• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pikachu 3DS XL coming to North America (3/24)

Bullza2o

For those planning to preorder which store is best to do it (US)?

I've never preordered hardware at B&M stores, but I'm kind of reluctant doing it at Gamestop.

Muku

black or no buy.

seriously what was wrong with that sexy charizard one?
6yaOp.jpg

That only came out in December here. Pikachu was what, summer last year? I just know I missed out on it. Urgh. Either way, if Charizard is coming, it'll be a while since Pikachu came first.

Sadly, doubt I'll be able to get this Pikachu either at the moment, because I imagine it'll be limited edition. But I'd double dip for a 3DS XL Charizard.

seady

Shit I want. Finally they release some limited edition color for USA.

But it's about time that Nintendo announce another iteration of 3DS. It's been more than a year already and way over their normal schedule.

daxy

I think the design looks fantastic. Have one myself and it's a joy to behold. Closed, the white band with yellow on top reminds me of a pair of sneakers.
It being white now, the somewhat cheap looking plastic (personal opinion) on the XL doesn't look as bad because its texture isn't visible.

Mononoke

Banned
Honestly, this would have looked better had they just kept the inside/ 2nd color black. The white + the cheesy picture they chose for Pikachu, makes this look like a cheap plastic toy.

Muku

TV spots for Luigi's Mansion and the new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Very 90s, very cheesy, very awesome.

Not living Stateside, I miss out on commercials unless a friend tells me to go watch one. I'm glad you posted this. Went and watched Pokemon Mystery Dungeon one. I have no intention of getting that game... but that commercial is just awesome! 80s/90s awesome.

Bilix

Out of all the XLs, we get this one. I don't know if it's the giant pikachu face or the choice of a white secondary color (should've been black or light brown to keep with the pikachu theme), but I don't think it's a very good look. I'm glad that there's people here that like it but this isn't the one I've been waiting for.

Oh well, I'll continue to wait or I'll break and get a purple 3DS.

Grief.exe

Any attractive 3DS XL colors coming to the US soon?

I wouldn't say this yet.

This went from no knowledge whatsoever, to a strange Pokemon commercial released a couple days ago, to the release date only 10 days away.

Usually we have a little more transparency than this and know when things are going to happen. This was out of the blue.

So something like an all black, white, or Luigi 3DS XL could come out in 20 days for all we know.

I'm personally holding out for one.

I wouldn't say this yet.

This went from no knowledge whatsoever, to a strange Pokemon commercial released a couple days ago, to the release date only 10 days away.

Usually we have a little more transparency than this and know when things are going to happen. This was out of the blue.

So something like an all black, white, or Luigi 3DS XL could come out in 20 days for all we know.

I'm personally holding out for one.

you holding your breath on that?

it wasnt actually out of the blue. its been pretty known for about 2 months now...just not confirmed
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509318&highlight=chile+pokemon

im holding out for a new one as well and would love for NOA to say we got the black as well, but i too live in the US and know all to well how NOA is

Just give me a black or the silver XL the rest of the world got. I can just see it now, a week after I inevitably cave in, they announce better colors

Of course its a limited edition.

Nintendo should give a five month heads up on limited editions for fucks sake. I can't get together $200 in fucking ten days.

Okay. If they are bringing this over I may aswell assume they are bringing over the AC one, so I think I'll start saving a little hear and there right now. I've waited this long on getting a XL I figure I may aswell get a limited edition for once.

Have fun with with the Pikachu color for whoever gets it. Looks like a nice color to have...if it was all yellow. Why they gotta mismatch stuff. Would've already gotten a 3DS if there was an all red, pink, or white color. Why is Nintendo being so dumb in all regions for the 3DS XL? (Japan only has white and black, while two solid colors it is still only two...)

daxy

Why is Nintendo being so dumb in all regions for the 3DS XL? (Japan only has white and black, while two solid colors it is still only two...)

In Europe we've got red/blue/silver with black, all white, Pika, soon all black with MonHun and blue with black FE:A XL in the bundle. Decent selection I'd say :U

Nintendo should give a five month heads up on limited editions for fucks sake. I can't get together $200 in fucking ten days.

Okay. If they are bringing this over I may aswell assume they are bringing over the AC one, so I think I'll start saving a little hear and there right now. I've waited this long on getting a XL I figure I may aswell get a limited edition for once.

Have fun with with the Pikachu color for whoever gets it. Looks like a nice color to have...if it was all yellow. Why they gotta mismatch stuff. Would've already gotten a 3DS if there was an all red, pink, or white color. Why is Nintendo being so dumb in all regions for the 3DS XL? (Japan only has white and black, while two solid colors it is still only two...)

Did you phrase this wrong our am I misunderstanding something? Japan has the most colors of all regions and quite a few limited editions.

Did you phrase this wrong our am I misunderstanding something? Japan has the most colors of all regions and quite a few limited editions.
I meant different colors on the INSIDE. The inside is what you are looking at, so it counts the most. In all regions there has only been two different colors. Thats all I count since thats what you look at when playing. I know others are different, but thats just the way I see things. I don't think Nintendo will never release a third color at this rate. :/

Anth0ny

What the!?

Is EBGames.ca already sold out?

http://www.ebgames.ca/3ds/consoles/nintendo-3ds-xl-yellow-pikachu-limited-edition/316208

I really...really find that hard to believe, but it's possible that Canada just got a ridiculously low amount.

Ugh, why did they not announce this sooner? Give the fans a little warning first, NoA, before suddenly "announcing" this.

what the actual fuck

I was going to pre-order from them tonight

fucking nintendo and their surprises

Lexxism

What the!?

Is EBGames.ca already sold out?

http://www.ebgames.ca/3ds/consoles/nintendo-3ds-xl-yellow-pikachu-limited-edition/316208

I really...really find that hard to believe, but it's possible that Canada just got a ridiculously low amount.

Ugh, why did they not announce this sooner? Give the fans a little warning first, NoA, before suddenly "announcing" this.

Lol. It was still available 1 hour before when I posted to Canadian Gaming deals. That was fast. Looks like many people wanted that XL.

chrono01

Lol. It was still available 1 hour before when I posted to Canadian Gaming deals. That was fast. Looks like many people wanted that XL.
So it's not one of those things where it was only listed as "Unavailable" as a temporary means until they later allocate stock and finally becomes available for purchase, hmm?

Well that's unfortunate. If they do not get more stock than it seems like I will be without it. :(

*sigh*

Muku

Agreed, with limited editions it'd be nice to be able to plan a few months in advance at least. They don't really bring out new colors, then they decide to surprise us with a limited edition on short notice, ugh...

Knowing your luck, they'll completely skip the AC one. -_-;

chrono01

Amazon.ca is apparently "sold out" of the Pikachu 3DS XL as well. -_-

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00BUSLSAC/

This further re-affirms my belief that Canada got allocated a drastically low amount of the available stock. It's still available at Gamestop.com, but unfortunately, they will only ship this particular item within the US.

Top Bottom