• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3D - Fantasia world revealed

lol, im doing a big project of Walt Disney classic movies before 1959 for History of Cinema class, that I have to due for tomorrow (today really). It 6 am here right now and i havent sleep.
I go to neogaf to realax a little, blam, Fantasia world in KH3DS.

Well, thats a nice choice, i hope they feature the Stokowski tracks.

hatchx

Banned
Announcement of new level screenshots thread worthy?

Must be quite a series. I couldn't play the first one for more than 20 minutes without chucking the controller.

Neki

Announcement of new level screenshots thread worthy?

Must be quite a series. I couldn't play the first one for more than 20 minutes without chucking the controller.

Worlds are a huge element of Kingdom Hearts, that's why. :p

the "passive" aggresiveness in this thread is [un]surprising

And referring to it without quoting it or specifically calling anyone out isn't? lol.

Anyhow, so glad to see Fantasia make a comeback, and yeah, I hope they bring Czernobog/Chernabog back. It's not like they haven't recycled/remixed any other KH bosses before.

Oh my. What a thought.

I hope you get to turn into Dinosaurs. Knowing my luck though, it will probably be some cherubs or satyrs or something.

Perhaps you could even become... A GOD.

xSgVOl.jpg

How many more worlds can they fit in?

How many are supposed to be in the game?

I'm personally tired of the Alice in Wonderland, Aladdin, and Hercules worlds in most of the games

I'm personally tired of the Alice in Wonderland, Aladdin, and Hercules worlds in most of the games

I think someone told me in another thread that they're supposed to have all new worlds in this game and no old ones.

Neki

Especially if you've played 358/2 days, rofl. Add in Twilight Town and Traverse Town to the list too.

I think someone told me in another thread that they're supposed to have all new worlds in this game and no old ones.

Sweet! They could use new Disney worlds in every game and still have plenty of material for dozens of KH games.

Whoever said the Rescuers that would be really awesome. So would Atlantis or Treasure Planet.

duckroll

I'll say at most 7-8 worlds. At least 6-7 worlds. They've revealed 5 so far. Oh, I'm not counting "original" worlds which aren't based on anything from Disney.

Man, I must be the worst KH fan ever if this is true. Never knew about this one.

Knowing Nomura though, will probably see at least some of the same places.

I suspect that Castle Oblivion will put in an appearance. Given that it appeared in the last game where both Sora and Riku were playable, it'd be appropriate to have them both end up there, I think.

Man, I must be the worst KH fan ever if this is true. Never knew about this one.

Knowing Nomura though, will probably see at least some of the same places.

We still have Traverse Town, even with all of its fancy new districts. Space Paranoids might not be considered "new" either, and if you really want to stretch it, there's also Prankster's Paradise as an extension of Monstro.

But this is all really reaching here. I for one hope that we're not going to the goddamn Olympus Coliseum again.

duckroll

We still have Traverse Town, even with all of its fancy new districts. Space Paranoids might not be considered "new" either, and if you really want to stretch it, there's also Prankster's Paradise as an extension of Monstro.

But this is all really reaching here. I for one hope that we're not going to the goddamn Olympus Coliseum again.

Prankster's Paradise is NOT an extension of Monstro. Monstro is also in the world, but they're not inside him. I don't know why people keep saying that!

The most frustrating thing is that Aladdin has a great EU, and they won't use anything that wasn't in the movies. Mechanicles, Mirage, Mozenrath, Ayam Aghoul... it's a shame they just ignore it.

The most frustrating thing is that Aladdin has a great EU, and they won't use anything that wasn't in the movies. Mechanicles, Mirage, Mozenrath, Ayam Aghoul... it's a shame they just ignore it.

Because nobody's heard of the crap from the TV show.

Prankster's Paradise is NOT an extension of Monstro. Monstro is also in the world, but they're not inside him. I don't know why people keep saying that!

Well, that's why I'm saying that I was really stretching it. I don't have that opinion myself, but I've seen this twisted logic being applied in several places.

duckroll

Well, that's why I'm saying that I was really stretching it. I don't have that opinion myself, but I've seen this twisted logic being applied in several places.

Well, I think it's fair to say that it's a repeated use of a movie. Just like Neverland in BbS. Nomura never said that they don't reuse movies or franchises. I think there's a misunderstanding in the "new worlds" thing. When he says that a game will use brand new worlds, he means that it is planned and designed like the main KH games, where they're not looking to totally reuse assets and ideas to create a spinoff.

For example, BbS had Radiant Garden, Olympus, and Neverland which were based on stuff that has appeared before in the series. But the actual content in the worlds are new. Olympus is always fucking lazy though, so I really hope they don't do that again. It's never the same, yet ALWAYS a waste of time. :(

I hope that clears it up for those people wondering about "brand new worlds".

GDGF

Soothsayer
A whole new world. A dazzling place I never knew. But when I'm way up here, It's crystal clear, that now I'm in a whole new world with you.

Seda

I watched the heck out of the Aladdin TV show, I loved it as a kid. 2nd and 3rd movies too.

I wonder how it holds up.

I watched the heck out of the Aladdin TV show, I loved it as a kid. 2nd and 3rd movies too.

I wonder how it holds up.

Looking at some Youtube videos, the animation quality varied wildly (different studios animated different episodes, I presume), so some of it looks way too squash-stretch and doesn't hold up. Still like some of the ideas and characters, though.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
This is what happens when people like you start posting on threads only because the games are on a Nintendo system, instead of actually being fans of the series in the first place. :p

Nah, we know why you're really here. Just to champion another "big" third party Nintendo exclusive. Don't try to hide it, everyone knows.
Mmmmm. I wish I was a mod.
mpgBk.gif

I wonder how the Tron Legacy world will work. In KHII, Tron says he and the whole system was a direct copy of the ENCOM system. I can see Quorra being there. But how will they implement the likes of CLU and/or the Flynn's.

I thought Olympus was fine in KH1, back when you actually got rewards for the assorted challenges there, had superbosses, et cetera. The Mirage Arena in BBS is the best approximation of this, and even that's not quite as good.

badcrumble said:
I thought Olympus was fine in KH1, back when you actually got rewards for the assorted challenges there, had superbosses, et cetera. The Mirage Arena in BBS is the best approximation of this, and even that's not quite as good.
I miss being able to fight Squall and Yuffie in order to get Strike Raid.

Especially satisfying if you do it as early as possible.

This is a great addition!
I'm still hoping for a Robin Hood world, but probably this will be the last Disney world revealed... By the way, it's a nice choice, but now Mickey Mouse will be present in three different forms in the game?

I'm still hoping for a Robin Hood world, but probably this will be the last Disney world revealed... By the way, it's a nice choice, but now Mickey Mouse will be present in three different forms in the game?

He's already been present in tons of assorted costumes so far.

duckroll

If this is the last Disney world, then this will be the smallest major KH game ever.

Wouldn't this just be Yen Sid's Tower? Or some hidden areas we haven't seen from it? Maybe a past version of it with Mickey dressed in his Sorcerer's get up kind of like Timeless River was a past version of Disney Castle.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
But that was already in KH1.

To be fair, there is almost a certain guarantee he'll reappear considering the rate of repeated worlds and characters the games have used. ;o

I want The Firebird Suite though, damnit. A boss fight against the Firebird would be fucking epic.

To be fair, there is almost a certain guarantee he'll reappear considering the rate of repeated worlds and characters the games have used. ;o

I want The Firebird Suite though, damnit. A boss fight against the Firebird would be fucking epic.
So why didn't he reappear in the five previous games, two of which rehash the first game completely. :p

Top Bottom