• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3D - Fantasia world revealed

I think the best case scenario is 7 Disney worlds + Traverse Town + Final original world. And the worst case scenario will be 5 Disney worlds (all announced) + Traverse Town + Final original world.

And the final world is reeeeeeally likely to be Castle Oblivion the way things are looking. Which would mean at least two non-new worlds.

Berordn

And the final world is reeeeeeally likely to be Castle Oblivion the way things are looking. Which would mean at least two non-new worlds.

It's possible, since it hasn't appeared in a mainline title yet, but unless something happens in the game that I've missed so far, it's currently unoccupied by... things that are awake. I'm probably just being too hopeful that we'll see a new world, but they've never featured anything but new locations for the final world.

duckroll

I don't think Castle Oblivion will be the final world. We should get tons of cutscenes from CO, but those events will simply be taking place while Sora and Riku are having their Mark of Mastery adventure.

We saw glimpses of CG where
Sora, Riku, and Mickey appear to be fighting Xenahort
in what kind of looks like
The World of Darkness
. I have a feeling those clips are from the ending movie.

duckroll

The World of Darkness

No, those are all the opening. They're just scenes of the characters in KH3D interacting with scenes of the past from previous KH games as far as we know. It's a sort of homage to all past KH games, while Mickey is "conducting" the scenes from the bottom screen, ala Sorcerer's Apprentice.

The World of Darkness

That was actually
The Keyblade Graveyard from Birth by Sleep.
And I'm pretty sure the CG bits are from the opening and are supposed to serve as a bit of a bite sized recap of the series up until now. (Similar to KHII recapping KH1 and Chain of Memories in it's CG opening.)

Though, to be fair, I don't recall that Xehanort bit happening anywhere in the series either. Probably just supposed to be eye candy, though.

Link in my pm box pls :X

No need for PM, just look at the long Jump Festa 2011 Trailer.

00:06 - Master Xenahort.
00:12 - In what looks like the same scene, Mickey leaps at someone with Keyblade drawn.
00:14 - Sora and Riku are standing in either the World of Darkness or possibly the Keyblade Graveyard, looking around in confusion. Then Master Xenahort materializes behind them.

05:16 - Again looks like the same scene. Mickey drops down with his Keyblade and looks up at something.
05:18 - Cut to Master Xenahort looking particularly sinister.
05:19 - Mickey appears to jump up at Xenahort.
05:20 - Riku and Sora leap into action behind Mickey.

Though, to be fair, I don't recall that Xehanort bit happening anywhere in the series either. Probably just supposed to be eye candy, though.
This is why I think it's either from the ending movie, or Nomura spoiling the ending in the intro, which would not be particularly shocking.

I don't think Castle Oblivion will be the final world. We should get tons of cutscenes from CO, but those events will simply be taking place while Sora and Riku are having their Mark of Mastery adventure.

Why don't you think it'll be the final world? Plenty of elements are pointing toward making that the climax of many trends in the story, unless you think that'll get saved for KH3 somehow. IIRC Aqua is the only person who can restore it to the World of Departure, but the trailers for Dream Drop Distance sure have made it look like practically every plot point that one would've expected for KH3 is actually happening in this game, so why not that one, too?

edit: yeah, the opening FMV isn't proof of anything. It's just a montage of what's been going on in the other games, much like KH2 started with a montage of events from KH1 and Chain of Memories.

This is why I think it's either from the ending movie, or Nomura spoiling the ending in the intro, which would not be particularly shocking.

I wouldn't really read too much into it. Birth by Sleep's intro had a few scenes that never took place in the actual game, too. (Ven and Terra running through the halls of Castle Oblivion, for example)

I wouldn't really read too much into it. Birth by Sleep's intro had a few scenes that never took place in the actual game, too. (Ven and Terra running through the halls of Castle Oblivion, for example)

Fair enough. It's a really mean tease though, if it's not actually related to anything that happens in the game.

edit: yeah, the opening FMV isn't proof of anything. It's just a montage of what's been going on in the other games, much like KH2 started with a montage of events from KH1 and Chain of Memories.
Most of the other CG scenes are easily traceable to events from other games, but those particular bits never happened anywhere.

duckroll

Why don't you think it'll be the final world? Plenty of elements are pointing toward making that the climax of many trends in the story, unless you think that'll get saved for KH3 somehow. IIRC Aqua is the only person who can restore it to the World of Departure, but the trailers for Dream Drop Distance sure have made it look like practically every plot point that one would've expected for KH3 is actually happening in this game, so why not that one, too?

I don't think CO will be a stage in the game because I don't think the game will really advance beyond Sora and Riku coming out of the Dream Worlds and becoming Keyblade Masters. I think that is the logical ending for KH3D, and KH3 will be about Sora as a Master going on the actual quest to stop Xehanort once and for all, while saving all his friends along the way.

While Sora and Riku are undergoing the Mark of Mastery, many events will be occurring in the real worlds, which will set the stage for KH3, but it doesn't mean that Sora and Riku will ever interact with these elements, nor will they have a major influence on the Dream Worlds.

Most of the other CG scenes are easily traceable to events from other games, but those particular bits never happened anywhere.

Yes, after watching that particular scene again, I think the CG is hinting at a climatic scene in KH3D. Maybe at the end of the trials a ghostly memory of Master Xehanort prevents then from leaving the Dream World, and Mickey goes in to help them.

I don't think CO will be a stage in the game because I don't think the game will really advance beyond Sora and Riku coming out of the Dream Worlds and becoming Keyblade Masters. I think that is the logical ending for KH3D, and KH3 will be about Sora as a Master going on the actual quest to stop Xehanort once and for all, while saving all his friends along the way.

While Sora and Riku are undergoing the Mark of Mastery, many events will be occurring in the real worlds, which will set the stage for KH3, but it doesn't mean that Sora and Riku will ever interact with these elements, nor will they have a major influence on the Dream Worlds.

Yes, after watching that particular scene again, I think the CG is hinting at a climatic scene in KH3D. Maybe at the end of the trials a ghostly memory of Master Xehanort prevents then from leaving the Dream World, and Mickey goes in to help them.

Eh, don't forget that the game was *going* to have a really strange ending. I doubt that it'll be as pat as just beating the worlds and leaving.

duckroll

Eh, don't forget that the game was *going* to have a really strange ending. I doubt that it'll be as pat as just beating the worlds and leaving.

I don't subscribe to Nomura overhype, the game will be traditional, and the ending will just be a cliffhanger. That's my personal belief. That is good enough for me anyway.

I hope it's the real thing, and the heroes just barely manage to escape with their lives or something. Great way to set up for III.

duckroll

I hope it's the real thing, and the heroes just barely manage to escape with their lives or something. Great way to set up for III.

Does it really matter if it's "real" or not? Everything in KH is real or fake depending on how you look at it, and everything is dangerous or safe depending on your perspective. Lololol.

Let's think about it this way. No one in Kingdom Hearts ever dies. No one. They "die" and then there are all sorts of rules made up such that they can come back, and if they DIE SOME MORE, they COME BACK FOR REAL!

Loooooooool. :(

I don't subscribe to Nomura overhype, the game will be traditional, and the ending will just be a cliffhanger. That's my personal belief. That is good enough for me anyway.

ha ha yes

a kingdom hearts game will have a normal plot and a cohesive, easy-to-understand resolution

good one

Berordn

ha ha yes

a kingdom hearts game will have a normal plot and a cohesive, easy-to-understand resolution

good one

Aside from the side stories, the resolutions are pretty easy to comprehend. KH1, Sora saves the world but has to save Riku and Mickey. KH2, everyone lives happily ever after. BBS, Terra becomes the host for Xehanort and he makes all this shit happen.

In KH3D, they might save Ven and Aqua, they might not, but no matter what happens, Xehanort will get away to enact his final plan.

Aside from the side stories, the resolutions are pretty easy to comprehend. KH1, Sora saves the world but has to save Riku and Mickey. KH2, everyone lives happily ever after. BBS, Terra becomes the host for Xehanort and he makes all this shit happen.

Both resolutions are (or at least can be) promptly followed by a scene featuring several nondescript figures fighting for god knows why with quotes featuring text that doesn't make a lick of sense.

duckroll

ha ha yes

good one

That's not what I said. I said that the game itself is going to follow basically what everyone expects, and the ending will be a cliffhanger that leads into KH3. None of that indicates that the actual writing will be concise and simple, or that it is going to be easy to understand.

Here's what everyone expected BbS to be about:
Origin story of a time before Sora and Riku. Master Xehanort tempts Terra and somehow takes over his body and he loses his memory and is taken in by Ansem. The other two characters will somehow disappear from the plot. Ventus is somehow connected deeply to Sora. The game will end with the cutscenes from The Gathering and Birth By Sleep.

And what did we get when BbS game out? That exact thing, with more details here and there. Come on now. :p

Famassu

I haven't watched the Jump Festa trailer in a while, but isn't there a short clip with Sora that seem to imply he's gone into some world from which he can't get out of? Could be that, in the end, their one big problem will be simply getting out of the dream worlds and maybe some big bad being in their way.

Top Bottom