• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

shadyspace said:
I did everything you did but in my case it worked correctly (i.e. pop-up immediately after filling out the survey).

Amazing.. I waited several minutes until after 12 PST.. checked time.org to be sure..

Really.. ugh.. failure....

Codeblue

I won't get my copy of the game 'til Monday or Tuesday since I ordered on Amazon. I'm fairly confident that they'll be up for a few weeks after the games release.

Skel1ingt0n said:
YEEEEEEEESSSS!!!

5847972824_12681cff39_z.jpg
What's the link behind that get soundtrack button?

What the hell? My boyfriend and just completed registration at 3:08 and 3:15 EST and neither of us got the link. I'm PISSED. Should I email Nintendo? Did we wait too long?

And I'd love the server link, too.

_dd_

DownLikeBCPowder said:
Amazing.. I waited several minutes until after 12 PST.. checked time.org to be sure..

Really.. ugh.. failure....

Haha... me too.

I just emailed Nintendo Customer Service to see if they can alleviate the problem. I waited until after 12 also :[

Charoncaori said:
What the hell? My boyfriend and just completed registration at 3:08 and 3:15 EST and neither of us got the link. I'm PISSED. Should I email Nintendo? Did we wait too long?

No, there's a deluge of people on the Club Nintendo forums.. growing by the minute.

Skel1ingt0n said:
This is the only link in my history that's not a "main page" link. But I don't think it's what anyone is looking for. I'm sorry :-(

https://club.nintendo.com/coins-survey/CTRPAQEE/PRODREGSV/.do

Well, clicking this link takes me BACK to complete the survey (which I CAN'T do from entering my code again, claims redeemed), but the exit page is still "thanks for completing the survey!" and nadda. Was extremely hopeful for a moment.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Charoncaori said:
Thanks, just sent it off.

To the people who managed to get the link, what time did you complete the survey? Thanks.

I applied my code one minute after 2am CT/12PST.

The survey took about four minutes. I think I confirmed my address and got the order confirmation about five after.

bender

What time is it?
Three different Walmart locations and no luck. The first two knew what the game was but said they hadn't received any yet. The last store had a person who tried to explain to me how the 3DS was an upgrade to the DS that hadn't been upgraded in a while. I just nodded and thanked her for her time.

Charoncaori said:
Thanks, just sent it off.

To the people who managed to get the link, what time did you complete the survey? Thanks.
I finalized the order at 3:07 EST.

Skel1ingt0n said:
I applied my code one minute after 2am CT/12PST.

The survey took about four minutes. I think I confirmed my address and got the order confirmation about five after.
Do you mean an email confirmation? And is it showing up in your Rewards Inquiry? Mine isn't.

Sorry!

Club Nintendo is currently unavailable due to site maintenance.
We apologize for any inconvenience.

Remember to hang on to your product registration codes and make a note of your serial numbers - we'll be back soon so you can register your products.

Please note, it is not necessary to register your hardware to begin your warranty. This is done automatically at the retailer when you purchase your product. However, please check back to register your products for Club Nintendo benefits, including hardware warranty extensions.

Forum users please note, the Tech Support Forums will be in read-only mode during this time. All existing Forum topics, posts, and replies will remain available for those looking for technical assistance with Nintendo products. No new threads or messages can be created until Club Nintendo is back up.

Please try back later.
Hm..

:lol Club Nintendo just went down. Never a smooth process when it comes to anything even tangentially related to the internet for Nintendo.

snesfreak

Banned
*please stay down until I get my copy*

Screw you Nintendo. The only reason I bought the damn thing tonight was for the soundtrack and I don't get the popular. My friend and I registered at the same time and only he got it. What a joke.

shadyspace said:
:lol Club Nintendo just went down. Never a smooth process when it comes to anything even tangentially related to the internet for Nintendo.

Yeah.. can't get a soundtrack bonus right on their own proprietary Club deal, not encouraging prospects.

Even if they fix this, the amount of pissed people appears to be kind of high. Relatively speaking, considering the people who are registering right now are the midnight campers/runners and waiting until 12 PST and all that jazz. Now, even if we don't, it sure feels like you'd wanna stay awake and hang out until this situation is resolved.

GcRayden

Big Papa Husker said:
Fuck you Nintendo. The only reason I bought the damn thing tonight was for the soundtrack and I don't get the popular. My friend and I registered at the same time and only he got it. What a fucking joke.

Calm down bro, I'm sure that Nintendo will make good on their offer. At least they better... *looks over at pitchfork*

Nintendo's probably the best of the big three when it comes to customer service, in my opinion. I've heard of them bending over backwards for their buyers. So, I'm not terribly worried that I'll come away empty handed... this is still frustrating as hell, though.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Heh. I figured that's what would happen today. A deluge of people trying to register a game for a "limited quantity" soundtrack...

...Please stay down until when I get my copy this afternoon, or tonight.

depward

Yeah, getting club nintendo down error here too.

Walmart in SW Washington (Vancouver) got in 8 copies. All were sold by 12:20.

Poyunch

I'm already Platinum. I don't know if I should bother registering anymore since most likely the soundtrack will be gone soon.

i always though it was oh-careen-a

why are nintendo people pronouncing it ah-careen-a

oh also: i ordered my CD before the site went down, u jelly?

GcRayden

I don't mean to derail off Nintendo's problem right now, but I saved at Kakariko village and I started it back up and I was all the way back in Kokiri Forest. What the hell? Anyone know why this happened, because it's going to get annoying very fast otherwise.

GcRayden said:
I don't mean to derail off Nintendo's problem right now, but I saved at Kakariko village and I started it back up and I was all the way back in Kokiri Forest. What the hell? Anyone know why this happened, because it's going to get annoying very fast otherwise.
Save outside a dungeon you end up back in your house. Save inside a dungeon you start at the beginning of that dungeon.

shadyspace said:
Save outside a dungeon you end up back in your house. Save inside a dungeon you start at the beginning of that dungeon.

Honestly, that's probably something they could've (should've?) fixed.

Was it always like that? I can't remember.

Yes. Except when Adult Link, you always reverted back to the Temple of Time.

Mistle

shadyspace said:
It's not really a problem though once you can
warp.

Yes. Generally that exact same kind of pattern in every Zelda.
Maybe my memory is failing me, but I'm sure that in TP and WW, you don't wind up back at your house every time you play. They load up in the area you saved in, right?

Bruiserk

Insaniac said:
so i guess for the people who didn't have a midnight release we are screwed and won't get the soundtrack? :( disappointment total

There was never an exact number as to how many soundtracks they have available, right?

Maybe my memory is failing me, but I'm sure that in TP and WW, you don't wind up back at your house every time you play. They load up in the area you saved in, right?

TWW saved at the last/nearest island as far as I remember. Twilight Princess...hm, I kind of forget. I think it was at the entrance of whatever part of Hyrule you were at.

ascully

I ordered from Gamestop and they still have not shipped, I chose that cheap shipping I bet I don't get it until next weekend :(

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Something happened, and Amir0x bought this game.

And now I want it.

Fuck.

Socreges

Banned
Gravijah said:
Oh God, right when you mentioned the name it popped up in my head. I was avoiding it until now.
Same. That's amazing. I haven't played OoT in many, many years, but somehow it came to me instantly. I had to go on Youtube to see if I was even thinking of the right song - yup.

I did play it at least three times through, though. Back-to-back, as well, which I've never done before with a videogame.

Fuck maybe I need a 3DS now.

Dark Schala said:
Heh. I figured that's what would happen today. A deluge of people trying to register a game for a "limited quantity" soundtrack...

...Please stay down until when I get my copy this afternoon, or tonight.

WTF is this shit?

I tried to register right after midnight and it wasn't working. Now everyone has registered at some point in the morning and the whole fucking site went down? I've had the game two fucking days already!

I swear, Nintendo is completely inept when it comes to all things online.

DoctorWho said:
WTF is this shit?

I tried to register right after midnight and it wasn't working. Now everyone has registered at some point in the morning and the whole fucking site went down? I've had the game two fucking days already!

I swear, Nintendo is completely inept when it comes to all things online.
Nintendo is a joke. I bet everything will be great when the WiiU comes out... Oh wait... >:|

They better fix this and print more soundtracks and ship them to EVERYONE that registers OoT before a certain date.

Top Bottom