• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"A Streetcar Named Marge" is the best Simpson's episode ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwhit10

My top 3. All from season 8 oddly enough.

The_Simpsons_3F24.png

"El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer (The Mysterious Voyage of Homer)"

One of my favorite scenes from the show.

After Homer eats Chief Wiggum's chili the second time.
"Don't quit your day job. Whatever that is."

Joe Lee

The Hank Scorpio episode is my personal favorite. Can't remember the name of the episode off the top of my head though.

"You ever see a guy say goodbye to a shoe?!"

Dental plan

Lisa needs braces.

Dental plan

Lisa needs braces.

Dental plan

Lisa needs braces.

Dental plan

Lisa needs braces.

Dental plan

Lisa needs braces.

Dental plan

Lisa needs braces.

Done right.

Also, not the best episode, but Trash of the Titans is a brilliant episode. Also, this scene (sorry for the off-screenness of it) from it is probably my favorite scene from The Simpsons ever.

The Hank Scorpio episode is my personal favorite. Can't remember the name of the episode off the top of my head though.

"You ever see a guy say goodbye to a shoe?!"

"hehe, yes, once."

It's the better part of that exchange.

also:

Hank Scorpio: Uh, hi, Homer. What can I do for you?
Homer: Sir, I need to know where I can get some business hammocks.
Hank Scorpio: Hammocks? My goodness, what an idea. Why didn't I think of that? Hammocks! Homer, there's four places. There's the Hammock Hut, that's on third.
Homer: Uh-huh.
Hank Scorpio: There's Hammocks-R-Us, that's on third too. You got Put-Your-Butt-There.
Homer: Mm-Hmm.
Hank Scorpio: That's on third. Swing Low, Sweet Chariot... Matter of fact, they're all in the same complex; it's the hammock complex on third.
Homer: Oh, the hammock district!
Hank Scorpio: That's right.

Hank Scorpio: Uh, hi, Homer. What can I do for you?
Homer: Sir, I need to know where I can get some business hammocks.
Hank Scorpio: Hammocks? My goodness, what an idea. Why didn't I think of that? Hammocks! Homer, there's four places. There's the Hammock Hut, that's on third.
Homer: Uh-huh.
Hank Scorpio: There's Hammocks-R-Us, that's on third too. You got Put-Your-Butt-There.
Homer: Mm-Hmm.
Hank Scorpio: That's on third. Swing Low, Sweet Chariot... Matter of fact, they're all in the same complex; it's the hammock complex on third.
Homer: Oh, the hammock district!
Hank Scorpio: That's right.
The fact that Brooks improvised this on the spot makes it.

J2 Cool

Good of time as any to post The Bartman video. Obviously cheesy and not in the tone of the show, but still great. There was a stretch of time The Simpsons could do no wrong and just kept getting better.

Lemon of Troy

Homer: That tree's been in Springfield since the time of our forefathers,give it back or we'll bust in there and take it!
Shelbyville guy: Bust in here and take it? You must be stupider than you look.
Homer: Stupider like a fox!

Lemon of Troy

Homer: That tree's been in Springfield since the time of our forefathers,give it back or we'll bust in there and take it!
Shelbyville guy: Bust in here and take it? You must be stupider than you look.
Homer: Stupider like a fox!

Okay, that is the best Simpsons episode ever.

You Only Move Twice
Homer vs. 18th Commandment
Lisa on Ice
Treehouse of Horror IV / VI
Homer the Heretic
Whacking Day
The Springfield Files

All god tier.

And Maggie Makes Three.
Last Exit to Springfield.
Marge vs the Monorail.
King-Size Homer.

My (apparently) underrated picks are A Milhouse Divided and Hurricane Neddy.

Also, I maintain that Citizen Kang is still some of the best political satire ever to air on television.

"As a young boy, I too dreamed of being a baseball, but tonight I say, we must move forward, not backward, upward not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom."

"It's time to tear those aliens a third corn chute."

and maggie makes three is my personal favorite.
Is that the one where Homer tapes the pictures over the sign at the end to say "Do it for her"? That episode has always stuck with me. I really like the Stonecutters episode too. I don't pay attention to the episode names sadly, but anyway.

Marge: I don't want you stalking people tonight.
Homer: All right, fine. I'll be right back. I'm just going outside... to... stalk... Lenny and Carl... D'oh!

and

Homer: I swear, that if I ever reveal the secrets of the Stonecutters, that my stomach shall become bloated, and my head plucked of all but three hairs...
Moe: Um, I think he should have to take a different oath.
Number One: Everybody takes the same oath!

*Edit - Just had a look, it's Homer the Great. One more quote because it's awesome. lol.

