• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is it just me or this quarter fucking amazing?

Salsa

This might mostly apply to PC gaming since its where i spent most of my time on, but this is getting out of hand.

Lets see, we got:

- Deus Ex: Human Revolution
- Bastion
- From Dust
- EYE: Divine Cybermancy
- Dungeons of Dredmor

And PC versions of:

- Limbo
- Edge
- Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
- Blocks that Matter

still coming this quarter:

- Dead Island
- Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
- Might & Magic Heroes VI
- Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad
- RAGE
- TrackMania 2: Canyon
- Renegade Ops
- PC Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes
- Rock of Ages
- Stronghold 3
- Torchlight II ?
- Tropico 4
- Hard Reset
- The Binding of Isaac

feel like im missing some

and still coming a month or two into the next quarter:

- Skyrim
- Batman Arkham City
- Battlefield 3
- Serious Sam 3

My wallet is weeping. Cant think of another time where so many games i wanted to play came out so close to each other. This last quarter, or rather last half of the year is Brutal with a capital B.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
This whole year has been completely solid. I don't feel like there's been any deadtime at all.

Salsa

Jtwo said:
This whole year has been completely solid. I don't feel like there's been any deadtime at all.

i feel what you're saying, but we are ending on the damn high note.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Yup, this is one of the best holiday seasons for gamers in a long time. I'd say it's going to end up right up there with 2004 and 1998 as the best fall onslaught ever for gamers.

I'm currently enjoying Deus Ex. I have Dead Island, Gears of War 3, and Battlefield 3.

Uncharted 3, Modern Warfare 3, Skyrim, and Zelda are all must plays.

Ico Collection and MGS Collection are must owns, in my opinion.

Then there's still stuff like Forza, Rage, Batman, Ace Combat, etc, etc.

And I haven't even considered looking into indie games... And I know there are some great 3DS games right around the horizon.

And, crap, I forgot I have Red Orchestra 2 on preorder as well.

Yeah, hoping to find some good deals (already have on some). But in any case, it's going to be a $500+ fall. :-(

EDIT: And I don't know how anyone can say the first half of this year has been anything less than great. Dead Space 2, LA Noire, Catherine, etc.

fernoca

Every year is like that. Is a matter of preferences more than anything. People spend the first half of the year whining about "lol tehre are no games" (even when there are many); then the last half whining about "omg wallet am cry". :p

Raonak

Banned
Horrible for wallets. Only limiting myself for Resistance 3, MGS Collection, Tekken Hybrid, Uncharted 3 and maybe HOTD overkill.

Salsa

fernoca said:
Every year is like that.

Oh man i dont know, id like to compare if anyone wants to bring older years up.

I mean, im not even discussing console and handheld exclusives in OP.

I won't be able to buy all the November games just because I won't have enough time for them and not because I'll be too busy doing something productive but because I'll be too busy playing the other games that come out in November.

Skyrim may have to be delayed until 2012 for me, but that's when Mass Effect 3 comes out. There's too many video games. =/

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Every year seems to keep getting better and better. Summer droughts are now a past thing.

Acidote

Diablo 3 should be released before the year ends. MW3, Saint's Row 3, Red Orchestra 2. And if we add console only titles things just get completely out of control. Uncharted 3, GoW3, Dark Souls, etc etc.

In the end I will just probably buy two or three games and wait for the rest to be dirt cheap. I can't handle all those games plus the increasing Steam backlog. I will enter myself in a "Terminator Stance" soon and race through games' main storyline and that's it.

Raziel

eh, felt like deus ex and eye:dc disappointed as far as cyberpunk games go - i actually think hard reset could best both of those so theres that.

rage looks really good too. edit: not this quarter though.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Jtwo said:

3DS and Wii owners would disagree, snap.

Salsa

raziel said:
eh, felt like deus ex and eye:dc disappointed as far as cyberpunk games go - i actually think hard reset could best both of those so theres that.

rage looks really good too.

good god, cant believe i forgot that. OP being fixed this instant.

Dascu

It's been a good summer so far (The Witcher 2 and Xenoblade Chronicles for example). Looks to be a good autumn too. However, I must admit I'm not interested in at least 2/3rds of that list in the OP, but I am really looking forward the 1/3 that I am interested in.

And of course The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

Coxswain

It's... pretty good, I guess? I dunno, I'm definitely happy with this year/quarter, and there's definitely a few games that I'm really looking forward to, but I don't think it's super exciting or anything and it's a little bewildering to me that I've seen that opinion so much. I'm pretty sure I had more on my plate in '07, '08, and last year.

Edit: Although PS you forgot the last, best hope for the FPS genre, Serious Sam 3 and I'll never forgive you for this.

I make pretty decent change at my job. Enough that since I've started working, I've never had to cross games I want off the 'to buy' list because of money... only time and interest.

This will be the first quarter ever that I had said 'I can't buy that game, because I can't afford it.'

