• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"A Streetcar Named Marge" is the best Simpson's episode ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great episode but Last Exit To Springfield is best.

I mean that single episode had Don Homer.

Then I put a onion on my belt, Which was the style at the time.....

The big book of British smiles.

"It was the best of times, It was the blurst of times"

The first thing Im gonna do tomorrow is punch lenny in the back of the head... (immediately cuts to lenny getting punched in the back of the head)

Lisa needs braces.

And a bunch more moments.

That era of Simpsons had many classics though so I guess its ok to fight about it.

Bart vs. Australia is easily my favorite. Especially the first 5 minutes or so. There's literally something truly funny that happens every fifteen seconds or less.

Just thinking about that guy floating on top of his house in a lava disaster makes me giggle like an idiot. Same with the conversation between the Australian dad and Bart/Bart's receptions/Burt Stanton.

"Hello Ma'am."

"I uh HEY!"

J2 Cool

Homer's Enemy is the best episode!

Grimes: I have had to work hard everyday of my life and what do I have to show for it? This briefcase and this haircut! And what do you have to show for you lifetime of sloth and ignorance?

Homer: What?

Grimes: Everything! A dream house, two cars, a beautiful wife, a son who owns a factory, fancy clothes, and (sniffs) lobsters for dinner!

Ha ha!

Grimes: You? Went into outer space? You?

Homer: Suure.... You've never been?

The Lady GaGa episode from last season is the best episode ever.

BcS.gif

"You Only Move Twice" is my favourite, just has me constantly laughing. "A Streetcar Named Marge" is a pretty awesome episode too though, those first 10 seasons and just all brilliant

Best? Dunno.

But as the Simpsons often have done, it made me aware of A Streetcar Named Desire. Watching the Simpsons is the best way to learn about classics in movies, television and songs. Fact.

GQman2121

Banned
Mountain of Madness is not mentioned in the first 50 replies. :(

I don't know about my favorite, but its in the discussion.

Nert

My favorite may be "Homer's Enemy" with Frank "Grimey" Grimes.

Homer's Enemy is the best episode!

Grimes: I have had to work hard everyday of my life and what do I have to show for it? This briefcase and this haircut! And what do you have to show for you lifetime of sloth and ignorance?

Homer: What?

Grimes: Everything! A dream house, two cars, a beautiful wife, a son who owns a factory, fancy clothes, and (sniffs) lobsters for dinner!

Ha ha!

Grimes: You? Went into outer space? You?

Homer: Suure.... You've never been?

Yep, Homer's Enemy is my favorite too.

I absolutely love Kent Brockman describing how Grimes learned to "feel pain again" during his recovery.

Ondore

I'm a sucker for Homer vs. The Eighteenth Amendment. We still use "going out, not back avenge death" all the time at my apartment.

I WILL NOT DEFAME NEW ORLEANS

J2 Cool

Mountain of Madness is not mentioned in the first 50 replies. :(

I don't know about my favorite, but its in the discussion.

It was my next entry I thought hard about including. It's definitely great, high up there. Not sure if it's one my absolute favorites or if I just go done watch it a week ago though.

At some point I'll probably go into my unabashed love of Season 2 as well. Before they hit their comedy stride (still great stuff), when the stories were sappy but very good drama, and they were creating classic characters as they went. It also holds a nostalgia with me, that by season 3 has simmered quite a bit. Season 1 is almost all nostalgia, though Roasting on an Open Fire, Moaning Lisa, and Life on the Fast Lane are still quite good. Season 2 comparatively though is very watchable and great.

ReiGun

So many great episodes, hard to pick a favorite. Here's some I really liked of the top of my head

You Only Move Twice
Marge vs. The Monorail
Homer the Great
Bart's Comet

These and "Bart Sells His Soul" are some of my faves, though I have a ton of favorite Simpsons episodes. lol

I can't believe I'm the only one to mention Secrets of a Successful Marriage. It has a golden joke every ten seconds.

It also has perhaps my favourite laugh out loud moment 'You mean I'm gonna be daddy? I hope we stay together forever...forever...forever....forever?'

J2 Cool

Lisa on Ice may be the funniest episode of the series. You Only Move Twice is a really good pure comedy episode too.

You Only Move Twice for the laughs, Mother Simpson for the heart, and Duffless and And Maggie Makes Three for the best synthesis of the two.

And Maggie Makes Three is probably my overall favourite.

Salsa

Sculli's constant push of The Secrets of a Successful Marriage is making me laugh more than the episode :b

nedhomer4.jpg

"Homer, I think we hit something."
"I hope it's Flanders!" (Homer starts cracking up)

That will always, always be my favorite Simpsons quote. It's not witty, it's not snarky, it was just so unexpected and hilarious.

You Only Move Twice is the best episode, but I almost feel that it cheated because of how brilliant Al Brooks was.

Of course, most of that can be put down to the writing, but his delivery on each and every one of his lines is magnificent.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
My top 3. All from season 8 oddly enough.

The_Simpsons_3F24.png

"El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer (The Mysterious Voyage of Homer)"

Scorpio_with_Bont.png

"You Only Move Twice"

iJuHD.jpg

"Homer Vs The Eighteenth Amendment"

Kwhit10

When I was a kid "Girly Edition" was my personal favorite. I haven't really watched the show in a long time though.

Wool

Last Exit to Springfield is my #1, but I am disappointed no one has mentioned Duffless

-the "when I was 17" song
-my name is otto, I like to get blotto
-the other day I was so desperate for a beer and I ate the dirt under the bleachers

etc. Also one of the more touching episodes.

protectedimage.php

Astra

I love the dentist in Last Exit to Springfield.

"Maggie's teeth are coming in crooked. Has she been sucking on... a pacifier?"

"Not to my knowledge"

"LIAR!"

Also love the PTA Disbands.

"Oh my God, the PTA has disbanded!"

qSPQU.gif

"No no, the PTA has not disbanded!"

zqYpB.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom