• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3D - Fantasia world revealed

So the soundtrack is coming out and the description included this tidbit...

The soundtrack for Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance has been announced to be released in Japan on April 18, 2012. It can already be pre-ordered on Amazon, at a price of ¥3,800(approximately US$48.86). It is a 3-disc soundtrack, where songs from Yoko Shimomura and also from The World Ends With You composer, Takeharu Ishimoto, will be avaliable. Thanks to Exodaze from KH13 and KHInsider for the tip.
Hnnnnnnng.

Awesome that they'll probably have some TWEWY remixes on there.

NOT AWESOME AT ALL that the Reapers and Mr. Hanekoma won't appear. The adults in TWEWY have much cooler character designs than the kids.

Something I'd love for TWEWY 2, if they ever make it, is making the music into a gameplay element. Make it so that the in-battle music pulls from a playlist that you've constructed, and each song modifies the battle conditions somehow (like doubling your offensive power but causing enemies to regenerate HP, for example). It's the perfect sort of style-obsessed metagame subsystem that's absolutely perfect for TWEWY.

branny

Something I'd love for TWEWY 2, if they ever make it, is making the music into a gameplay element. Make it so that the in-battle music pulls from a playlist that you've constructed, and each song modifies the battle conditions somehow (like doubling your offensive power but causing enemies to regenerate HP, for example). It's the perfect sort of style-obsessed metagame subsystem that's absolutely perfect for TWEWY.
You know...with 3D models they could also do environment warping/pulsing. It'd be like a battle system that takes the work in Rez and Lumines to a whole other level. Having dynamic conditions could make the pins system way deeper, too. Oh my god.

duckroll

I think the uncertain thing is that if they are making a TWEWY 2, it might be developed by h.a.n.d. instead of Jupiter...

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
TWEWY is one of my favourites games, not only for DS but in general.
And I like the 3d counterparts they're doing for this KH.
The more TWEWY they'll put in the final game, the more chance there will be for me to purchase the game :p

duckroll

Would it really matter? Jupiter didn't have a really extraordinary track record until after TWEWY.

It might, it might not. Jupiter's collaborations with S-E/Nomura resulted in KHCoM and TWEWY, both well regarded games with creative systems which fit the systems they were on.

S-E/Nomura's collaborations with h.a.n.d. so far have resulted in a series of KH and Chocobo games which have mostly been slammed by both critics and fans.

It might, it might not. Jupiter's collaborations with S-E/Nomura resulted in KHCoM and TWEWY, both well regarded games with creative systems which fit the systems they were on.

S-E/Nomura's collaborations with h.a.n.d. so far have resulted in a series of KH and Chocobo games which have mostly been slammed by both critics and fans.

D:

duckroll

So the soundtrack is coming out and the description included this tidbit...

Hnnnnnnng.

The KH3D OST is by Shimomura, Sekito, and Ishimoto, the same trio who composed the BbS OST. Ishimoto did mention some time back that he was indeed arranging the TWEWY songs though.

Here's hoping it's as high-quality as BBS's. 3 discs is quite hefty for a KH soundtrack. :D

3 discs for the initial soundtrack is a little surprising indeed. KH, KH2, and BbS all had fully packed 2 disc soundtracks, and later additional tracks for the Final Mix releases.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Here's hoping it's as high-quality as BBS's. 3 discs is quite hefty for a KH soundtrack. :D
Makes me wonder how much of it Shimomura is handling this time more than anything else. I hope her work alone is at least on par with the amount she did for BbS, even if there are more tracks/arrangements from Ishimoto and Sekito this time. Happy to see Sekito return though, I enjoy his work too.

duckroll

Apparently the assistant PR manager for Square Enix North America tweeted this on her work account.

Could be nothing, or there could be an NA announcement for the bundle and release date.

OH SWEET!

Makes me wonder how much of it Shimomura is handling this time more than anything else. I hope her work alone is at least on par with the amount she did for BbS, even if there are more tracks/arrangements from Ishimoto and Sekito this time. Happy to see Sekito return though, I enjoy his work too.

I see no reason why Shimomura wouldn't be doing the majority of the soundtrack like before.

isny

napkin dispenser
Really looking forward to this, especially the Tron themed world =D (Imagine Jeff Bridges in a KH game, lol)

Hylian7

Pretty sure that's just Three Musketeers. They wouldn't stealth reveal a world in a random screenshot.

WRONG.

Yeah the plot seems to follow TWEWY, but Nomura also said there's a reason they're there and Joshua talks like he's aware they're in an alternate dimension in true Joshua fashion. Nomura also said that
there are no Reapers

TWEWY spoiler:
Hanekoma technically isn't a Reaper.....

Epcott

Kingdom-Hearts-3D-481.jpg

Almost makes me wish I played through TWEWY more than the first 3 chapters. Damn did they make that game overly complicated. You get the hang of double screen fighting with stickers... then they introduce clothing and trendiness and stickers that gain exp when you're not playing and... (passes out).

I can't wait for KH: DDD. The dream eaters were off putting at first, but they seem pretty interesting. Did they announce online play and/or modes to battle your dream eaters against a friend (ala Kingdom Poke'Eaters)?

That depends. Here's what BbS had in terms of actual meaningful worlds which are full stages:
- Sleeping Beauty
- Snow White
- Cinderella
- Radiant Garden
- Disney Town
- Stitch
- Peter Pan

Then there are the 3 room non-stage worlds:
- Land of Departure
- Yensid's Tower
- Hercules
- Keyblade Graveyard
- Mirage Arena

So far, these are the full stages we know of in KH3D:
- Traverse Town
- Pinocchio
- Hunchback
- Three Musketeers
- Fantasia
- Tron Legacy

I expect there to be 1-2 more worlds which are not revealed yet at all, which should put the tally of actual stages on par with BbS. There might be less overall worlds than BbS, but the actual amount of content should not be be less by a significant level.

On this note, I found that KH13 is claiming that there are seven Keyholes of Sleep but I can't find the source they're citing. It would make sense since seven seems to be the idée fixe in this series. If that's accurate it would imply that there's still one more unrevealed world left, not counting any possible smaller stages.

Almost makes me wish I played through TWEWY more than the first 3 chapters. Damn did they make that game overly complicated. You get the hang of double screen fighting with stickers... then they introduce clothing and trendiness and stickers that gain exp when you're not playing and... (passes out).

You don't really need to pay that much attention to the trends and all of that. You can keep it pretty basic and still enjoy the game.

I love the way the TWEWY characters are looking except for Shiki. I get that its a certain art style, but she looks disgusting. Did they have to make her hips/midsection look that way?

duckroll

On this note, I found that KH13 is claiming that there are seven Keyholes of Sleep but I can't find the source they're citing. It would make sense since seven seems to be the idée fixe in this series. If that's accurate it would imply that there's still one more unrevealed world left, not counting any possible smaller stages.

It's on the Story section of the official site. 7 sleeping keyholes to correspond with the 7 pure hearts of light. So yeah, at least one more world. Unless it's Destiny Islands.... looool.

Famassu

I'd hope that Traverse Town didn't have one of those keyholes so we could perhaps get a couple of more Disney worlds and that there would still be 2-3 new original worlds comparable to Hollow Bastion, The World That Never Was, End of the World and Twilight Town.

duckroll

I'd hope that Traverse Town didn't have one of those keyholes so we could perhaps get a couple of more Disney worlds and that there would still be 2-3 new original worlds comparable to Hollow Bastion, The World That Never Was, End of the World and Twilight Town.

I think the best case scenario is 7 Disney worlds + Traverse Town + Final original world. And the worst case scenario will be 5 Disney worlds (all announced) + Traverse Town + Final original world.

Wow... How did I even miss this thread? Haven't been keeping up on this project at all since it was first announced and they had shots of Traverse Town. I almost thought it was a straight 3D remake of KH1! Seeing Fantasia, Tron and TWEWY has me mega hyped got damn

Top Bottom