Homer: I'd give anything to get into the Stonecutters.
Lisa: What do they do there, Dad?
Grandpa: I'm a member -
Homer: What do they do? What *don't* they do?
[laughs]
Homer: Oh, they do so many things they never stop. Oh, the things they do there, my stars.
Lisa: You don't know what they do there, do you?
Homer: Not as such, no.

One of my favorite scenes from the show.

After Homer eats Chief Wiggum's chili the second time.
"Don't quit your day job. Whatever that is."

"Space Coyote...?!"

I miss good old Simpsons :[ i struggle to watch the show today in all honesty, it's just not the same thing.

Is that the one where Homer tapes the pictures over the sign at the end to say "Do it for her"? That episode has always stuck with me. I really like the Stonecutters episode too. I don't pay attention to the episode names sadly, but anyway.

Marge: I don't want you stalking people tonight.
Homer: All right, fine. I'll be right back. I'm just going outside... to... stalk... Lenny and Carl... D'oh!

and

Homer: I swear, that if I ever reveal the secrets of the Stonecutters, that my stomach shall become bloated, and my head plucked of all but three hairs...
Moe: Um, I think he should have to take a different oath.
Number One: Everybody takes the same oath!

*Edit - Just had a look, it's Homer the Great. One more quote because it's awesome. lol.

Homer: I'd give anything to get into the Stonecutters.
Lisa: What do they do there, Dad?
Grandpa: I'm a member -
Homer: What do they do? What *don't* they do?
[laughs]
Homer: Oh, they do so many things they never stop. Oh, the things they do there, my stars.
Lisa: You don't know what they do there, do you?
Homer: Not as such, no.

Yes!

Who controls the British crown?
Who keeps the metric system down?
We do, we do
Who keeps Atlantis off the maps?
Who keeps the Martians under wraps?
We do, we do
Who holds back the elctric car?
Who makes Steve Gutenberg a star?
We do, we do
Who robs gamefish of their site?
Who rigs every Oscar night?
We do, we do

inner-G

Banned
Marge vs. The Monorail

Homer vs. The Eighteenth Amendment

... Just realized both my favorite eps have 'vs.' in them, crazy!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I can't believe I'm the only one to mention Secrets of a Successful Marriage. It has a golden joke every ten seconds.

It also has perhaps my favourite laugh out loud moment 'You mean I'm gonna be daddy? I hope we stay together forever...forever...forever....forever?'

Bulltshit. The ending to that episode is still one of the worst in the show. Ends on such a god awful note after so much asshole Homer. Same exact shit as the Grimes episode.

If I had to make a Top 10, no order, and this is very difficult for me. But I'm also one of the people who believe most of the truly great ones come from 2-6, rather than 1-8.

Homer The Vigilante(S5)
Simpson and Delilah(S2)
Two Cars in Every Garage and Three Eyes on Every Fish(S2)(I may just replace this one)
Lisa's Substitute(S2)
Homer at the Bat(S3)
Last Exit to Springfield(S4)
A Star Is Burns(S6)
Kamp Krusty(S4)
Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk(S3)
Deep Space Homer(S5)

The episode where Bart and Millhouse get high on quickie and become boy scouts is prettty awesome. And the older halloween episodes.

OH SHIT - and the one where Mr. Burns thinks Mr. Moleman is the lucky charms guy lol

The episode where Bart and Millhouse get high on quickie and become boy scouts is prettty awesome. And the older halloween episodes.

OH SHIT - and the one where Mr. Burns thinks Mr. Moleman is the lucky charms guy lol

Boy Scoutz 'n the Hood used to be one of my absolute favorites.

"Don't do what Donny Don't does.......they could have made this clearer."

I also happen to like The Springfield Connection a lot.

I'll be honest: I can't decide what my favorite episode is.

Saturdays of Thunder
Brother From The Same Planet
Bart's Comet
Treehouse of Horror III
You Only Move Twice
Homer the Heretic
Boy Scoutz 'n The Hood
And Maggie Makes Three
Lemon of Troy
El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer

They're all great

J2 Cool

So fond of the Treehouse of Horrors. The first one is really good itself, just for eery tone and fun situations. Still really like Marge coming out with a warning or the episode with Homer in the Treehouse. I like V and VI best overall.

Last Exit to Springfield is my #1, but I am disappointed no one has mentioned Duffless

-the "when I was 17" song
-my name is otto, I like to get blotto
-the other day I was so desperate for a beer and I ate the dirt under the bleachers

etc. Also one of the more touching episodes.

protectedimage.php

Give this man a medal

GQman2121

Banned
A Star is Burns has a lot of good quotes too:

"Barney's movie had heart. But Football To The Groin, had a football to the groin."

"...Schindler and I are like peas in a pod: We're both factory owners, we both made shells for the Nazis, but mine worked, dammit!"

"Boo Urns"

"Just hook it to my veins!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom