• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
It just occurred to me that Angelo from Part 4 is named after the composer of the Twin Peaks soundtrack.

Part 4 is Araki's version of Twin Peaks.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Fugo's "betrayal" due to Araki not being able to write around him sucks because you'll notice that before that point there's little hints that he has a thing for Tris and there's really no reason for him to be more hesitant than the others. I'd rather Fugo died (I think in one of the novels he did?) so he would've gone out on top.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Fugo's "betrayal" due to Araki not being able to write around him sucks because you'll notice that before that point there's little hints that he has a thing for Tris and there's really no reason for him to be more hesitant than the others. I'd rather Fugo died (I think in one of the novels he did?) so he would've gone out on top.

Fugo doesn't die in the novels, one of them is a side-story where he manages to help out Bruno's gang even though he's supporting the boss and the other novel (the really good one, Purple Haze Feedback) has him joining up with Giorno's new gang after that end of VA. They're not entirely canon, though the latter is referenced in All-Star Battle.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Weird, I swear there was a third novel I remember reading about where he died...

I thought that the man with the hair who helped save Josuke was actually going to be him, and that there was going to be some time travel plot point. Is that all it really was to be, or had Araki planned to do something more with it?

fertygo

I thought that the man with the hair who helped save Josuke was actually going to be him, and that there was going to be some time travel plot point. Is that all it really was to be, or had Araki planned to do something more with it?

Araki being Araki is most likely case, altho the dude stay as random dude that inspire Josuke actually works well too

cntr

Banned
We don't know, but for comparison, Araki wanted the gangster who helped Giorno to be Diavolo. But he didn't do it, so ??

I decided its time to pick up jojolion again. enough chapters have been released.
now my head hurts. i this has to the the most confusing/complicated part of all jojos

Tizoc

Rejoice my efellow JoJo homies and honies; we approach the Yukako episode, afterwhich comes the glorious SPAGHETTI EPISODE!

Squishy3

Yeah, Damo's the enforcer of whoever it is that actually runs the Rokaka fruit operation.

And we still haven't found out what Joubin's involvement in the whole thing is, unless Araki just decided to drop that plotline entirely.

Matsukaze

Damo seems less like the boss and more like the top guy the boss sends to straighten out problems. Vitamin C is strong as fuck, though, so (barring me being wrong about Damo) I can't even imagine what the main antagonist's Stand will do.

Next chapter or two, we're almost certainly going to see Hato's Stand. I'm hoping it's a more offense-oriented Stand, because I'd love to see Hato smack the shit out of Damo.

convo

With all the weird shit happening in JoJo some details bubble up again in my mind from time to time.
Like is Funny Valentine still jumping demensions trying to escape infinity death somewhere or did he give up somewhere down the line hoping Johnny would die? The SBR connection would need to get picked up if it was in the family tree.

dani_dc

I want to see anime watchers brains break when Bruno attacks his future self or whatever that BS was

I wonder if they'll keep the fight the same, considering the powers were clearly not finalized and are inconsistent with the "final" version (fast forward time).

Erigu

I wonder if they'll keep the fight the same, considering the powers were clearly not finalized and are inconsistent with the "final" version (fast forward time).
I imagine they will. That kind of stuff is nothing new, and I don't remember them ever changing things around because of that.

Squishy3

"A few"? ^^;
And it only gets worse from Part 5 on, so I can't imagine David Productions actually trying to (somehow) fix the plot.
Nothing after King Crimson is as confusing as King Crimson except for what Pucci was actually trying to accomplish, but that doesn't really matter because he never accomplished it.

Erigu

Nothing after King Crimson is as confusing as King Crimson except for what Pucci was actually trying to accomplish, but that doesn't really matter because he never accomplished it.
Well, he briefly did. And then, his defeat changed things around in yet another incomprehensible manner.

cntr

Banned
what Pucci was actually trying to accomplish, but that doesn't really matter because he never accomplished it.
Pucci tried to prevent his sister from committing incest by killing Weather Report, and that unforeseen consequence made him decide to create a universe where nothing is ever uncertain, because you will always know what your future contains.

Him dying before the loop completed was just the universe shattering after Made in Heaven broke, the original universe reformed into once where Dio never screwed up the Joestars, and they lived a good life. And the entire multiverse in SBR was created this way.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
wouldn't that mean the pillar men took over the world because johnathan had no reason to learn ripple therefore joseph wouldn't?

Lirlond

Dio not becoming a vampire means William survives, so caesars dad doesn't have to protect the pillar men early, so caesar had a normal relationship with him, and his dad wasn't eaten by the pillar men to wake them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom