• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pikachu 3DS XL coming to North America (3/24)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Is this old? I don't follow Nintendo news that closely.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10569896#post10569896

credit to prim4444

Weird they have not announced it yet, but my store already has them in. Street date is 3/24

gVExX5m.jpg

Probably announced tomorrow officially

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/311872840221749249

Looks like it was already teased in a commericial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRAs-tBJtbc&feature=youtu.be

Pictured below is the Japanese version for reference

lMkdfYT.jpg

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/news_pikachu_3ds-2013-03-14/

The bold yellow system makes its way to North America on March 24th.

Show off your love of Pokémon with the new Pikachu Nintendo 3DS XL handheld system! This system features the outline of the famed Pokémon Pikachu, and it comes packaged with a 4GB SD memory card. The Pikachu Nintendo 3DS XL will be available on March 24th—the same day that you can start playing the Nintendo 3DS-exclusive adventure Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity!

The Pikachu Nintendo 3DS XL will be available in North America at participating Walmart, Target, Toys R Us, and GameStop stores for a suggested retail price of $199.99. Quantities are limited, so look for it starting on March 24th!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The same day of Luigi and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon. That's...the best thing they could have done. NoA, first good ads, now this? What's happening to you?

I honestly don't see the allure of this outside of being a collector's item or something.

But, they should have made it all yellow at least. Having the yellow top and a white back looks tacky as hell.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Question: Does the XL's screen have a higher resolution than a OG 3DS? I have the OG one and wanted to upgrade but if the screen is going to look pixelated, I'll stay with my current 3DS.

LOCK

The same day of Luigi and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon. That's...the best thing they could have done. NoA, first good ads, now this? What's happening to you?

Hopefully the realize that options are a good thing. Hopefully this is a trend. Wonder if we will get new colors in April and May, cause we have to be getting the AC bundle in June.

randomkid

That's cool, they can stealth announce another model right after, they've released multiple colors at a time before right? RIGHT???

You've got till April 30, Nintendo. Black, White, Silver, even burgundy, work with me here!

Verelios

Don't see a reason to change my Zelda one for such a gaudy color. Not that I'm dissing yellow, but it's just not for me.

Richie

As good a business move as this is, seeing how Mystery Dungeon's about to be released, I fear such Poké-combo may eat into Luigi Mansion's sales.

why are your nipples on your neck

Ask Pikachu, he's the one with nepples.

Question: Does the XL's screen have a higher resolution than a OG 3DS? I have the OG one and wanted to upgrade but if the screen is going to look pixelated, I'll stay with my current 3DS.

There was a thread on this, there are pluses and minuses to owning either. It really comes down to preference. Find a game you play a lot and try it in both. Personally I couldn't stand the OG, bought it at launch and it was really uncomfortable. I now have the XL and it's amazing (along with CPP). I don't really notice much about the screen difference, played DS and 3DS games on both and I prefer the larger screen. There is a difference, but the 'amount' of pixelation will be up to your own judgment.

You guys are grown men buying something that looks like a 5 year old's shitty fisher price toy with that design on it. Cmon.

Stop talking about SimCity, this is a 3DS thread. (P.S. This works out of the box)

Diebuster

It looks like a throwaway toy you'd find at the bottom of a McDonald's Happy Meal. They did a way better job with the other special editions.

Owzers

" 3ds XL colors look like bad kids toys, i hope Nintendo releases more colors soon "

*troll face* - Nintendo

I personally am okay with that blue color...for the most part. Disappointed U.S. didn't get the fire emblem xl bundle but i'm not sure i want a 3ds xl or 3ds in general anyways.

NotLiquid

This swell version has always lightened up my day when playing the 3DS. Great to see America finally getting it too, it incentivized me to get an XL and I've been loving it ever since.

Just fwiw I have no problem with liking Pokemon or anything, this thing just looks so cheap and tacky I can't see how anyone would want it...

Anth0ny

YES

DONE

let me pre-order

finally a bearable color

yes, a fucking pikachu on the front is the first bearable color. that's not exactly high praise...

Top Bottom