• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Announcement: The Simpsons (House and Collectible Minifigures)

Status
Not open for further replies.

explodet

When did anyone play piano?
Just a handful of times.

Those_were_the_days.jpg

Boy, the way the Bee Gees played
Movies John Travolta made
Guessing how much Elvis weighed
Those were the days!

krae_man

Baby on Board, something something Burt Ward.

When Marge was practicing for A Streetcar Named Desire

eWNcE1p.jpg

Oh and that time Homer played Piani.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Beautiful set, but the eyes are terrible. At first I was wondering if they have moveable eyelids, but it doesn't look like it. Maybe the normal-eyed Simpsons will be part of the collectible minifigure line. Clever girl, LEGO.

Also if you want this, buy it. Collector-oriented store/site exclusive LEGO sets like this one do not drop in price, they do not go on clearance, they do not pop up at Target for less. It is highly, highly unlikely that this set will ever go for less than retail, and I would expect to see it triple in price within three or four years after ceasing production (LEGO sets generally stay in production for about 2 years). This will be like the Ultimate Collector's Series Millennium Falcon, which retailed for $400 but now sells for around $2500. If you want this set, do not wait too long.

Beautiful set, but the eyes are terrible. At first I was wondering if they have moveable eyelids, but it doesn't look like it. Maybe the normal-eyed Simpsons will be part of the collectible minifigure line. Clever girl, LEGO.

Also if you want this, buy it. Collector-oriented store/site exclusive LEGO sets like this one do not drop in price, they do not go on clearance, they do not pop up at Target for less. It is highly, highly unlikely that this set will ever go for less than retail, and I would expect to see it triple in price within three or four years after ceasing production (LEGO sets generally stay in production for about 2 years). This will be like the Ultimate Collector's Series Millennium Falcon, which retailed for $400 but now sells for around $2500. If you want this set, do not wait too long.

Nah, I expect to be able to get this for less than $200. No reason to get it right away. Hold out for a sale I say. All the modulars, Death Star and other high end Star Wars and other sets have all gone on sale.

Picked it up today at the Lego store at 30 Rock. The box is a lot bigger than I thought it would be.

I've only put together the car, Homer, Bart and some of the outside furniture. Really a great set so far.

neonglow

What do you mean it doesn't work like that anymore? If you're referring to the standard 10% coupon, I'm not even factoring that in. Heck, over the Christmas holiday, I was able to get Back to the Future for $22.

LEGO has forced retailers to no longer discount the high priced exclusives. That means no more discounts on the 10xxx sets like the modulars or UCS Star Wars as well as sets like this Simpsons house. These sets are all excluded from the 10% off coupon.

Finding a deal is not impossible, but it's much harder nowadays.

Goldrusher

But... it's $300? Really? Three hundred? Unless there's a silk surplus and Nixon's gonna send us all a check, I can't spend $300 on LEGO! Is that seriously the actual price?

Press release said $200:

The LEGO THE SIMPSONS house will be available February 1st in LEGO retail outlets for $199.99 (USD). The line of LEGO THE SIMPSONS minfigures will launch in May 2014 in all major toy retailers for $3.99 (USD) each.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...e-simpsons-branded-merchandise-239299411.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom