• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Popeye's to expand its presence in the US, plans to double number of locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxn

Church's is almost better than KFC, and Church's is just grease. Seriously, greasiest chicken ever.

The KFCs that I have had is almost inedible. It feels bad to have to toss out food, but i have had to with KFC.

The fact that it is compared popeyes is giving too much credit to KFC already.

cajunator

Banned
We only have one Popeyes in our city so another one is welcome. Well, its more like our second popeyes closed down like 6 years ago. Ironically enough, one year after that our city is on the news because the other Popeyes that was left open ran out of chicken smh.

Is this the one that viral video was from?

Church's is ok but seriously, it gets blown the fuck away by many other chicken places.

2008_02_26_dundas.jpg
187555_o.gif

Popeye's is solid.
I usually get chicken at a nearby Publix though.

Zoe

I don't see how it could be, but I'll try it for a fellow GAFfer. Do they have it at the North Lamar location?

It's at all the Austin (and surrounding) locations I've been to. It should automatically come with any strip meal 3 pieces and above.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
It's at all the Austin (and surrounding) locations I've been to. It should automatically come with any strip meal 3 pieces and above.

Must be a Texas thing I guess. I usually just go with the Spicy Honey Mustard with the spicy chicken strips, but I heard rumors that their honey mustard may be going away in some locations?

harmonize

Popeyes in New Orleans > Bojangles > Popeyes everywhere else >>>>> Church's >>>>>>>> KFC

If you're not eating fried chicken cajun-style, you're doing it wrong.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Oh hell yeah. All we have around here in terms of dedicated chicken facilities is KFC, and they kinda fuckin' suck. Please plop one down up here.

gryz

Banned
why are chicken places always such a nightmare? I have never had a positive experience getting chicken from kfc,popeyes,etc. the employees at every fried chicken place I go to seem to be straight out of idiocracy. last time I tried to get KFC they were out of chicken!

it seems like it should be the easiest place to work but for some reason it takes 15 minutes to get your chicken moved from the heat lamps into a box

I have two locations within 10 miles of my house available already, but this is good news for people that have to go further out for spicy chicken strips.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Isn't popeyes salty as fuck?

I had to throw out some chicken I bought because of the massive amount of salt I tasted :|

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Good, this destroys KFC.

I havent had it in like 2 years though.

However, Popeyes>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>KFC

Kazerei

Banned
I've never been to a Popeye's, but there's a location in my city.

What's good there? The fried chicken is a given.

Amakusa

I worked at Popeye's long ago, spicy strips (epic), spicy chicken breast (epic) Cajin rice and read beans and rice... (EPIC!!!)

I can still eat here, even after working at popeyes for 1 1/2 years back in highschool.

Hmm might go this weekend, its been a few years.

Is the Popeyes by me like the only mediocre one in the country or something? Everyone raves about them but their chicken is almost always worse than KFC, IMO.

Then again, when it comes to tenders at least, neither of them beat the Raising Canes by me. Largest, tenderest tenders I've ever had, they just melt in your mouth.

Wow, it isn't just me. I really really wish I can visit these Popeye's that GAF always raves about but the one near me has always been *decent* at best with really awful sides. I'm beginning to think it's just horribly overhyped and GAF simply has no idea how Chicken is supposed to taste. I was more impressed with Bojangles when I traveled to North Carolina a couple years ago. Give me more of THOSE not crap like Popeye's.

The best fast food chicken for me has been KFC in New Zealand. Wicked Wings with Peri Peri sauce is heavenly. America is REALLY missing out.

Slayven

I worked at Popeye's long ago, spicy strips (epic), spicy chicken breast (epic) Cajin rice and read beans and rice... (EPIC!!!)

I can still eat here, even after working at popeyes for 1 1/2 years back in highschool.

Hmm might go this weekend, its been a few years.

Hahaha, that says alot. I worked at a pizza place years ago. And I could not eat pizza or related items for like 6 months afterwards.

Ok, so I had the white gravy ... I can't say it's godly since I'm an atheist, but I will say it was pretty damn good. Love how Popeye's is so liberal with the amount of spices they put in the chicken and the gravy. I used most of it on my biscuit because it reminded me of biscuits with sausage gravy but still the same amount of spice, almost like there was spicy sausage in it. Then after I used the rest of it on my chicken, I went back to my old favorite ketchup to dip the chicken in. The ketchup tasted so flavorless compared to the gravy. This gravy ruined ketchup and chicken for me damnit!

Zoe

Ok, so I had the white gravy ... I can't say it's godly since I'm an atheist, but I will say it was pretty damn good. Love how Popeye's is so liberal with the amount of spices they put in the chicken and the gravy. I used most of it on my biscuit because it reminded me of biscuits with sausage gravy but still the same amount of spice, almost like there was spicy sausage in it. Then after I used the rest of it on my chicken, I went back to my old favorite ketchup to dip the chicken in. The ketchup tasted so flavorless compared to the gravy. This gravy ruined ketchup and chicken for me damnit!

YnV8F.jpg

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
The best fast food chicken for me has been KFC in New Zealand. Wicked Wings with Peri Peri sauce is heavenly. America is REALLY missing out.

We have wicked wings in the us too. They are called hot wings though. And they are indeed the best thing on the kfc menu.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I remember when McDonald's had hot wings at like, $7 for 20.

Good times with the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom