• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Popeye's to expand its presence in the US, plans to double number of locations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Popeye's is pretty delicious. Not just the chicken. The biscuits, the sides, the everything.

Their red beans and rice are especially tasty.

More of that spicy chicken goodness aww yeah. This is typically the stuff that knocks me off the gluten-free wagon for months at a time. Not that i'm complaining, nope, I'm enjoying the shit out of my 4 piece dinner thank you very much.

"We've really reached the hearts and minds of a much broader customer base," Bachelder said in her office at Popeyes' Atlanta headquarters.

Transfats will reach the hearts, alright.

I like Popeye's better than KFC though

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
They opened one near me in Canad last year, first time I ate there was like being reborn......so good, it's 100 X better then KFC

Cipherr

I dont east fast food chicken anymore, havent in a while. But I do like Popeyes seasoned fries. Ill have an order of those a couple times a year. Good stuff.

Jarmel

Banned
o1UNa.gif

Al-ibn Kermit

Is it true that all the meat popeys serves is halal?

That's what I heard but you'll probably have to check zabihah.com or at least call the location.

I believe it's all machine-killed though, which some Muslims don't consider true halal. But pretty much any halal meat you find in the US is killed that way.

EulaCapra

Much prefer Popeye's spicy strips, mashed potatoes, biscuits, and... Cajun fries! And I don't feel like total shit 80% of the time.

RC

Banned
How about opening a location north of the border? All we have up here is KFC and Church's. I want some goddamn variety in my fried chicken goddamnit!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Do they plan to double the speed of service.

While annoying at times, I've only really gotten slow service when ordering strips (almost always done to order it seems here) or if they're in the middle of restocking the chicken.

if I had to choose between Church's and Popeye's. then it's Church's. Had Popeyes on many occasions and in different area. and they have all been terrible. flavorless.

cajunator

Banned
I miss that so much! Haven't had Popeyes in years and the closest one near me is over a half and hour away.

That sucks. Its a go-to place when I'm at work and most other stuff has closed for the night.
I do agree that the service could be better. Slowest service I haven encountered in fast food.
Chick Fil A is the fastest and KFC is about the middle. You can look in the back and see the chicken is already cooked and ready but for some reason they are just super slow actually serving it, but the food is worth it.

So for us in the UK who have never even seen a Popeye's, what makes it better than KFC? Is it a direct competitor or a totally different experience?

cousins

So for us in the UK who have never even seen a Popeye's, what makes it better than KFC? Is it a direct competitor or a totally different experience?

1. KFC is ass, so they should't even count as "competition"
2. The biscuits, the chicken, and the sides are all fantastic at Popeye's
3. Red beans and rice, and sweet tea

Oxn

In no way is KFC better than Popeye.

Something is wrong with your tastebuds if you believe this.

in gaf mindset.
kfc is like a wii. its alright, nothing spectacular or worthwhile.
popeyes is like a pc rig running a gtx 590 at max settings.

We only have one Popeyes in our city so another one is welcome. Well, its more like our second popeyes closed down like 6 years ago. Ironically enough, one year after that our city is on the news because the other Popeyes that was left open ran out of chicken smh.

A.E Suggs

So they plan on doing that by closing one of the local one's in my area? Ok! I better see another built a block away unless they plan to be stomped by churches chicken in the area.

Muffdraul

I have a popeyes right down the street.

Hopefully I'll have one after they expand. I used to go to Popeye's for lunch pretty regularly when I worked at Universal. That ended six years ago, I've probably been there three times since then. Miss 'em. Ehmahgerd cerjern spershy.

Hopefully there will be a better location near me so I won't have to fear for my life every time I want my spicy chicken fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom