30) Field Commander ALexander

(1:09:45) Hegemony: Philip of Macedon

(1:18:30) Hearts of Iron 3: Semper Fi

(1:33:30) ModNation Racers

(1:51:00) Deadly Premonition Redux

(1:53:30) Mario Galaxy 2

Listener Comments (2:07:45) Lolis, Red Dead and Alan Wake, Kindle and E-Readers

next ep: E3 2010 RAW. We'll all be recording in the nude. Well, one of us will be, anyway. New contest! "Guess who was naked during the last show."

szaromir

Banned
Wow, that's some desperate thread bumping.
Listening now, the discussion about Craig's List doesn't concern me so far though as I'm not American.

Cheers for the last remnant suggestion on the last podcast, i'm enjoying it quite a bit. Get's a bit grindy though...are all jrpg's like that?

fizzelopeguss said:
Cheers for the last remnant suggestion on the last podcast, i'm enjoying it quite a bit. Get's a bit grindy though...are all jrpg's like that?
Nope, there are a lot of JRPGs with almost no grinding. Try one of the shorter ones, like Parasite Eve or Suikoden. I had a lot of fun playing the PC version of the Last Remnant, but it's at least twice as long as it should be.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
It's always amusing when people think our promiscuous bastard child of a language is being defiled by something. :p

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
While Doug has never claimed to not be a hypocrite, it should be noted that ripping a dvd movie to a media server then selling that dvd while keeping the rip you made of it is clear-cut piracy.

Hitokage said:
While Doug has never claimed to not be a hypocrite, it should be noted that ripping a dvd movie to a media server then selling that dvd while keeping the rip you made of it is clear-cut piracy.

haha, good catch! that said, i only have tv series on my media server, and with the exception of the latter half of the anime series one piece, i own the corresponding box sets.

for the record, i don't actually advocate piracy, and apologize for indicating that i might. piracy is lame and for lamewads. i advocate buying digital versions.

Gattsu25

Banned
Drinky Crow said:
haha, good catch! that said, i only have tv series on my media server, and with the exception of the latter half of the anime series one piece, i own the corresponding box sets.
piracy!

good episode

Another great episode guys.

Enjoyed the discussion of reselling on ebay.

Don't forget, if you're in the US you can get free packages from the USPS website to ship stuff out, though you'll need to wrap them up or cover the USPS markings so they don't bone you on shipping costs.

When I sell crap on eBay I tend to take photos. Box it up. Mark the contents of the box on the outside. Then when it's sold, place the shipping label over the content notes and off it goes.

Not a huge thing, but a little tip that could save you some time.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
fizzelopeguss said:

There are plenty of JRPGs with no grind even at low skill levels and many are grind free once you learn the systems effectively.

Yoshi craps out eggs and uses them to kill other living things, thus committing both filicide and garden-variety homicide in one blow, and that's just awesome any way you look at it.

edit: Or would that be feticide? Either way, cool stuff!

Oh yeah, soldiered through Spartacus on your suggestion Kevin and it was worth it. Once they get past the bad Zack Snyder / Guy Ritchie homage direction and introduce interesting characters and plot development it was really compelling. There's still some ropey CGI and questionable direction; but overall worth watching.

Top Bottom