• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3D - Fantasia world revealed

Don't know! But this time there's an actual Fantasia world, so now he'd have no excuse not to reappear.
But it's not confirmed to be a Fantasia world. But hey I would love to have Chernobog back, I always thought he would make a cool optional boss in later games.

knowing my luck we get this part in the game

engel01a_Fantasia-hippo_gat.jpg

I don't understand why people dislike the hippos.

It's about a skinny guy who's into a fat chick. A tale as old as time.

And it's Hilaaarious!

duckroll

But it's not confirmed to be a Fantasia world. But hey I would love to have Chernobog back, I always thought he would make a cool optional boss in later games.

It's a Fantasia world, the only question is how much of Fantasia they are using. Jump calls it the first time a Fantasia world is in Kingdom Hearts, and the name of the world is "Symphony of Sorcery".

It's a Fantasia world, the only question is how much of Fantasia they are using. Jump calls it the first time a Fantasia world is in Kingdom Hearts, and the name of the world is "Symphony of Sorcery".
Well Jump can call it that, but unless they reveal more than Sorcerer's Apprentice, I'm going to have to disagree. There is a lot more to Fantasia than the one chapter starring Mickey and naming it Symphony of Sorcery doesn't really do anything but evoke Sorcerer's Apprentice. But maybe Symphony is alluding to all of the music and dance pieces of the film, so I guess they would be right. Won't know till they show it or till the game comes out.

duckroll

Well Jump can call it that, but unless they reveal more than Sorcerer's Apprentice, I'm going to have to disagree. There is a lot more to Fantasia than the one chapter starring Mickey and naming it Symphony of Sorcery doesn't really do anything but evoke Sorcerer's Apprentice. But maybe Symphony is alluding to all of the music and dance pieces of the film, so I guess they would be right. Won't know till they show it or till the game comes out.

Well, I should add that magazines like Jump don't really post anything based on their own opinion, since the previews are basically gloried ads based on whatever promotional material and text the companies provide.

We'll know more when Famitsu comes out next week, since they always have an expanded coverage on the stuff that Jump initially shows.

mclem

When you factor in Fantasia 2000, there's a lot of segments to pull from though.
Can't be too hard to create a world more visually varied and interesting than Tron: Legacy!

I'd love to see what they'd make out of Rhapsody in Blue or Beethoven's Fifth.

mclem

I wonder if Yen Sid will be part of the world or not. I know he had his own place in other KH games, but Sorcerer's Apprentice is where he originated.

The Beast was an assistant in the Hollow Bastion section in KH1, but became a standalone character in his own world in KH2. It could happen.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
A bit OT, but since it's about KH3D

The interview from Famitsu has a longer section for Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, which reveals a wireless Dream Eater battle mode.

Dream Eaters are new critters in Kingdom Hearts 3D that players can train and fight with. The multiplayer mini-game will use a different battle system and these fights can upgrade Dream Eaters for the main story. Nomura says the game will use ad-hoc connectivity, which means its local play.

Concerning Organization XIII, Nomura said a secret about the hooded group will be revealed. Players will see Zexion, Lexaeus, and Axel in Kingdom Hearts 3D as humans with memories of their time being nobodies. A mysterious man wearing a black coat from Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Final Mix will be in Kingdom Hearts 3D too.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/1...ce-has-a-multiplayer-dream-eater-battle-mode/

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Apparently, translations of the recent Famitsu interview with Nomura allude to Mysterious Figure in BBS being
the Young Xehanort seen in the last trailer for DDD.

So yeah...

edit: Can't link to the full interview since there's scans there.

Psxphile

Apparently, translations of the recent Famitsu interview with Nomura allude to Mysterious Figure in BBS being
the Young Xehanort seen in the last trailer for DDD.

Yikes if true.
Time travel
confirmed? Because I don't know how it would work otherwise... I mean, that meeting in BbS was supposed to be canon, wasn't it?

Time travel
confirmed?

Given his powers that seems fairly likely, but I hope not. But it fits:

"Would a single one of you suffice if what you faced was not a single one of him?"

We know that there are going to be multiple
Xenahorts
. This may be one of them.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Yikes if true.
Time travel
confirmed? Because I don't know how it would work otherwise... I mean, that meeting in BbS was supposed to be canon, wasn't it?
I don't know, I mean I don't think it has to be canon. The Xehanort meeting in the first Final Mix wasn't canon, was it? And even it was, it doesn't really change anything, I guess.

Thoraxes

Yikes if true.
Time travel

Well, considering we don't entirely know how
the realm Aqua is in works yet, I guess that really has yet to be defined. I don't think it'll be time travel, but probably something as equally convoluted, like another splitting of himself or something after the stuff he did with Terra. Like it's the concentrated evil that split off from the other splittings because it could not be contained with the less bad parts of him or something.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Here's the full thing: (spoiler'd just in case)

—In Fantasia as well as other worlds, a golden eyed person wearing a black coat appears, who is he?

Nomura: He is the mysterious man who appeared in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix as a boss who manipulated time. Just who he is will be told in KH3D. Everywhere he goes, a few people of the darkness turn up, like how Vanitas came out in the trailer.

Also, one other thing that's also mentioned (regarding Org. XIII members)
which slipped by me is that Axel is human in this game. Apparently, he regained his heart at some point along with Zexion and Lexaeus. I know, I know, it was obvious since he called himself Lea, but I figured there might've been a good excuse for that but there it is.

Psxphile

I don't know, I mean I don't think it has to be canon. The Xehanort meeting in the first Final Mix wasn't canon, was it? And even it was, it doesn't really change anything, I guess.

It's shown again during the KHI recap at the beginning of KHII, so I assume that means it is. Then again, I think someone here confirmed that Sora's meeting with the Lingering Spirit in KHII wasn't canon so it could go either way I guess.

We know that there are going to be multiple
Xenahorts
. This may be one of them.

Pretty sure
Braig/Xigbar
will be one of them. The fact that his VA was recently confirmed to be working on a new KH game kinda cinches he'll be involved in some way.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Seem that we are getting lesser worlds compare to other games right?

We already know about 3 Musketeers, Fantasia, Tron, Pinocchio, and Hunchback; so the game is coming out in two months so I feel that it's possible that we are getting low amount of worlds compare to other games.

We already know about 3 Musketeers, Fantasia, Tron, Pinocchio, and Hunchback; so the game is coming out in two months so I feel that it's possible that we are getting low amount of worlds compare to other games.

Nomura promised as much content as a numbered title so I'm sure they're keeping a bunch of surprises.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
personally i think KH needs to broarden its horizons a little

i want...

Discworld
Narnia
warner bros

Well, I hope that KH will have some of those epic worlds for KH3 PS3 because I would like to see them in HD.

New Worlds
Tangled
Princess and the Frog
Toy Story
The Incredibles

Returning Worlds
The Little Mermaid
Aladdin
Lion King
Beast and Beauty

SykoTech

Ugh, these enemy designs are terrible. Better just be a one-time thing.

Neat screens otherwise.

Well, I hope that KH will have some of those epic worlds for KH3 PS3 because I would like to see them in HD.

New Worlds
Tangled
Princess and the Frog
Toy Story
The Incredibles

Yes please, especially to the Pixar stuff.

And as much as I love the Marvel Universe, I think they shouldn't get in. Maybe as cameos like the FF and TWEWY characters, but not as worlds.

BDGAME

Beautiful screens. I know S-E use photoshop in screens, but the final result is something close to that... and with 3D.

ace3skoot

New Worlds
Tangled
Princess and the Frog
Toy Story
The Incredibles

Returning Worlds
The Little Mermaid
Aladdin
Lion King
Beast and Beauty

Pixar movies need to be utilized for sure. I agree it would be stupid not to bring back so many imgaginate worlds. there is so much brilliant material from disney to pool from, and i want them to do just that, i think that once you have the multiple world theme there is just so much you can do with it.

Maybe branching off into a new series with a slighty more adult theme, there is so much to mash up from films, animation to fantasy novels the possibilties are endless, I guess my ideas would be better for a new series as if you add to many different styles and source materials a game would start to loose its own idenity.

duckroll

That depends. Here's what BbS had in terms of actual meaningful worlds which are full stages:
- Sleeping Beauty
- Snow White
- Cinderella
- Radiant Garden
- Disney Town
- Stitch
- Peter Pan

Then there are the 3 room non-stage worlds:
- Land of Departure
- Yensid's Tower
- Hercules
- Keyblade Graveyard
- Mirage Arena

So far, these are the full stages we know of in KH3D:
- Traverse Town
- Pinocchio
- Hunchback
- Three Musketeers
- Fantasia
- Tron Legacy

I expect there to be 1-2 more worlds which are not revealed yet at all, which should put the tally of actual stages on par with BbS. There might be less overall worlds than BbS, but the actual amount of content should not be be less by a significant level.

Top Bottom