• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Announcement: The Simpsons (House and Collectible Minifigures)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazunta

I have no idea how I'm going to explain to the wife that I'm buying this day one when she got me a Lego Death Star for Christmas that is not even a quarter built yet :p

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Well considering EA has the Simpsons License they don't currently hold the Lego games license(Warner right now?), so it's probably not that simple.

LEGO Marvel was just released using characters that Activision was still publishing games for.
WB also published LEGO LotR despite EA having that license.

UberTag

I'm kind of underwhelmed.
No Santa's Little Helper or Snowball II.
No sax for Lisa. (A camera? Whose bright idea was that? Even Marge is more of a camera afficionado than her daughter is given her journalist/art pedigree in high school.)
The facial expressions all look like ass (except for Maggie).
None of the rooms actually look the way they're supposed to due to the fact that the outer beige color of the house hasn't been replaced with the interior pink shade of most of their walls.
We don't even get the famous corn cob curtains in the kitchen.

Quibble about the rumpus room all you want but some of these other omissions are just heinous. Especially for $200.

krae_man

No sax for Lisa.
None of the rooms actually look the way they're supposed to due to the fact that the outer beige color of the house hasn't been replaced with the interior pink shade of most of their walls.

Well, those will probably be in the $4 extra figure set(no doubt blind box/bag).

Edit: Also, the Saxophone is there.

It's on a sticker on the wall

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
image2wlsst.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oedipus

No sax for Lisa. (A camera? Whose bright idea was that? Even Marge is more of a camera afficionado than her daughter is given her journalist/art pedigree in high school.)

Quibble about the rumpus room all you want but some of these other omissions are just heinous. Especially for $200.

Actually you are getting a lot for $200, especially for licensed theme. There are going to be collectible mini figures series which I am sure they will expand if this if it's popular.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Weird that all the prototype minifigs have alright eyes and then BAM the final versions have the high eyes.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Something tells me that the seperate figures will have normal eyes. You know, making people buy them twice.

Yeah, sounds like the kind of thing they'd do.

We even know there is now a proper saxophone piece thanks to the latest CMF series.
K7M2XWt.jpg

Rather than the brick one from the Winter Village Post Office.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
At least in the USA, it seems that this set is going to be available this Friday for LEGO VIP members. VIP is a free rewards program with purchases from LEGO online or regular stores.

Pagusas

Elden Member
So dissapointed in lego, this could have been awesome, instead its a barebones, no space, terrible layout version to tiny to look right or be fun to use. I get that they have to fit it into a budget, but this thing really should be double the size, with interior walls to make the rooms look right, extra space, and actually match the look of the house (they missed the whole area over the top of the garage)

At least in the USA, it seems that this set is going to be available this Friday for LEGO VIP members. VIP is a free rewards program with purchases from LEGO online or regular stores.

Does that allow you to get it early, or just allow you to preorder before everyone else?

mrkgoo

Something tells me that the seperate figures will have normal eyes. You know, making people buy them twice.

I imagine it's the case but not to make people but them twice, but to make the regular ones accessible and the bigger set have some sort of exclusive.

Vyer

So dissapointed in lego, this could have been awesome, instead its a barebones, no space, terrible layout version to tiny to look right or be fun to use. I get that they have to fit it into a budget, but this thing really should be double the size, with interior walls to make the rooms look right, extra space, and actually match the look of the house (they missed the whole area over the top of the garage)

Wouldn't it then cost $1000

mrkgoo

Wouldn't it then cost $1000
Nah, the $1000 set will be the Homer (car) from Powell automobiles.

People say they 'get' why something needs to be on a budget or needs to have fun play activities, but there're always sacrifices to be made.

I just wonder if certain other sacrifices should have been made, such as not limiting it to a fold open set. Just a facade could have had it look great AND be fun to play n

Easily over 1k? If you really believed this you'd be emptying your bank account. It's only going to be worth as much as somebody is willing to pay for it and I doubt this will be as desirable with how fucked up the characters look.

I just saw this response.

You have absolutely no idea what the fuck you are talking about. The value of this set will likely surpass modulars and perhaps even Star Wars sets once it goes OOP.

explodet

ieJNbchxXoVL7.gif

Am I going to have to muscle my way through scalper country in order to get one of these? Or does the LEGO store have preorders?

Morts

Anyone know if Amazon is typically good at getting licensed Lego stuff like this? I have around $100 in credit so I'd love to preorder it there but they don't have a listing for it yet.

Anyone know if Amazon is typically good at getting licensed Lego stuff like this? I have around $100 in credit so I'd love to preorder it there but they don't have a listing for it yet.

It is a LEGO store exclusive, so it will take a bit of time before Amazon themselves get it. Some third party sellers will have it up this weekend probably, but at a healthy price hike about MSRP.

ieJNbchxXoVL7.gif

Am I going to have to muscle my way through scalper country in order to get one of these? Or does the LEGO store have preorders?

No, it'll be around for a while. Even less expensive but still popular sets like the BTTF Delorean are really easy to find. Stock may be low for the next month but you'll get one if you try.

It is a LEGO store exclusive, so it will take a bit of time before Amazon themselves get it. Some third party sellers will have it up this weekend probably, but at a healthy price hike about MSRP.

what classifies as a lego store exclusive? As in will i find it at the lego store at the local mall?

what classifies as a lego store exclusive? As in will i find it at the lego store at the local mall?

Usually sets with numbers in the 10000 range are exclusives, but that kinda went out the window this year.
The exclusive sets are sets that are only available to buy at LEGO Stores and LEGO.com for the first few months of availability. After that, they become available at places like Amazon, Toys R Us, etc. The Star Wars Ultimate Collector's Series is one of the biggest lines of LEGO exclusives.

But yes, you should be able to get this at the LEGO store at the mall, but only if you are a VIP member. It is free to sign up though. Non VIPs can buy it starting Feb 1st.

Morts

Tried that. Still doesn't even show up under search. I guess to upgrade to VIP I have to buy something or enter a number off the back of a card you get in store? I guess I'll take my chances ordering on the first.

Kirlia

Banned
Oh my God, I remember one of my Facebook friends freaking out (in a bad way) over this. She wrote an angry letter-style rant calling the show childish and crude and signed the post, "a former LEGO fan." I don't think anyone bothered to comment on her post.

I don't have any problems with the set, though, save for the price and those weird expressions, heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom