• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pikachu 3DS XL coming to North America (3/24)

I generally love yellow handhelds but this particular one just doesn't look good to me.

The combination of Pikachu's orientation being the wrong way up (to my eyes at least), his lens nipples and the interior of the console being white really puts me off it in a big way. Now if they were to make an all-yellow XL, and sure slap a few smaller Nintendo-based decals on there or whatever the fuck if they must, then I would be all over it.

I kinda like the yellow. I wish they would have come out with a green one for Luigi, though.

We need a 3DS with this colour scheme

con_790screen001.jpg

Fox Mulder

I will buy an all black or white 3dsxl on day one. All these kiddie colors are annoying.

Maybe I'll just pick up one along with a can of spray paint.

Berordn

Someone explain Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Is it supposed to be good?

Roguelike + Pokemon. It's about what you'd expect.

The biggest flaws in the games are that it takes way too long to find any difficulty, though there are some pretty hardcore challenges at the endgame.

Cheska

Wouldn't it have made sense for them to bundle the new Mystery Dungeon game with this? I'm going to buy the system, but I would have been way happier if I knew I was getting a new game out it as well.

I would buy that in a heartbeat.

I will never forget seeing the picture of that controller in Nintendo Official Magazine. I may have wept a little at the thought it was forever exclusive to Japanese Club Nintendo.

Actually, I think johntv wrote that feature. Hey, john, fuck you man! ;_;

Given that this is apparently launching in North America on the same day as Mystery Dungeon, I can't help but wonder if we'll see another one released as a complement to the release of X & Y. The Charizard one might be an outside chance for that, though I suppose it's more likely that they'd go with a new desugn based off the new Pokémon.

paully

Banned
I wouldn't be caught dead using one of these, but I'm starting to like the 3DS XL. I might buy a plain white one very soon.

Given that this is apparently launching in North America on the same day as Mystery Dungeon, I can't help but wonder if we'll see another one released as a complement to the release of X & Y. The Charizard one might be an outside chance for that, though I suppose it's more likely that they'd go with a new desugn based off the new Pokémon.

Well we got the Palkia/Dialga and Giratina DS Lites, and the Zekrom and Reshiram DSis. And before that there was Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza GBA SPs. So I'd expect at least one 3DS XL with Xerneas and Yveltal.

Oxn

I wish they just released it as a yellow/white 3ds xl.

Im fine with pokemon, i just dont want pikachu on it. Maybe a pokemon i like.

Its like nintendo is finding every way to not sell me a 3ds.

DonMigs85

What a dilemma
Being a nice looking special edition, you want to protect it in a TPU or crystal case or something. But then it kinda ruins the aesthetic

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I wish they just released it as a yellow/white 3ds xl.

Im fine with pokemon, i just dont want pikachu on it. Maybe a pokemon i like.

Its like nintendo is finding every way to not sell me a 3ds.
Having amazing games available to play is not one of them though.

Not my favorite SE XL, but this is a step in the right direction! Hopefully it'll do well enough to allow other SEs to be released here without NA having to worry that limited (or I guess, not so limited) editions will do poorly in the US. I would've loved to have seen the AC console make an appearance, but I guess that was too much to hope for :\ I love my XL though; that shit is a fuckin' powerhouse! Y'all who waited for something cool won't be disappointed, lemme tell ya.

itshappeningronpaul.gif

Holy shit, I just bought a blue 3DSXL because I thought NA would never get any good colors, then the one I want the most is announced.

Does anyone know if Gamestop will let you do a system transfer with your current 3DS and still let you use it for credit toward the new one?

I really don't want to have to buy this at full price, but I'll be goddamed if I'm not getting one.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
itshappeningronpaul.gif

Holy shit, I just bought a blue 3DSXL because I thought NA would never get any good colors, then the one I want the most is announced.

Does anyone know if Gamestop will let you do a system transfer with your current 3DS and still let you use it for credit toward the new one?

I really don't want to have to buy this at full price, but I'll be goddamed if I'm not getting one.

Yeah, just let them know ahead of time before you buy it.

Top Bottom