• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You know the funniest thing?

The guy Vanilla Ice fought, Polnareff? He ended up becoming a turtle.

cntr

Banned
If changing Bites the Dust to Bite the Dust is a sufficient alteration for legal purposes, how come Echoes couldn't be changed to Echo?

You're killing me, legal system. :p
They can get away with using original names. Any legal case would be in favor of Jojo. All the artist names are trademarks, different from copyright in that trademarks can be freely used if people won't confuse you for the original.

...but in the US system, you don't get your money back until the case is over, if at all. That's too much money for them to deal with. That's why the Italian version uses the original names, their legal system is less expensive.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't he like, lose the use of his legs and become bound into a wheelchair

How's he become a turtle? Does Jotaro keep him as a pet? Do they travel the seas together?

Diavolo fucks him up in a Stand battle a few years before Vento Aureo, costing him an eye and his legs (he gets an eyepatch to make up for it though).

Pol decides to team up with Bruno's group for reasons I forget and goes to meet them in Rome. Doppio reveals that he's Diavolo, Pol gets punched in the abdomen like many other Jojo characters, but Pol manages to use the arrow on Chariot to create Chariot Requiem. CR is driven by the desire to protect the arrow at any cost. It can switch the soul of any living being with another and it can manipulate other Stands. Pol ends up having his soul put into the Stand-using turtle, Coco Jumbo, and since he can't go back to his own dead body, he ends up getting stuck in the turtle's hidden room Stand. Giogio keeps him as an adviser/team mascot for his new gang, and he never meets Jotaro ever again, which is probably one of the biggest disappointments in the series.

Diavolo fucks him up in a Stand battle a few years before Vento Aureo, costing him an eye and his legs (he gets an eyepatch to make up for it though).

Pol decides to team up with Bruno's group for reasons I forget and goes to meet them in Rome. Doppio reveals that he's Diavolo, Pol gets punched in the abdomen like many other Jojo characters, but Pol manages to use the arrow on Chariot to create Chariot Requiem. CR is driven by the desire to protect the arrow at any cost. It can switch the soul of any living being with another and it can manipulate other Stands. Pol ends up having his soul put into the Stand-using turtle, Coco Jumbo, and since he can't go back to his own dead body, he ends up getting stuck in the turtle's hidden room Stand. Giogio keeps him as an adviser/team mascot for his new gang, and he never meets Jotaro ever again, which is probably one of the biggest disappointments in the series.

Huh.

So what happens to Chariot Requiem?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Huh.

So what happens to Chariot Requiem?

Bruno defeats CR by using zippers on a ball behind his head, sending everyone's souls back to their old bodies. For some reason the ball projects light, which is why CR's shadow is always in the same place. And the shadow is a physical representation of a person's dark side. Or something like that.

The fight is weird and convoluted, and I'm sure the old translation didn't help.

Bruno defeats CR by using zippers on a ball behind his head, sending everyone's souls back to their old bodies. For some reason the ball projects light, which is why CR's shadow is always in the same place. And the shadow is a physical representation of a person's dark side. Or something like that.

The fight is weird and convoluted, and I'm sure the old translation didn't help.

Awwww. CR sounds so cool.

I want to know what Led Zeppelin did to Araki to make him change Made in Heaven's name. Originally Stairway to Heaven.

Made in Heaven has one of the best name changes though
Maiden Heaven

cntr

Banned
I want to know what Led Zeppelin did to Araki to make him change Made in Heaven's name. Originally Stairway to Heaven.

Made in Heaven has one of the best name changes though
Maiden Heaven
oh, they didn't do anything -- Araki just thought the Made in Hdaven lyrics fit Part 6 better

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I wonder if this means FILTHY ACTS AT A REASONABLE PRICE in SBR CR subs

also the Jojo Boys of Morioh

ChXBjjxU8AAwTgQ.jpg

Astral

What are you guys' favorite battle cries? I think mine has to he WANNABE. When I first read it I was so fucking confused. I didn't realize she was literally just screaming the name of the spice girls song. The delivery of it in EoH is so good that it has to be my favorite.

Matsukaze

WANNABE has been growing on me; first time I read it, I was like "Eh, that's decent", but then I heard it in a clip for Eyes of Heaven and I thought it was great.

If there's one thing I love about the voice actors for ASB and Eyes, it's that they nail those war cries. So good.

As for my favorite, it's probably ARIARIARI, followed by Dio's MUDAMUDAMUDA.

Squishy3

The only thing this conversation is making me realize is that after long enough Giorno's rush in ASB sounds like nummanummanumma.

remz

once i had a friend who was obsessed with an older (30s) japanese guy that used to go to the same bars we did. Anyway, one day he told me that said japanese guy told him that when you cum on a girl you should yell "dora dora dora" because it was some yakuza thing.

brah got pranked by a random jojos fan

ORA and MUDA are classics and DORA is GUREITO but after ASB I'm gonna have to agree that ARIARIARI is the best

once i had a friend who was obsessed with an older (30s) japanese guy that used to go to the same bars we did. Anyway, one day he told me that said japanese guy told him that when you cum on a girl you should yell "dora dora dora" because it was some yakuza thing.

brah got pranked by a random jojos fan

Wat

Siegcram

ARIARIARI

is the best.

As for yelling out stand names Killer Queen and ZA WARUDO are my favorites.
It's too bad "Achtung Baby" is, well, a baby, because the only thing funnier than a japanese VA yelling in English is them yelling in German.

Qurupeke

Posting some rankings now I'm done. I'm not including Part 8 because we don't even know the main antagonist yet.

7>6>4>2>5>3>1

And as far as JoJos are concerned:

Jolyne>Jotaro>Joseph>Josuke>Giorno>Johnny>Jonathan

And main antagonists:

Funny Valentine>Yoshikage Kira>Enrico Pucci>DIO(though he's behind everything!)>Diavolo>Kars

What are you guys' favorite battle cries? I think mine has to he WANNABE. When I first read it I was so fucking confused. I didn't realize she was literally just screaming the name of the spice girls song. The delivery of it in EoH is so good that it has to be my favorite.

I have to give it to the classic Ora Ora Ora by Jotaro. Daisuke Ono's voice is just too good.

cntr

Banned
It's funny how the best main characters (Joseph, Josuke, Jolyne, Gyro) have the best villains (Pillar Men, Kira, Pucci, Valentine).

Hopefully Jo2uke's villain lives up to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom