• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3D - Fantasia world revealed

Ezalc

Returning Worlds
The Little Mermaid

The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif

Famassu

Seem that we are getting lesser worlds compare to other games right?

We already know about 3 Musketeers, Fantasia, Tron, Pinocchio, and Hunchback; so the game is coming out in two months so I feel that it's possible that we are getting low amount of worlds compare to other games.
You mean we are two months from release and Nomura hasn't yet spoiled 95% of the game? That's a first...

duckroll

I hope there's another Whatever Garden here, I can't play a Kingdom Hearts game without this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4Nu5LL16eg / http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLVX8VbBvgw

Flashback scenes in Radiant Garden and present day cutscenes in Mickey's castle are confirmed via trailer/screenshots. But there is so far no indication that they are also stages. Just like how Destiny Islands is in BbS as a cutscene only area, and you never get to actually play there at all.

You mean we are two months from release and Nomura hasn't yet spoiled 95% of the game? That's a first...

He has probably spoiled about 65-70% of it already. There will be one more launch trailer before the game is released at the end of March, so I expect that one to contain the remaining 25-30% of the spoilers. :p

kai3345

Banned
Watching the Jump Fiesta 2012 Long Version

Are you going to be capturing party members a la Dragon Quest? I saw pictures of those new rainbow heartless things where the pictures of your party members usually would go.

I hope one of the remaining world is The Great Mouse Detective. We still need the requisite shrinking level, so it might as well be from a movie that contains Vincent Price.

duckroll

Watching the Jump Fiesta 2012 Long Version

Are you going to be capturing party members a la Dragon Quest? I saw pictures of those new rainbow heartless things where the pictures of your party members usually would go.

Yes, your party members are made up of Dream Eaters. The enemy Dream Eaters you fight are "Nightmares", while the ones which you convert to your side to raise are "Spirits". The commands in KH3D this time are also directly linked to raising the Dream Eaters:

kh3d53.jpg

kh3d54.jpg

As you keep a Dream Eater in your party and fight alongside it, your Link Points with that Dream Eater will grow. You then spend the Link Points to redeem commands and abilities in the Ability Link grid. Dream Eaters also level up, learn new abilities, etc.

Berordn

There might be less overall worlds than BbS, but the actual amount of content should be be less by a significant level.

Wait, are you saying there's fewer worlds and less content than BBS? I'm a little confused by your wording.

I hope one of the remaining world is The Great Mouse Detective. We still need the requisite shrinking level, so it might as well be from a movie that contains Vincent Price.

That only happened once. Not that I would argue against its inclusion.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
So no Donald and Goofy? Or is it going to be like DQ8 where you can use either your set party, or the monsters?
I'm pretty sure Donald and Goofy are on the sidelines until the "proper" Kingdom Hearts III.

All of the portable entries have been solo adventures (with some light party stuff in 358/2 Days).

Flashback scenes in Radiant Garden and present day cutscenes in Mickey's castle are confirmed via trailer/screenshots. But there is so far no indication that they are also stages. Just like how Destiny Islands is in BbS as a cutscene only area, and you never get to actually play there at all.

He has probably spoiled about 65-70% of it already. There will be one more launch trailer before the game is released at the end of March, so I expect that one to contain the remaining 25-30% of the spoilers. :p

I'd like a Robin Hood world.

duckroll

Wait, are you saying there's fewer worlds and less content than BBS? I'm a little confused by your wording.

I made a terrible omission of a "not" in that sentence. Sorry. :(

when is this supposed to come out? i can finally join the hype train as i'm getting a 3ds in a couple weeks.

It will be released in Japan on March 29, almost exactly 10 years since KH1 was released in Japan. The US release has been announced but without a date. It could be Summer, or they might hold it back to mirror the 10th Anniversary release format, which would mean a September release.

MooMoo

when is this supposed to come out? i can finally join the hype train as i'm getting a 3ds in a couple weeks.
March 29 in Japan. No release date has been announced for the other regions but given the recent track record I'd expect it to be released in the West during the holiday season this year (i.e. late 2012/early 2013).

Berordn

I made a terrible omission of a "not" in that sentence. Sorry. :(

Ah, I gotcha now. I wouldn't object to a somewhat smaller game after BBS's poor pacing with the three stories and how they overlapped. Monster raising ought to suck up a few hundred hours of my time anyway.

Oh, I was under the impression this WAS KH3. (Terribly uninformed here)

It could have been called KH3 given where it falls in the story, but wasn't. From what's been said, it's a mainline game much like Birth By Sleep, but not numbered as not to confuse or offend console purists.

duckroll

Awesome to see Chernabog back, but this fucker had better make an appearance:

50893_112499_3.jpg

I'm pretty certain now that the scenes in the last trailer of Sora running along a space background with something that looks like a comet trail are indeed from Rite of Spring's opening. Hopefully this does not mean they are omitting the DINOSAURS, because DINOSAURS are cool, and everyone likes DINOSAURS, so there better be DINOSAURS, like you said. :)

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
AHAH! I KNEW Chernabog would be back again! A great big raspberry blown in the face of naysayers. No Firebird though, booo. :(

The Sorcerer's Apprentice bit looks good too, and the enemy/companions keep confusing the fuck out of me. What's the explanation for them this time?

Bebpo

Banned
And this guy would be a really cool addition

150px-Syndrome.jpg

I have this theory that they're saving Pixar for KH3 and that will be the big OMG that makes it feel like a major deal and separates it from all these ones since KH2.

I think KH3 with Toy Story, Wall-E, Monsters Inc, etc... along with some 2d stuff like P&tF will be nice and feel very new and flashy. Especially if it's on an HD system like WiiU/PS3/X360, knowing Square's modelers, the in-game Pixar characters should look pretty damn close to an actual playable Pixar film. Just look what they've done on PS2/PSP/3DS level tech with disney models.

Aeana

Got to wait for our Home on the Range and Recess worlds first! Judging by their bizarrely backwards Disney property prioritizing.

Which one do you feel shouldn't have made it into a KH game before what's being suggested?
I think a lot of people mention Stitch, but Stitch is wildly popular in Japan. Not Lilo & Stitch, just Stitch - he has his own show.

A Recess world would be awesome, but considering they've only just now started dipping into stuff like Direct to DVD releases, I wouldn't hold my breath for any properties based on TV shows.

And Gargoyles should take priority over Recess when/if that day comes :p

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
They need to get Princess and the Frog and Gargoyles done before Keith David retires.

Aeana

I did a rewatch of the Gargoyles series and I was really surprised at how iffy the animation is. In my memories, it was a lot better. (._. ) Still awesome, otherwise, though.

Cedric

Man, I hope they don't reuse Disney worlds again for this one, there are so many great movies to choose from. The Jungle Book (especially since they can't use Tarzan anymore) is such an obvious one. Then you have Pocohantas, Bambi, Dumbo, Robin Hood... Glad they went for Hunchback at least.

and damn, Fantasia world is a dream come true.

Man, I hope they don't reuse Disney worlds again for this one, there are so many great movies to choose from. The Jungle Book (especially since they can't use Tarzan anymore) is such an obvious one. Then you have Pocohantas, Bambi, Dumbo, Robin Hood... Glad they went for Hunchback at least.

and damn, Fantasia world is a dream come true.

Pocahontas and Robin Hood would be great choices!

I really don't know why they haven't used Pixar films yet. And that's without even opening the Marvel can of worms.

But since Nightmare Before Christmas was done and is a thing, I want CORALINE. Let me fight the Beldam! She'd fit right in, and it'd be a great place to reuse concepts like Other Sora Roxas. Instead of collecting eyes, she can collect hearts. It'd be perfect.

Forget Corpse Bride, fuck that shit.

Giard

Aggggh. I didn't want a 3DS before...but now...

Fantasia is by far my favorite Disney movie, and of my favorite movies of all-time.

Oh God. Now I'm 99.9% confident that TWEWY will have a sequel.

It was a great idea from Nomura to put the characters in this game, since KH3D is going to be a big hit for them.

Top Bottom