• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3D - Fantasia world revealed

Kingdom-Hearts-3D-481.jpg

<33333333333333333333333

Never played a KH games, but I will buy the shit out of this game because of the TWEWY characters.
I really loved this image:

822516-GHSG382.jpg

They're going all in on the TWEWY representation.
Also Rhyme is adorable!

VfSJm.jpg

Fanservice overload <3

Ah hell, might as well show off the other two as well:

saiIF.jpg

I miss all of these guys so much.

Famitsu scans are out. Looks like there's definitely more to the Fantasia world than Sorcerer's Apprentice despite the world name.

Fucking amazing, i hope we see all sections of Fantasia. Seeing three of them gives me hope.
Also Sorcerer Mickey is amazing and seeing him in thre screens has made me really happy.

HOWEVER Walt Disney and the 9 old men have to be twisting in their graves. Can fucking square not make mickey's ears be always facing the screen? It has been already done in games for fucks sake.

Thoraxes

In those new screens on Andrisang I saw Olympus. One of the pictures also looks like the starting world from BBS.

Fuuuuuuuuuu-

Seda

I wonder why they didn't go with
the real Shiki though

First of all, spoilers.

Second,
we don't really know what she looks like, face especially.

Third, it seems like they are portrayed as though they are in the middle of the Reaper's game.

In those new screens on Andrisang I saw Olympus.

Fuuuuuuuuuu-

Pretty sure that's just Three Musketeers. They wouldn't stealth reveal a world in a random screenshot.

Second,
we don't really know what she looks like, face especially.
WRONG.

Third, it seems like they are portrayed as though they are in the middle of the Reaper's game.
Yeah the plot seems to follow TWEWY, but Nomura also said there's a reason they're there and Joshua talks like he's aware they're in an alternate dimension in true Joshua fashion. Nomura also said that
there are no Reapers

Thoraxes

Traverse Town AND Olympus? SE, you're too good to us.

I don't mind Traverse Town, but if there's one thing that has ever made me rage over the years at the Kingdom Hearts series, it's Olympus.

I put down BBS for 4 months when I hit Olympus.

What will TWEWY characters do in this?

The first world you visit is
an expanded Traverse Town where the TWEWY characters are trapped as well. Neku asks Sora to be his partner in the game. The crew introduces Sora and Riku to the Dream Eaters and how to use them. Joshua acts like typical Joshua. Nomura says there is a reason they are there.
That's what we know so far.

Pretty sure that's just a fan mockup based on the (very) small bit we saw on her cellphone.

It's not.

Seda

Pretty sure that's just a fan mockup based on the (very) small bit we saw on her cellphone.

Also, that's definitely the Musketeer world:

Country%20of%20the%20Musketeers%2008.jpg

After feeling humilated by being called out as wrong, the TWEWY wiki says:

"Shiki's real form's eyes are never shown. On her phone, they are hidden by a glare. During the credits, only half of her face is shown."

which is what I remember.

Was she shown in full somewhere else?

Salvadora

The first world you visit is
an expanded Traverse Town where the TWEWY characters are trapped as well. Neku asks Sora to be his partner in the game. The crew introduces Sora and Riku to the Dream Eaters and how to use them. Joshua acts like typical Joshua. Nomura says there is a reason they are there.
That's what we know so far.

It's not.

This seems fine. Going back to traverse town is not great though.

MooMoo

After feeling humilated by being called out as wrong, the TWEWY wiki says:

"Shiki's real form's eyes are never shown. On her phone, they are hidden by a glare. During the credits, only half of her face is shown."

which is what I remember.

Was she shown in full somewhere else?
That's what I remember too :p Unless that's officially released art work. But I'm pretty sure that image is fan art.

The TWEWY Wiki removed the image since it came from a site that said it was fanart. Plus, you can tell easily it's an edit. Just look at the lineart on that green coat.

It was presented to me as something from an artbook. If it is confirmed as fanart then my bad, I was tricked.

For the TWEWY characters i just assumed (TWEWY spoilers ahead):

This is just one of the many parallel universes mentioned later in Mr. H's report. Not the very same people from the game.

For the TWEWY characters i just assumed (TWEWY spoilers ahead):

This is just one of the many parallel universes mentioned later in Mr. H's report. Not the very same people from the game.

The characters may hail from one of those parallel universes but Joshua definitely states that they're visitors in that world.

Just watched the TWEWY ending on youtube. Yeah, they don't show Shiki's face entirely.

To clarify, I never said that they showed her face in the actual ending. I thought the artwork was released after the game came out. The different pose and the close resemblance to the official artstyle sold me on it and I recall that it made the rounds as a legitimate piece of official art back in those days. The Wiki talk does seem to have traced it back to a fansite so evidently that was wrong. My bad.

weeaboo

Here are the TWEWY renders

[IMGhttp://images.khinsider.com/Renders/KH3D/NPCs/Neku%20render.png[/IMG][IMGhttp://i.minus.com/ibcDplDSAeqXX5.png[/IMG][IMGhttp://images.khinsider.com/Renders/KH3D/NPCs/Shiki.png[/IMG][IMGhttp://images.khinsider.com/Renders/KH3D/NPCs/Rhyme.png[/IMG][IMGhttp://images.khinsider.com/Renders/KH3D/NPCs/Beat.png[/IMG]

Can't wait for TWEWY2 next year with those models

She no longer looks androgynous?

Hmmm might be on to something, but I think it's more to do with the demeanour/posture. That doesn't give off the same vibes as the Rhyme in TWEWY. Maybe I'm being picky but I'm perfectly okay with the other characters. Just Rhyme that bugs me.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Which one do you feel shouldn't have made it into a KH game before what's being suggested?
I think a lot of people mention Stitch, but Stitch is wildly popular in Japan. Not Lilo & Stitch, just Stitch - he has his own show.

Well I feel some character choices have been a bit odd, like Chicken Little. That Summon's mechanic could've probably fit Robin Hood a lot better to be honest and would've been a nice excuse to KH-ify that classic character. Tron was also a bizarre choice over other Disney properties, despite the cult following it had (the original film didn't do so well) I just think other more classic worlds and characters could've taken priority over those (and from my understanding Birth By Sleep has a couple of the ones I would've picked, so it doesn't matter so much now really). Anyway I was only half joking, it's still great to see a lot of these Disney properties get realised.

Jungle Book was started on for BbS but scrapped - I will be deeply saddened if it doesn't make it's way into this game.

I wonder why they didn't go with the
real Shiki
though.

Well all we've seen of Shiki is the one we see now so I don't see why they'd use the real one. Not to mention this is during the Reaper game, as you can tell with Neku having a timer on his hand in previous pics/the trailer. Plus, would it be possible for the characters to use their attacks and stuff if they weren't in the UM? Because realistically they should all be dead besides Joshua, but I'm not sure how things'll turn out if Sora and Riku can see them...

Also I just wanna say I like all the 3D renders for the TWEWY characters (they all look like they're anorexic besides Beat and maybe Rhyme though) but Joshua seems off for some reason. He just seemed a little more...pretty boyish in the actual game.

WorldEndsWithYouJoshua.png

Joshua_2.jpg

There's confusion in my soul.

I SHOULD be excited for the next Kingdom Hearts. The next Kingdom Hearts from The Birth By Sleep team.

But. But something inside me tingles for what this means for the future of The World Ends With You.

There's confusion in my soul.

I SHOULD be excited for the next Kingdom Hearts. The next Kingdom Hearts from The Birth By Sleep team.

But. But something inside me tingles for what this means for the future of The World Ends With You.

Perhaps if you buy this game and the reception towards the TWEWY characters is good, they'll consider making a TWEWY2 soon :p

Top Bottom