That's how many fucking games I'm planning on buying in the next few months. It's fucking INSANE.

fernoca

SalsaShark said:
Oh man i dont know, id like to compare if anyone wants to brought older years up.

I mean, im not even discussing console and handheld exclusives in OP.

Yeah. Quick searches with the crappy Google search from here brought results from 2005 and 2007 also claiming similar things for Fall of those years. Or how the Wii had the best year in 2009 (and again in 2010).

And yeah, if you add consoles and handhelds the lists only gets bigger. If anything, that goes to show that unlike many think, gaming is not dying or going downhill.

I mean, this years is going to end great, and it started quite good; yet there are people that consider this year overall as lame; so it always depends.

Yaska

I feel sorry for my wallet already. Huge amount of games coming, and then Steam Christmas Sale....

fernoca said:
I mena, this years is going to end great, and it started quite good; yet there are people that consider this year overall as lame; so it always depends.

If you don't find anything to play this year you've got no-one to blame but yourself IMO.

Wazzim

Banned
It's too much, I can't see how you will ever be able to play all those games. I promised myself to only buy games I really need: Forza 4, BF3 and MGS Collection.

Salsa

Wazzim said:
It's too much, I can't see how you will ever be able to play all those games. I promised myself to only buy games I really need: Forza 4, BF3 and MGS Collection.

I already pre-ordered too much when i got some money some time back. Im fucked.

Dascu

Cheska said:
What a great time to be a multi platform gamer :)
Really? I don't know. I'm thinking about picking up a PS3 now that the price has dropped, but on the other hand, there's just so much games already coming out on PC/Wii in the coming months, plus some old backloggery, that it just seems crazy to get another console.

Salsa

Dascu said:
Really? I don't know. I'm thinking about picking up a PS3 now that the price has dropped, but on the other hand, there's just so much games already coming out on PC/Wii in the coming months, plus some old backloggery, that it just seems crazy to get another console.

would be insane to get a PS360 now for me considering all the catch up id have to do. No point.

MYE

Something about a Sword that points Skyward is getting me way more excited than i should at this point, considering all the waiting i still have to do.

I'l buy Demon's Souls 2 for sure and maybe Skyrim, but they dont have to be day one purchases.

Yeah, I've been stressing over what I can actually afford to get. The amount of good games being released between now and Christmas is daunting. Off the top of my head I want:

Super Mario 3D Land
Mario Kart 7
Uncharted 3
Skyward Sword
Alien: Infestation (yay 2D WayForward)
Ico and Shadow of the Colossus: The Collection
Kirby Wii
Kirby: Mass Attack
Batman: Arkham City

And I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.

Acidote

Things I'm interested in:
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad
RAGE
Torchlight II (I think it might be delayed)
Skyrim (Although I'll wait AT LEAST a yer to get it, and you know why)
Batman Arkham City
Stronghold 3
Battlefield 3
Modern Warfare 3
Saint's Row 3
Gears of War 3
Diablo 3
Dark Souls
Path of Exile
X: Rebirth
HoMM 6
MGS HD Ultimate Collection
SW: The Old Republic if it's released this year.
Guild Wars 2 if it's released this year, which I doubt.
Trine 2?

It's completely out of hand. I have to choose wisely.

Absolutely. July was a bit quiet, August looked quiet at the start of summer but ended up having a few lovely imports and September is ridiculously packed and expensive. But I'm definitely one of those people who see 2011 on the whole as one of the best years in gaming in recent memory.

squall23

VOOK said:
3DS and Wii owners would disagree, snap.
January (after The Last Story) to May was pretty bad for Wii, but June - August gave me Earth Shaker, Inazuma Eleven Strikers, Rhythm Heaven Wii and Xenoblade.

Looking my list of games to buy already makes me cry a little bit:

Already bought:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution
El Shaddai

Coming soon:

Warhammer 40,000K: Space Marine
Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection
Resistance 3
God of War: Origins Collection
NHL 12
Gears of War 3
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Classic Trilogy HD
RAGE
Forza Motorsport 4
Batman: Arkham City
Battlefield 3
Uncharted 3
Modern Warfare 3
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Skyrim
Rayman Origins
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary

*Brain explodes*

Cant buy because funds don't allow:

Twisted Metal
Dark Souls
F1 2011
Need for Speed: The Run
WWE 12
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom
King of Fighters XIII
Lord of the Rings: War in the North
Zelda: The Skyward Sword
Saint's Row The Third

What is the general consensus on dead island? its out here already on PS3 but ive not seen a single review or know anything about it besides you kill zombies on a tropical island - is it going to be good or will it be absolute dogshit like Dead Rising 2?

Luthos

Maybe, but it has nothing on October/November, imo.

Batman: AC, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, etc. And others that I may get but not right away. Isn't AC: Revelations coming in November too?

acutally salsaboya you forgot some titles, like resistance 3, uncharted 3, etc :p
but i'll luv you all the same! and abuse your steam-crossborder-service as always! XD

Top Bottom