• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Popeye's to expand its presence in the US, plans to double number of locations

Status
Not open for further replies.
People in Austin and Central-South Texas, how does Bush's chicken compare? I've only ever had their sweet tea (which I enjoy) and their bland tenders.

Wait the green beans are not ironically good? I think i should try them the next time I go.

But yeah, everything outside of fried chicken takes forever to order.

y'all should try there jambala (sp?) bowl as well... amazingly unhealthy delicious.

Ahh, mighty wings. They need to bring those back.

iTSIUwsPYyZkZ.jpg

Be jelly bro.

They testing them here in atlanta atm. Pretty good wings. But pretty damn expensive! A buck a wing.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i dont really like popeyes that much, but it's nice to see some business expanding at least and creating more jobs.

Zoe

People in Austin and Central-South Texas, how does Bush's chicken compare? I've only ever had their sweet tea (which I enjoy) and their bland tenders.

I don't like eating meat off the bone, so I always get tenders. I like them there--I like to make a tender sandwich out of a roll, mashed potatoes, and gravy.

We have wicked wings in the us too. They are called hot wings though. And they are indeed the best thing on the kfc menu.

Hmm it didn't occur to me that they were just a different name like Cookies/Biscuits or Milk Shakes/Thick Shakes (BTW I live in the US, I just visit family in New Zealand every year). Despite having a KFC not too far away from my house, I don't go very often (my sister just doesn't care for chicken in general), but last time I went, it didn't seem like they had anything comparable to NZ KFC's Wicked Wings bundle. I'll have to pay closer attention when I go to NZ later this year.

But the chicken itself (which I hear is from the local farms) is much higher in quality and better tasting than most fast food places that I've had in the US.

Plus Peri Peri sauce which they offer with it (it's very much like Sriracha but equally stronger flavor and heat.

SolKane

I like Popeye's but I always feel disgusted going to the place. It doesn't help that the last Popeye's I went to was an absolutely terrible customer service experience. There's another place called Raising Cane's that's coming soon that I hope to try. Haven't been to Bush's yet, I hear they sell gizzards.

Kusagari

Every time I've had Church's it tasted like shit.

Don't know where you guys are getting this amazing Church's from that is worth risking actually GOING to Church's for.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Every time I've had Church's it tasted like shit.

Don't know where you guys are getting this amazing Church's from that is worth risking actually GOING to Church's for.

I'm curious where the shitty churches are. Maybe they mak struggle chicken when there is no fear of injury.

Today I ate chicken tenders at Popeye's. It was delicious.

Their pricing pisses of me off though. I don't want combos; I don't want sides or drinks. If I order chicken by itself, the smallest order is like 8 pieces WTF.

I love Popeye's, but I usually go to Taco Bell for fast food or a grocery store if I want fried chicken.

Silkworm

How is Bojangles in comparison? When I lived in North Carolina I saw a bunch of stores from this chain but never tried them. Not sure if there are any Bojangles around here in Indiana, but I do have fond memories of Popeye's when I lived in Florida & Mississippi, esp. the biscuits *drools*.

J-Roderton

How is Bojangles in comparison? When I lived in North Carolina I saw a bunch of stores from this chain but never tried them. Not sure if there are any Bojangles around here in Indiana, but I do have fond memories of Popeye's when I lived in Florida & Mississippi, esp. the biscuits *drools*.

Bojangles? It's all about the cajun filet biscuit combo with sweet tea and fries, then soak that shit in texas pete packets.

As far as comparing them, I have no idea. I've never just gotten the fried chicken there.

Be jelly bro.

They testing them here in atlanta atm. Pretty good wings. But pretty damn expensive! A buck a wing.

Those don't look like the original "Mighty Wings" of the 90's. They look like the fried chicken wings I had at the McDonald's in Hong Kong and China. Still, any fried chicken is better than no chicken at all, so I hope they bring it to Cali.

But I won't know until I taste them, since I'm not finding many good pictures on the net.

cajunator

Banned
Churches around here is pretty decent. It has a really thick batter and drier chicken but is reasonably tasty.

I tried Bojangles up in Virginia and it was pretty damned good but the seasoning at Popeyes is better.

Those don't look like the original "Mighty Wings" of the 90's. They look like the fried chicken wings I had at the McDonald's in Hong Kong and China. Still, any fried chicken is better than no chicken at all, so I hope they bring it to Cali.

But I won't know until I taste them, since I'm not finding many good pictures on the net.

yeah, they do remind me of the wings i had in china over the summer. What were the original mighty wings like?

Silkworm

Churches around here is pretty decent. It has a really thick batter and drier chicken but is reasonably tasty.

I tried Bojangles up in Virginia and it was pretty damned good but the seasoning at Popeyes is better.

Ah, I see. I do like the "cajun" spices that Popeye's uses, which I guess is what makes it "Popeye's" after all :)

Kusagari

Bojangles is the best to me. The spices they used just hit all my tastebuds perfectly, even more than Popeyes. I used to get it all the time and then the only one in South Florida closed down :(.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
But will they be able to provide enough chickens to these new branches?

yeah, they do remind me of the wings i had in china over the summer. What were the original mighty wings like?

The original mighty wings had less of a crumbly fried chicken breading, and the breading wasn't quite as orange in color. It didn't look like your your typical fried chicken is what I'm trying to say. If you've ever had those fried wings in a bowling alley somewhere, or even Jack in the Box's "Finger Food wings" from the 80's and 90's, then its close to that.

YoungHav

Banned
This is annoying, only 5 KFCs left in all of Manhattan. If they close down the KFC on 14th st and 2nd Ave I'm going to form a militia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom