• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3D - Fantasia world revealed

duckroll

Next week's Jump is officially unveiling two new worlds. The first is a world already seen in the previous trailer - the Tron Legacy world. The other world is Symphony of Sorcery - a world based on Fantasia. It is unclear if it is the entire Fantasia movie they are using, or simply the Sorceror's Apprentice. The screens so far show Riku in front of a book with musical notes coming out of it, and another screen with Mickey as the Sorcerer's Apprentice commanding an army of broomsticks.

Hope it includes this...
ws4hN.jpg

Emitan

This is what happens when people like you start posting on threads only because the games are on a Nintendo system, instead of actually being fans of the series in the first place. :p

Because Kingdom Hearts fans set such high standards for themselves :p

Foffy

Banned
This is what happens when people like you start posting on threads only because the games are on a Nintendo system, instead of actually being fans of the series in the first place. :p

Hey, if he were to base the whole series on the releases for the Nintendo-oriented platforms...he would have a hard time liking the franchise. ;_;

DR2K

Banned

Most people aren't even aware that KH started on a console.

duckroll

You could get five or more worlds out of Fantasia.

Not really. I think you would need five or more of the segments to make a proper world though. I mean, does anyone REALLY want to play a "world" which is just 2 rooms in Sorcerer's Apprentice? I wouldn't. A series of areas each with totally different themes would be very cool though.

This sounds cool. I rather they make the Tron Legacy world crazy big though.

I think the Tron Legacy world is one that they're putting extra effort into. So far it's the only world where the characters have different costumes while inside it.

Hey, I never posted in the DS KH topics.
:p
Honestly, I really always liked the concept, but never bothered to give the series a try (and it wasn't for lack of owning a console capable of playing them).

duckroll

Hey, I never posted in the DS KH topics.
:p
Honestly, I really always liked the concept, but never bothered to give the series a try (and it wasn't for lack of owning a console capable of playing them).

Nah, we know why you're really here. Just to champion another "big" third party Nintendo exclusive. Don't try to hide it, everyone knows.

LOCK

The Mickey Fantasia stuff is probably more for marketing the game. I'm really hyped about Tron world though.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Not really. I think you would need five or more of the segments to make a proper world though. I mean, does anyone REALLY want to play a "world" which is just 2 rooms in Sorcerer's Apprentice? I wouldn't. A series of areas each with totally different themes would be very cool though.
When you factor in Fantasia 2000, there's a lot of segments to pull from though.
Can't be too hard to create a world more visually varied and interesting than Tron: Legacy!

Levyne

Banned
Wait I thought we knew this? I thought I saw media from the Yen Sid part of the film (enchanted brooms)

Still, yay!

abasm

Birth by Sleep looked pretty cool, what with the disappointing DS entries, but I refuse to buy any PSP game that I can't play on the Vita somewhere down the road. If this game carries a lot of the same improvements, I'll probably pick it up.

Birth by Sleep looked pretty cool, what with the disappointing DS entries, but I refuse to buy any PSP game that I can't play on the Vita somewhere down the road. If this game carries a lot of the same improvements, I'll probably pick it up.

This game is probably closer to the PSP game than the DS ones. The first DS game was more of a sidestory while the second was just a port of a cellphone game in Japan.

Resilient

I'm wondering if based on the name of the world ,whether it could be a minigame driven world like Atlantica in KH2.

Please no. KH2 Atlantica was wasted potential. I didn't like the musical mini game, but I really disliked the fact that we never saw another Atlantica world as in KH1. Underwater combat was great, and the Heartless designs in that world were awesome too.

If it's anything like BBS (Which it looks like it is) then this will be the best 3DS game on the market

Perhaps it was a big booboo on their end as such a fight didn't exist in the original Japanese release, if I recall. Maybe it was an error that they didn't make an entry for that new fight, but for all of the others.

No, Chernabog existed in the original Japanese version, but they used standard boss fight music for him, and everyone was all 'How can you use freakin' Chernabog and not include Night on Bald Mountain?'

So that's why Night of Bald Mountain is only included in the Final Mix section of the KH OSTs.

DarkPanda

I wonder if Yen Sid will be part of the world or not. I know he had his own place in other KH games, but Sorcerer's Apprentice is where he originated.

Blame Disney. It's entangled in some kind of copyright deal Square has with them, and Disney is afraid of piracy or something. I wish I can get digital BBS also.

Resilient

Disappointing to who? For what they were, they were good. And what a bizarre reason to not pick up one of the PSPs best titles...

Berordn

Even if this ends up being a terrible minigame world, this is the best thing ever.

What wasted potential. He's too awesome to just be an obstacle.

That was oddly never in enemy journal after you beat him.
I do want to fight Dinosaurs though, barring that a giant Steve Martin if they cop out and use 2000 instead.

He was originally the final boss from what I remember from interviews, so the game sort of treated him like one, except for where he came out of nowhere. Would've been nice if he ended up being the leader of the heartless or something, he surely fit it aesthetically.

This game is probably closer to the PSP game than the DS ones. The first DS game was more of a sidestory while the second was just a port of a cellphone game in Japan.

It was significantly more than a port of coded. They remembered to make Re:coded an actual game.

He was originally the final boss from what I remember from interviews, so the game sort of treated him like one, except for where he came out of nowhere. Would've been nice if he ended up being the leader of the heartless or something, he surely fit it aesthetically.

IIRC, the game was originally supposed to end after beating Dragon Maleficent at Hollow Bastion, but when they wrote Ansem into the game and added End of the World, the dev team decided to throw in Chernabog as well. (I think he was thrown in at the last minute as well, leading to the aforementioned music situation between the US and JP versions.)

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
The second of my top three has been secured. Now all they need to visit is The Rescuers and then we'll be in business.

Berordn

IIRC, the game was originally supposed to end after beating Dragon Maleficent at Hollow Bastion, but when they wrote Ansem into the game and added End of the World, the dev team decided to throw in Chernabog as well. (I think he was thrown in at the last minute as well, leading to the aforementioned music situation between the US and JP versions.)

Now that you mention it, I remember that too. I could swear I read that bit about Chernabog before but now I can't find it.

What? I'm trying not to have anymore world's spoiled for this game. :\

It's not really a spoiler if it's officially revealed though.

Top Bottom