• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I really want to start part 6, but I still have Vento Aureo, and I've heard less than stellar things.
Part 5 has the best battles up to that point, and a pretty good story, too. It's much faster paced than any other part and more similar to Stardust Crusaders in that it's a "journey to a certain destination" story and that the JoJo doesn't do much despite being brokenly powerful, while someone else takes the real lead (Joseph/Bruno)

I love Vento Aureo. A lot of its flak comes from the old, bad translations, I think.

fertygo

Jojo is fighting comic series and part 5 had tlhe best fight so its can't be that baddddd.. although the claim being the worst can be justified.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
SQUAD

Except Narancia. Has a decently cool stand but a terrible personality

Matsukaze

I really want to start part 6, but I still have Vento Aureo, and I've heard less than stellar things.
Even though I'm one of the folks who thinks Part 5 is noticeably weaker than its counterparts, it's still worth a read. If you enjoyed the structure of Stardust Crusaders, you'll enjoy Vento Aureo (conversely, if you didn't care for the "travel from A to B, fight Stand User X" format, then VA might be a harder sell).

What I think Vento Aureo does poorly - The pacing is fairly choppy (especially towards the beginning), GioGio is boring and has an especially incoherent Stand, the major antagonist is the least hype in all the series, and the "endgame" seems all over the place

What I think Vento Aureo does well - Setting is awesome, Bruno largely compensates for Giorno's dullness, several good fights, MOTHERFUCKIN' SEX PISTOLS!

It's easy to forget under all the fabulousness that Vento Aureo is pretty vicious. It's mostly barely teenagers ripping each other to shreds.

Extreme violence is one of the core tenets of Part 5 to me. Remember that our introduction to Mista and Narancia is someone getting stabbed in the cheek with a fork for being dumb? Or how one of the enemy stand users had a stand that caused bacteria to eat your flesh and didn't care if civilians were caught in it? Or how a man was executed via cutting parts of his body off in segments and then mailing them off to relatives? Or when Doppio fights Metallica and you can see scissors in his throat, he vomits razor blades and nails shoot out of his mouth? Or when Polpo accidentally blew his own brains out with a revolver because he thought it was a banana?

it's fucked

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I still think Giovanno sucks and the whole part would be better if you see Buccateli as the protag

Nairume

Banned
Viz did some weird stuff with the newest JoJonium volume. Some of the two page spreads are inexplicably just crammed portrait style onto one page, rather than being kept as two page spreads.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The other pillar men could do it since I remember ACDC and Wham contorting themselves a few times. I don't remember the rib cage trapping though.

Also Santana was the only one to "invade" someone's body right?

Squishy3

ACDC did the body invasion to Suzy Q
That was different than what Santana did because he was just a brain and veins. Santana jammed his entire body up Stroheim's leg.

NVM, misread.

Also you guys remember that EDM version of Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town that's mentioned on the OP CD? I thought it was just going to be an ending music arrangement that they'd use for some episode somewhere down the line.

Turns out it's an actual electronic dance music arrangement.

Even though I'm one of the folks who thinks Part 5 is noticeably weaker than its counterparts, it's still worth a read. If you enjoyed the structure of Stardust Crusaders, you'll enjoy Vento Aureo (conversely, if you didn't care for the "travel from A to B, fight Stand User X" format, then VA might be a harder sell).

What I think Vento Aureo does poorly - The pacing is fairly choppy (especially towards the beginning), GioGio is boring and has an especially incoherent Stand, the major antagonist is the least hype in all the series, and the "endgame" seems all over the place

What I think Vento Aureo does well - Setting is awesome, Bruno largely compensates for Giorno's dullness, several good fights, MOTHERFUCKIN' SEX PISTOLS!
I definitely intend to read it, and I just finished part 4 as well. Also, I really love the Sex Pistols design.

I've discovered recently while listening to my Jojo playlist that whenever "Last Train Home" comes on I get a bit emotional. I think if that had closed SC episode 47, my eyes would have pissed tears.

Oh, and regarding part 4, I'm disappointed that we got no closure on Mikitaka, but his chapters were amusing for sure.

PMS341

With how nicely animated Part 4 has been so far, my anticipation for Mikitaka only grows.

I still feel that Rohan will still the show, though. Such a damn good character.

oh shit i can't wait for the anime thread to react to Mikitaka

shit cant wait to see how they will react to most, if not all of the stuff in part 4

Squishy3

Watching the new Persona 5 trailer and all I could think about was this reminding me of Born This Way.

latest

Not the exact same thing but that Persona's also got the ice motif and that's what Born This Way did. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom