• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rage at Rage Reviews Thread

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Exclusive Reviews:

EGM: 9.5
IGN: 8.5
GameReactor: 8

Post Embargo Reviews:

Teamxbox.com: 9.5
RipTen: 9.5
GameTrailers: 9
Machinima: 9
CVG: 8.9
Eurogamer: 8
GameSpot: 8
G4TV: 8
1UP: B
Game Revolution: B
OXM: 7.5
GameFront: 7.5
ShogunGamer: 7
The Telegraph: 7
Gaming Age: C+
Strategy Informer: 6.5
Joystiq: 6
Co-Optimus: 6
Ars Technica: Verdict: Skip

Please post any you see. Thanks to everyone in the other threads.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So 8's all across-the-board! Excellent news, and will buy later on!

DTKT

chri5t said:
Reviews aren't too bad. Lived up to the hype?

I don't think there was any hype. ID never really pushed it as more than it is. Or at least, that's the feeling I have.

So yeah, I have no interest in the setting or the shooting mechanic. I'll wait for a deal on Christmas. No need to get it right now!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
the joystiq review i stopped reading

"it's not fallout, it's not borderlands"

WELL NO SHIT IDIOTS

ironcreed

Banned
Wow at the 6.0 and 6.5. Good scores for the most part so far, but looking like reviews are going to end up being all over the place when the dust settles. Whatever, I have seen enough to know I'll dig it.

kind of disappointing scores when you think about the pedigree of the studio and the time it took to make.

It still seems like a good solid game worth picking up at some point.

GeoramA

From the Joystiq review:

There's just not a lot of "there" there - my first playthrough, which included every side-mission and several job board assignments, took me 9 hours and 15 minutes. My second, where I completed every side-mission, every job board assignment, every courier mission, and most of the races, took eight hours and 50 minutes. RAGEends so abruptly that I didn't realize it was over until the final cutscene began. I was left wondering what had happened.
o_O

This can't be right...

jackdoe

DopeyFish said:
the joystiq review i stopped reading

"it's not fallout, it's not borderlands"

WELL NO SHIT IDIOTS
Seriously, finish reading the review. It's not that bad and is pretty informative.

Gravijah

i just read the entire ars technica review. it seems they don't even mention the gunplay at all.

you know, the reason I WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME.

Salsa

8 and 7s OH MY GOD SO AVERAGE THIS IS AN OUTRAGE PRE-LOAD CANCELLED

Gravijah said:
i just read the entire ars technica review. it seems they don't even mention the gunplay at all.

you know, the reason I WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME.

Ars Technica does the worst reviews ive ever read. Ever.

They complained at Duke Nukem Forever not having iron sights.

chri5t

I don't think I'll be getting this game. Another "brown" shooter doesn't really sell it for me. Anybody feel the same way?

Tom Penny

Great graphics. Meh gameplay. What else is new in this era of shooters. Hopefully the COD can set the bar for both.

I just don't think it's going to be remembered as anything but a sleeper hit of the fall of 2011. [

This quote comes from the 1up review. How can this be a "sleep" if it is so well adveertized and anticipated?

Has "sleeper hit" become a meaningless term, already? I swear, we gamers wring the meaning out of everything within a few years, if not months of a term being coined.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
chri5t said:
I don't think I'll be getting this game. Another "brown" shooter doesn't really sell it for me. Anybody feel the same way?
It's not another 'brown' shooter.

Salsa

Tom Penny said:
Great graphics. Meh gameplay. What else is new in this era of shooters. Hopefully the COD can set the bar for both.

oh jesus christ im running out of this thread like the plague

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
chri5t said:
It's a new ID software FPS not a another generic "brown" shooter!

Derrick01

Banned
GeoramA said:
From the Joystiq review:

o_O

This can't be right...

This is definitely surprising a bit considering all the 15-20 hour numbers we saw being thrown around and not just from id. I wonder what difficulty he was playing on.

Hazelhurst

chri5t said:
Yeah, competition is going to be fierce the next few months. I have no desire for this game. Seems so generic. The reviews are cementing this fact.

Salsa

Nirolak said:
Exclusive Reviews:

EGM: 9.5
IGN: 8.5

GameReactor: 8

Post Embargo Reviews:

GameTrailers: 9
CVG: 8.9
Eurogamer: 8
GameSpot: 8
G4TV: 8
1UP: B
The Telegraph: 7
Strategy Informer: 6.5
Joystiq: 6
Co-Optimus: 6
Ars Technica: Verdict: Skip

Please post any you see. Thanks to everyone in the other threads.

Id say those are the places where GAF most pays attention to reviews, and its all 8s and 9s

Id say GAF is gonna bitch anyway

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
He's joking.

I cant tell anymore

Guevara

Nirolak said:
yeesh:

Imagine Borderlands with the fun stripped out, or Fallout without actual choice, characters, or consequences. None of the game's ideas are thought out or fully explored, so the game feels like a series of dead ends in a world that is hard to care about, in which you play a bland character doing boring things against stock enemies using weak guns. I only finished RAGE because I was paid to do so, and the process was a struggle; the game never presented me with a hook to continue playing,

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
The Ars Technica review is so despicably exaggerated it makes me giggle.

Adam J.

You have to take into consideration that any shooter without traditional multiplayers seems to get docked a star, out the gate.

Top Bottom